nkenny

LAMBS Improved Danger.fsm

First, I have to say, your work on the Danger FSM mod addresses one of the few weaknesses of Arma and is very commendable to say the least.  

I have an idea for making more realistic AI.  Can you make it so you can set the courage level of the troops/AI?  Higher quality troops, or troops more committed to a cause are more likely to stay and fight and fight harder and longer.  Lower quality troops, or troops who were conscripted are less likely to stay and fight.  They are more likely to run and break contact as they don't want to lose their lives for cause they aren't committed to.

I would love to be able to set the courage or commitment level for different OpFor groups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, wonder if anyone try this mod together with Vcom AI script? 

On 8/19/2020 at 8:40 AM, dauhaanh said:

Hi, wonder if anyone try this mod together with Vcom AI script? 

Best bet is to try it yourself and report back

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 4:02 PM, JD Wang said:

@mickeymen We run CF_BAI alongside LAMBs and that does a great job of playing with the AI vision, making the AI spot you further out, but also taking in to account things like optics, movement speed, concealment etc.
We've found the AI will engage at much longer ranges, but if you're smart and stay concealed in tree lines etc you can actually sneak up on them as well.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:20 PM, Steve 161st said:

I think JD Wang makes a good point there. Have a read of the CF_BAI thread as that specifically attempts to deal with the AI spotting and reactions, especially at greater ranges.
From what I remember of the discussion, AI in the vanilla game have surprisingly short spotting distances when not in the alert state (300m ish). The distance from which they can spot you is also binary - i.e. 1m over the threshold and they will never spot you, 1m closer and the maths to spot you works normally.

We too, run Lambs and CF_BAI and find this a good combination. They can also be combined with VCOM but you might find you need more tweaking of parameters to get the balance you want when running all 3.

Any settings you suggest to run both?

On 7/16/2020 at 2:00 PM, loopdk said:

Just be aware CF_BA will kill  your rpt file with errors if the map isent well made

define is not well made?

The installation of last version was fine through Steam Workshop
At the same time I have uninstalled Vcomm Ai to avoid conflicts.
Unfortunately many bugs (error messages) appear on the screen during the gameplay related to the execution of the code.
The mod is now unplayable for me
It has never happened before: Vcomm AI or ASR worked very well with the same settings (mods, setup, etc..).
I don't know how to fix it.

p.s.

A clean new install of  Arma 3 has solved the issue. Now the mod is working fine

Keep up the good work!

I googled to  look for missions made with Lamb improved Danger, without success.
I wonder if anyone can  point me to a link where to find something.
Thanks 

13 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Stream workshop 

Steam Workshop  is full of missions  (64.125)...it's impossible to find those related to this mod with a query...

If I'm wrong..please correct me.

Hello, I have a question..How do you enable debug option?

Thanks

On 6/9/2020 at 2:19 PM, nkenny said:

Because the waypoint is actually a handler for a scripted function and not a "way point" in the BIS sense, it should be treated as end state when activated through waypoints. There are technical and game design reasons for this. It is, however, possible to skip out of the garrisoned state. You can do that by using the taskReset module, or simply by running the taskReset function directly on the unit you wish to have abandon the garrison. That could be achieved within the trigger or statement you are using to have the garrisoned unit move again

As I can see @nkenny  has disappeared for a while.

I hope he comes back...

Can anyone explane me how the mission creator can switch any LAMBS waypoint to any other or next waypoint? 

I've tried using a trigger with a SkipWaypoint I don't have any result:( Unfortunately, LAMBs waypoints will not be switched, like vanilla waypoints.

Also I tried use a LAMBS TaskReset module, but again not works.

For example, if a ai-squad has garrisoned a house (Task Garrison waypoint), then they cannot stay there forever!  There must be a way to switch this unit to the next waypoint, according to the wishes of the mission maker.  Unfortunately, without the ability to switch waypoints, there is no point in new waypoints. 

I see the autor is not very active here but maybe someone could help. Is there any way to disable the behaviour for certain units? I have some support vehicles commanded by AI, and they go haywire if I load this mod...

8 hours ago, seba1976 said:

I see the autor is not very active here but maybe someone could help. Is there any way to disable the behaviour for certain units? I have some support vehicles commanded by AI, and they go haywire if I load this mod...

Well yes, we have a Wiki entry for this

https://github.com/nk3nny/LambsDanger/wiki/Variables-and-functions#unit-variables

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lambs can be run by the server without it being a pre-designated dependency.   In our unit's testing VCOM crashes a dedicated server after 90 minutes or so but never had a problem with lambs.

• Like 1

Time to follow this thread a little closer again. 

First of all I would like to say thanks to everyone for the kind words. LAMBS Danger.fsm crossed the 50000 Steam Subscribers threshold a little while back. The team and I are happy and excited to see and hear about the games you play. We will be bringing out version 2.5 quite soonish. In fact, for those of that snoop our gitHub, will have seen quite a bit of activity recently. 

Version 2.5 will bring with it the much anticipated FSM rework and a considerable reorganisation and renaming of internal functions. The end result is a faster, more deadly AI; for developers,  a streamlined and consistent environment. Two interesting features that will be coming with the next version are reworked group behaviours and a shared memory within the group. The former is already familiar. AI Groups will perform tactical manoeuvres, such as flanking or collective suppressive fire. With the next version, that feature has been updated, tightened and enhanced. The different tactical states are now more apparent and potent. You'll see group deliver area fire on known and expected locations and they will assault buildings with all the more rigor and aggression. Group actions are therefore much more integral to the AI's performance in a combat environment. Likewise the intelligence or evaluative process for group actions has been improved. There is also more consistency in AI using flares or manning static weapons. 

As to the former, a group now has a shared memory or consciousness of nearby enemies. When an AI soldier is in an assessment state, he will seek out enemies known to the group, but not directly threatening him. In other words, you will see the AI converge on known enemies or deliver sympathetic, prophylactic, suppressive fire when the enemy is not immediately within reach. The same system is used to make the AI more capable of clearing through buildings when enemies are suspected. Fun, dangerous, stuff.

Thank you for playing :) 

Ken

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Could you make a helicopter behavior mod,too? If I use 2 helicopters,they would go ladder high,armed helicopters will make a circle pattern and landing would be done with lateral separation. Like thishttps://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.defenseworld.net%2Fuploads%2F%2Fnews%2Fbig%2Fphilippin_1458207921.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.defenseworld.net%2Fnews%2F15620%2FSenior_Philippine_Defense_Officials_Accused_In_UH_1H_Huey_Helicopter_Scam&tbnid=RlLA70O3e-K_6M&vet=12ahUKEwjYp6r37rLsAhWSuioKHZKWCcUQMyhXegUIARCQAQ..i&docid=X-R2LeLd3CQWMM&w=631&h=376&q=heuy helicopter&ved=2ahUKEwjYp6r37rLsAhWSuioKHZKWCcUQMyhXegUIARCQAQ

If you could make the helicopters do SAR by looking for if player has some kind of arty ,and use it at last known pos of adversary,and use the basket of Unsung Mod I would think of it as a big step in usefulness.  If we could get all this as menu items ,perhaps with ability to call in Suppressive Air strike,and a way to set altitude ,would be great.

• Confused 1

There is an option in the units attributes to disable lambs I believe. I don't think it's there in a vehicles atteibutes but it should be under lambs settings in an infantry units.

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2020 at 12:39 AM, mickeymen said:

You have the opportunity to teach the AI to pick up a launcher (RPG, Titan etc) from the ground (corpses), if the enemy has vehicles and if there are no more soldiers with a launcher in current AI squad ?

Create a big priority for this - Is it possible ?

Very often a soldier with a launcher can be killed, but his comrades will never pick up a launcher from the ground - It looks stupid and makes remaining ai-opponents helpless against vehicles.

I have long dreamed of such a AI-feature, but no one has yet done so.

Such a feature would make the gameplay vs AI or with AI much more interesting.

@nkenny  good day!  I am glad you are back.
I will ask you to answer my question that I asked before

There is additional information for you.
I am seeing some issues with your mod: 

1) Sometimes the AI- infantry is in motion animation, physically staying in one place - Video Here  before using your mod, I have never seen this

2) I do not know how this is connected, but I can observe with your mod, the AI more often passes through walls, ignoring many physical obstacles. I know that the vanilla game also has this, but now more often.

3) AI infantry very often performs Roll maneuvers on the ground, but they do not move to the right or left! They just spin in one place, as if in the air It looks very unnatural and the main thing is not meaningful, since the AI remains in the line of enemy fire.

4) Very often, the AI stops following its current waypoint (ignores it) enters the nearest building and remains there almost forever (!even when there is no threat around!) I didn't have the strength to wait for the AI to leave the building, so I interrupted the game. This feature can break many missions, If the mission required AI movement. If it possible, please try resolve this issue with a customization in addon settings or other method.

5) Waypoint REGISTER ARTILLERY for mortars cease their support after 1-2 volleys not more. 1-2 volleys (3-4 shots each) is approximately 6-8 shells. Shooters still have shells, but they just stand idle on the map. I've watched this for a long time. Always the same behavior as if the waypoint time is running out. Let the AI attack all the time with artillery and when the shells run out, let it leave the mortar and join the nearest squads.

6) I really appreciate your new waypoints! It's great, but your new waypoints don't lend themselves to basic waypoint tweaks. It cannot be "Skipped" and will ignore behavior settings, combat mode, etc. Please try (as far as possible) to adapt your new waypoint settings to the standard setting, so that they can be skipped or adjusted according to the waypoint menu.

7) You have a setting "AI uses a flashlights", please try to create a setting AI uses a IR laser also. 

I hope my info was helpful and at least some of this can be fixed/improved

On 10/11/2020 at 2:22 PM, nkenny said:

Time to follow this thread a little closer again. 

First of all I would like to say thanks to everyone for the kind words. LAMBS Danger.fsm crossed the 50000 Steam Subscribers threshold a little while back. The team and I are happy and excited to see and hear about the games you play. We will be bringing out version 2.5 quite soonish. In fact, for those of that snoop our gitHub, will have seen quite a bit of activity recently. 

Thank you for this work! 

Small suggestion, may be you want to do some about this situation: bots don't attack vehicle, which players just disembarked from, so it's provoke some "cheating" way to save vehicle from attack - for example, AI's attack helicopter engaging players in tank or APC, players just disembark from their vehicle (if they have time) and AI loose interest to this vehicle, but in real situation pilots must destroy vehicle, whenever it have crew or not.

22 hours ago, beeper said:

Thank you for this work! 

Small suggestion, may be you want to do some about this situation: bots don't attack vehicle, which players just disembarked from, so it's provoke some "cheating" way to save vehicle from attack - for example, AI's attack helicopter engaging players in tank or APC, players just disembark from their vehicle (if they have time) and AI loose interest to this vehicle, but in real situation pilots must destroy vehicle, whenever it have crew or not.

Vanilla Arma behaviour doesnt permit this and i doubt its a high priority for the mod author.And i see it as un needed and a further strain on performance two assign vehicle AI destroy waypoints when vehicle AI are already not the best.It will create more issues than its worth.

@nkenny Big thank you.This mod brought me back to Arma3 after nearly 2 years.

38 minutes ago, redarmy said:

Vanilla Arma behaviour doesnt permit this

It "doesnt permit" many things, that is why mods exist.

i doubt its a high priority for the mod author

I doubt you (and anyone) can define that. It is just suggestion, and author will decide.

And i see it as un needed

And i see it as needed

a further strain on performance two assign vehicle AI destroy waypoints when vehicle AI are already not the best

Don't get it. Only I can say - I hosting dedicated with about 40 mods (including this, VCom, etc) and never seen CPS less than 40, even on complex missions like KP liberation (about 5mb of script files). Moreover, this function can be optional.

It will create more issues than its worth.

Depends of realization.