CBA_A3

-- Changelog --

Spoiler

Added visibility check to determine rooms secured #317

Added anti-armor routines to tactics #318

Added simplified Chinese Translation #319 ~ Thanks Augustakit 

Added Italian translations translation #297 ~ Thanks to Nilia119

Added fleeing info to debug draw banner #299

Added artillery and mortars turning towards the target for increased feedback #300

Added error check when loading LAMBS only on clients but not on the server #331

Added improved Chinese translation #326

Added forced stance change on doGroupHide #338 

Added distance in meters to debugDraw #337

Added flag for the 'isHidden' state #337

Added reload check before group assaults

Added debug markers to various Contact states

Added visibility checks to many room-clearing routines

Added prioritization of enemies on the same floor to many clearing routines

Added forced stance change to tacticsAssault

Added forced movement state to contact state

Improved CQB reaction speed by removing doWatch from many functions

Improved tacticsAssault building selection criteria

Improved FSM exit condition when the group has active memory of enemy positions

Improved FSM timings in many aspects

Improved infantry fighting vehicle tactics by having them drop ground troops more consistently. #335

Improved German and English translations #297

Improved artillery markers by showing spotter location #300

Improved doGroupHide and tacticsContact timings #303

Improved groups never suppressing as a group #304

Improved AI dodging evaluation (less dodge locking) #305

Improved assault memory handling* #306

Improved units will no longer suppress quickly moving vehicles, such as aircraft #306

Improved Garrison group tactics #307

Improved Assault group tactics #308

Improved tactics assess ~ more intelligent sorting of targets #309

Improved verbosity of tactics debug markers #311

Improved contact state with suppression option and better use of buildings  #316

Improved Individual AI small arms engagement #317

Improved individual AI attempting to suppress targets above-ground #317

Improved group and Individual AI clearing room logic

Improved tacticsAssess ~ the "HOLD" waypoint will have them remain static

Fixed unnecessary FSM reset when AI is forced

Fixed fleeing AI quitting FSM before the fleeing function is called

Fixed groups attempting to suppress targets as contact response at short ranges

Fixed wrong variable being checked when throwing smoke grenades

Fixed crew dismounting vehicles to conduct tacticsFlanks. VERY silly with APCs…

Fixed prevent sensor data to be requested on Remote units when Debug Draw is enabled #330

Fixed rogue white space in taticsHold function #323

Fixed instances where doWatch allowed ground-based vehicles “unearned” knowledge of enemies

Fixed units using binoculars indoors

Fixed missing Polish translation #310 ~ Thanks MiszczuZPolski

Fixed failed to reinsert leader into available units when finding static weapons #312

Fixed missing explosionEH Header #315

Fixed use of LookAt, which sometimes caused the AI to have knowledge it should not! #317

Fixed params type for the position argument in taskPatrol #320 ~ Thanks Keithenneu

Fixed mechanized infantry shooting friendly units that start firing their weapons #321 ~ Thanks blake8090

Fixed taskReset resetting animations for unconscious or mounted units #301

Fixed taskCamp forcing animations on units in vehicles and turrets  #302

-- Changelog end --

LAMBS Danger.fsm 2.6.0 improves many aspects of the mod. One significant enhancement is to the group memory feature used when assaulting buildings. Essentially groups will register and share suspected positions of enemies. This improves how the AI conducts itself in close-quarter battles. Another area of focus has been streamlining many low-level actions, such as cover-to-cover movement, building prioritization, and introducing many breakout patterns to prevent the AI from becoming target-locked.

LAMBS Danger.fsm 2.6.0 comes with a ton of feature enhancements and fixes which many of you have experienced on the Dev version. Hence the changelog, despite our attempts at zipping it, reaches into the sun. Other changes include improvements to vehicle AI. Specifically, a few cases of perfect knowledge have been removed, and infantry-to-armoured vehicle interplay has been made better. APC and IFV class vehicles will now unload troops when threats are nearby. 

As always, the team would like to thank our contributors and players who enjoy our mods. Thanks, everyone!

STEAM Workshop

---
GitHub

---

Discord

From the team

diwako / joko / nkenny

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

On 4/16/2023 at 8:01 PM, nkenny said:

As always, the team would like to thank our contributors and players who enjoy our mods. Thanks, everyone!

From the team

diwako / joko / nkenny

I won't lie to you. It is quite simple really. The best AI mod for Arma 3 has reached new heights never seen before in any previous and current Arma tittle.

I don't know how many years it will take A4's devs to reach this level of quality in terms of Ai realism but it is safe to say that LAMBS will be our best bet for at least a few more years to come.

Kudos to the team, the testers and for us players out there, enjoy this masterpiece!

• Like 10

7 hours ago, nkenny said:

APC and IFV class vehicles will now unload troops when threats are nearby. 

STEAM Workshop

---
GitHub

---

Discord

From the team

diwako / joko / nkenny

Its great to see the mod returning with an update,thanks for continued work,i know alot of people love Lambs. Personally i went back to vanilla as im trying to get the most out of performance and generally compatibility as i make scenarios.

To that end i just wanted to ask about this particular feature iv quoted above.... Will this present issues with group level desync? Vanilla Arma3 handles group vehicle assignment terribly quite often resulting in strange behaviours. One behaviour is the fact that a group may split/fracture/seperate upon entering/leaving/assigning/unnasigning vehicles,and i imagine when throwing other complex code into the mix,may exacerbate the issue. Also ,regarding AI infantry or vehicles,have you included or removed/tweaked "EnableAttack" behaviour?

Also,just curious if Lambs turrets will be tweaked or included.I played with it for a while now,i still think AI gunners are far too accurate at an and all ranges,so much that i often question if Lambs turrets fails to load sometimes as AI in vehicles can still easily snipe infantry with one bursts from any distance.

You, good sirs, are the last of the true gentle!

Thanks very much for this. I can't play Arma without it and these improvements are very welcome and much appreciated.

• Like 3

Thank you so much for your awesome work! Gameplay improves a lot with this kind of mod! Thank you so much for your unselfishness too 😈

• Like 3

@nkenny does anyone have a clue about how the radio works ?

How a group "share" and how it works with artillery ?

Does radio affects units eligible for reinforcements ?

This reinforcement tool is a gem; thus I don't know how it works...

Hello,

I have a particular issue with LAMBs AI task Garrison, it seems to be bugged. I did a few tests/ debugging to verify if there's actually an issue and here's what I found. For typical waypoints, once the A.I reaches the waypoint destination it's marked as complete and deletes itself. However, for LAMBS it:
- Never deletes itself. I created an sqf file counting the number of waypoints for the squad leader and it never changed even after he and his squad successfully garrisoned.
- Counts itself as complete before the destination is reached. As soon as the A.I starts to move, the waypoint's On Activation code is executed which is a mistake.

My issue is that I'm trying to get the AI to do something after they garrison. I've attempted the following methods to get around these issues but nothing seems to work. I used triggers with various conditions count ( waypoints squad_leader 1 ), speed squad_leader1 == 0, waitUntil {unitReady squad_leader1}. I also tried a combination of all 3 along with triggers and custom made variables (bool variables that are set to false and become true when the condition is satisfied) but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone suggest ideas to solve this particular issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, So Im trying out the New Spearhead DLC with IFa3 and the AI is Like Refusing to Drive completely. is it this Mod? 

On 9/8/2023 at 11:26 AM, billz4money said:

Hi, So Im trying out the New Spearhead DLC with IFa3 and the AI is Like Refusing to Drive completely. is it this Mod? 

Hi Folks,

I usually disable Lambs in vehicles and aircraft with the following in each of the crews "init field":

this setVariable ["lambs_danger_disableAI", true];

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 8:47 PM, scottb613 said:

I usually disable Lambs in vehicles and aircraft with the following in each of the crews "init field":

as I understand it, will affect the complete disconnection of AI from LAMBS? 

In this case, I foresee a serious problem for player.

Thus, disabled AI will lose a significant part of the detection range and there will be an imbalance with the rest of the units, which are not be disabled, since the lambs_range.pbo significantly increases the detection range.

They will lose  many meters of its detection range, depending on the level of AI. In addition, they will be isolated, because LAMBS uses information sharing between AI

Hi to All! 

I hope my message will be noticed by the developers of this mod.

I encountered a strange bug, it's hard to believe that this applies to LAMBS, but as soon as I disable LAMBS, it immediately disappears.

Some time ago, I discovered that all my RHS vehicles, that have automatic grenade launchers (40mm) onboard no longer have FX explosions and explosions sounds, when hit by projectiles!

How it looks, video here - 

When a grenade hits the terrain or a solid object, there is no sound from the explosion and no normal FX, Instead of a regular explosion, the player sees a scattering of small FX that do not correspond to the explosion.

The problem only affects RHS weapons, while vanilla weapons are ok.

It took me several days, before I found the reason, disabling each of my 100 +  mods one by one!!!

The winner of this search is Lambs 2.6.0!  

I was surprised! What will the AI mod have to do with visual and sound effects!?

Hmmm, I don't know, but as soon as I turn off LAMBS, I stop seeing this problem.

Together with LAMBS Danger I use -

LAMBS Turrets,
LAMBS Suppression,
LAMBS RPG (all versions)

Yes, I checked it several times, LAMBS Danger 2.6.0 - will kill visual and sound effects, when hit by 40 mm grenades from the vehicles of RHS mod. In my video uses USA Army vehicles, please lambs users, try check this also.

Later.

@nkenny

I did a more thorough analysis of this problem. 
For reason, I have many Lambs versions and I started checking every version starting from version 2.3.3. I found out that the problem appears in version 2.5.2, please note! this is the first version, in which lambs_range.pbo was added. Further, from 2.5.2. to 2.6.0. any version of lambs will kill visual explosions for RHS vehicles.
I hope this information will help you resolve this problem.

Edited by mickeymen
added additional Info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hi,

I tried using this as this seems like the only proper way to make AI search through buildings properly, and encountered some issues:

1. AI in CQB often get stuck, and they won't move until the whole team is out, even if only 1 AI is stuck. I'd consider some unstuck functionality or a timeout to stop waiting for the stuck AI.

2. In CQB it seems to send the entire group into a building, even if it's small, making #1 occur even more often for large groups.

3. In CQB AI seem to prioritize clearing buildings rather than engaging enemies. I think enemies should be the #1 priority, and they've been eliminated and their buildings cleared, go back to the search pattern.

4. CQB search pattern seems a bit too consistent, AI often search buildings in the same order.

5. AI in vehicles with CQB task/waypoint won't drive (they'll get in the vehicle if they're far enough, but then it won't move). Must use a regular "get out" waypoint followed by a CQB waypoint.

6. It's not clear to me why there are both waypoints and modules, and what's the desirable way to work with these functions. The waypoints seem to be more limited, but the modules can't be chained to give a next task once the current one is complete.

7. Could really use some other useful tasks, mostly:

a. Ambush: Set up defensive positions in stealth mode until ready to engage, and complete when all known enemies within ambush area have been eliminated.

b. Hold them off: Set up defensive positions and prioritize survival and delaying the enemy over rushing into combat and getting the kills (and killed). Good for when longer firefights are needed and the AI is expected to be outnumbered and/or expecting reinforcement/support. Allow some scripted/trigger condition to determine completion.

Hopefully at least some of those won't be too difficult to fix. This mod does some great things and I think it has a lot of potential to improve further.

Thanks!

For now splitting AI to smaller groups and not using the waypoints but rather calling the CQB function in the onAct field of the last waypoint with a low interval (2 seconds) helps.

I also set the AI QRF to enable the reinforcement feature, but I'm not sure how much it helps, they still often seem to prefer clearing buildings in order rather than engaging known enemies.

Basically I find the biggest problems with CQB right now are, in this order:

1. Too much priority for building clearing over fighting known enemies.

2. AI move too close together, and script seems to send the entire group into the buildling even if it's small. Leaving some AI outside would be safer and faster, and need to find some way to keep them spaced. Seems like when you send 4 men into a 4 different building positions and they all choose the same (sometimes only) entrance, then they all stack up trying to enter at the same time, which makes them way too vulnerable.

3. Search order is a bit predicable. Order of buildings could be slightly randomized (in cases where distances are similar), and dynamically change the order to prioritize clearing buildings around known enemies first, getting back to the original buildings order later. Buildings near known enemy contacts should probably re-enter the list of buildings that need clearing, even if they were already cleared.

A slightly odd question, but is there a way to restrict the garrison module by height? 

I'm working a hostage rescue mission, using the module to randomize the bad guy positions to make it replayable.  With the CT's being inserted on the roof via helicopter  I would rather there be a chance for them to get shot at while fastroping in by some guy who just happened to get teleported onto the roof.