Jump to content
nkenny

LAMBS Improved Danger.fsm

Recommended Posts

Steam's been updated for this, but if you're an old folder aficionado like me, Armaholic has also got version 2.0 up here. Thanks, @nkenny!

 

Spoiler

Update: 15 Jan @ 8:18am

Version 2.0
- Full rewrite of many systems; significant cleanup to the code
- Full CBA integration
- Added CBA configurable settings for most features
- Added CBA eventhandler backend
- Added keyboard for player led groups
- Added extensive debug interface
- Improved FSM performance
- Improved vehicle to infantry interaction
- Improved infantry CQB modules
- Improved all waypoints and performance
- Improved AI squad leader analysis and responses
- Improved individual AI movement skills : seeking cover and fire while moving
- Improved wheeled APC vehicle tactics
- Improved turreted vehicles predictive fire solutions
- Improved AI information sharing routines and configuration options
- Improved AI gesture usage
- Added custom AI fleeing state
- Added the ability for AI to man and abandon static weapons
- Added taskAssault and taskRetreat waypoints
- Added innumerable performance improvements
- Added two authors: Diwako and Jokoho482
- All known bugs fixed

Note: This release will repalce some of the existing variables and waypoints from older releases. It will also update the bikey. Finally it comes with a hard CBA requirement. A legacy version will be made available shortly.

Special thanks goes out to Diwako and Jokoho. This release would have been impossible without them. To members of nopryl for feedback and feature requests. To Clarke for testing and video feedback. To AnAngrySalad for bouncing ideas and testing. To any others that I forgot at the time of writing.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tested the latest version of this mod just now and find some wired issues

 

test with arma 3 latest update vanilla

- motorized/mechanized groups will never advance during combat ( using zeus and 3den )

- most of the time AI will run away off combat

- AI will never stay at same position even with no combat around

- 5+ AI groups will always separate

- AI seeks cover in no-combat situations all the time!

- tried to send some motorized units for an under fire team using ZEUS, the support motorized units refused the order and start seeking cover instead while they are 1200 meters away off combat at least

 

liked the building occupation and static mount though!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nkenny

Thanks for the update and for sharing this beauty with us.

Just FYI the bikey don't work. Maybe because of too many points in the name ?

lambs_2.0.0.bikey

 

btw I´am running the steam workshop version

cheers

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @CameronMcDonald. I'm a old fashioned forum-head myself, but have been a little scarce around these boards lately. 

LAMBS Danger.fsm

New release: Current version 2.0.1 *HOTFIX*

 

Change notes

- Full rewrite of many systems. Significant cleanup to the code
- Full CBA integration
- Added CBA configurable settings for most features
- Added CBA eventhandler backend
- Added keyboard for player led groups
- Added extensive debug interface
- Improved FSM performance
- Improved vehicle to infantry interaction
- Improved infantry CQB modules
- Improved all waypoints and performance
- Improved AI squad leader analysis and responses
- Improved individual AI movement skills : seeking cover and fire while moving
- Improved wheeled APC vehicle tactics
- Improved turreted vehicles predictive fire solutions
- Improved AI information sharing routines and configuration options
- Improved AI gesture usage
- Added custom AI fleeing state
- Added the ability for AI to man and abandon static weapons
- Added taskAssault and taskRetreat waypoints
- Added innumerable performance improvements
- Added two authors: Diwako and Jokoho482
- All known bugs fixed

Requirements and changes
This release will replace some of the existing variables and waypoints from older releases. It will also update the bikey. Finally this release has a CBA mod requirement. A legacy version is available on STEAM Workshop.

Special thanks goes out to Diwako and Jokoho. This release would have been impossible without them. To members of Nopryl.no for feedback and feature requests. To Clarke for testing and video feedback. To AnAngrySalad for bouncing ideas and testing. And to all the good ideas that have bounced back and forth on this forum. Finally, to any others that I forgot at the time of writing. 🙂

GitHub and License 
Not only did the code see significant clean ups and performance optimisation, coded in a style following the ACE3 guide, we've created a new  GitHub and added a new License.  For most users the license will change little. All we ask is that this mod not be monetized and that steam reuploads are limited.   The GitHub will also be populated with documentation as I have time to sit down and write it.  Mostly the updated variables -- sorry guys-- and descriptions of the features added to this release. Particularly the CBA eventhandlers are powerful, but should be familiar to many of you. 

Thank you for playing
nkenny
 

 

--- 
STEAM Workshop

---
GitHub

---

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nkenny said:

Thanks @CameronMcDonald. I'm a old fashioned forum-head myself, but have been a little scarce around these boards lately. 

LAMBS Danger.fsm

New release: Current version 2.0.1 *HOTFIX*

 

Change notes

 

Great news, outstanding work, much needed changes, much appreciated improvements!

 

Also, we had been missing you alot!

 

Quick question:

 

Is the option to disable LAMBS Danger.fsm on player controlled A.I. units a thing now?

 

If so then it is worth noting that on the change log! I've been waiting on that feature to turn LAMBS On all the time! (So that my own units respond to my commands instead of just doing their LAMBS stuff).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Added keyboard for player led groups

 

May I ask what does this means?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LSValmont

Hehe, poorly worded on my end. 

 

It is exactly what you described. It is now possible to toggle LAMBS Danger.fsm on player led groups by both a  CBA setting or button-toggle. 

 

The change isn't immediate when hot toggled. In essence, it depends on which FSM state the AI is in when toggled. 🙂

 

-k

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nkenny said:

@LSValmont

Hehe, poorly worded on my end. 

 

It is exactly what you described. It is now possible to toggle LAMBS Danger.fsm on player led groups by both a  CBA setting or button-toggle. 

 

The change isn't immediate when hot toggled. In essence, it depends on which FSM state the AI is in when toggled. 🙂

 

-k

 

Thank you for clearing that up.

 

Perhaps a better wording could be:

 

- Added CBA/Keybind Option to enable/disable LAMBS Danger.fsm automatically on AI units when their group is lead by a player.

 

Explanation: For team leader players who feel that LAMBS DANGER is interfering with their ability to control their AI Team Members this option restores those AI member's responsiveness to player commands and waypoints back to default vanilla levels by disabling the LAMBS DANGER just for those AI Units while other AI units outside of this group will still benefit from the improved LAMBS Danger behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I'm after a bit of advice, please. I am wondering if this addon would work on exile multiplayer servers as, I would like it to control the mission and roaming AI.  If so how would I go about adding it to the server, is it just add to the server mod line and away we go?  If it is as easy as that then my next question would be about changing any settings etc.  I do run CBA and read it can be changed via CBA settings but im not sure how to add the settings to the menu or how to access these while in game.  Sorry for the number questions.  Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant to see this back in action. I've been checking in on this thread weekly to see any news. Time to get back in to the game I think. 

 

Fantastic news on the CBA inclusion 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just did a game and the AI kept going to stealth mode after being spooked by BLUFOR helis and hiding making them ignore all zues commands which made for a very annoying time, I did not have this problem before the 2.0 release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CW4 Carrera said:

We just did a game and the AI kept going to stealth mode after being spooked by BLUFOR helis and hiding making them ignore all zues commands which made for a very annoying time, I did not have this problem before the 2.0 release.

Same here, is there a way to turn this off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, linemaker said:

Same here, is there a way to turn this off?

 

Perhaps future versions could add a temporary LAMBS.fsm disable for units under Zeus control and until they fulfill their Zeus waypoint command. That could alleviate the issue perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a little thought.

Making AI throw and then maybe a 50/50 chance of them to run away from the grenade or going prone. I find it a little sad that the AI can end up in a stand off where opfor is on lets say a hill top but blufor is on the side of said hill but sadly they just stand up gets blasted and repeat when a little grenade throw could make or brake this stand off and similar situations like this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there ever going to be a way to disable units retreating/stealthing when faced with helos/tanks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, linemaker said:

Is there ever going to be a way to disable units retreating/stealthing when faced with helos/tanks?

 

You can disable that for your squad mates already, there is a CBA option to do that.

 

Remember that @nkenny went for realism here... and lets face it, if you are a guy in the middle of a field with a rifle and you see an incoming enemy tank or even worst an attack helo the first thing you would do is get down, flee and hide (unless you have an AT/AA weapon on you, in that case the order would be: Fire, get down and flee if the enemy asset wasn't destroyed).

 

I believe the default behavior right now is:

- If the Ai soldier has no way of dealing with the incoming enemy heavy asset then get down and flee towards the nearest building (to get inside) while praying profusely for the enemy not to spot it! =)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironic -many of us (and by many I mean ME!) have been waiting for a more realistic AI that responds to things in a more believable manner -like running for your life when death machines are imminent and you have no counter!

 

Ill never forget the day Arma's illusion broke on me, when Toto pulled backed the curtain and showed there was no AI wizard pulling the strings -was playing an MP CTI type game with like 40 blokes, we finally blitzkrieged the main town and true to the narrative in my head -i was expecting heavy enemy AT infantry to battle - but to the contrary there was like 50 enemy AI all prone around the flag pointing there impotent rifles at our tanks and i self-raged quit. All that planning to invade just felt silly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LSValmont said:

 

You can disable that for your squad mates already, there is a CBA option to do that.

 

Remember that @nkenny went for realism here... and lets face it, if you are a guy in the middle of a field with a rifle and you see an incoming enemy tank or even worst an attack helo the first thing you would do is get down, flee and hide (unless you have an AT/AA weapon on you, in that case the order would be: Fire, get down and flee if the enemy asset wasn't destroyed).

 

I believe the default behavior right now is:

- If the Ai soldier has no way of dealing with the incoming enemy heavy asset then get down and flee towards the nearest building (to get inside) while praying profusely for the enemy not to spot it! =)

This feature becomes an issue when they don't respond to Zeus commands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with custom editing and personal use only i managed to get ASR AI+ Bcombat 0.20 to work together now im trying to get LAMBS AI to work with my AI pack the problem is LAMBS AI seems to adore retreating and hiding in open fields unlike bcombat which acts better IMO so im waiting for new version of LAMBS AI thats solves this issue i may ask these awesome modders for permission to release those AI mods as a 1 pack ( i hope ) for the community! 

 

the reason i want to include LAMBS AI is

1- better mechanized-motorized units reaction/behavior

2- better tanks behavior

3- better building interaction by infantry AI

4- snipers will always hide them selves and try to find higher positions 

5- squads with GPMG provides better fire support for in contact units

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after what is only considered the arma 3 addon development version of DIWHY I completely broke all CBA functionality while trying to remove fleeing, had to dick around with the 4 different configs and after youtube tutorial after tutorial I have made my own, butchered, sacrilegious version of LAMBS, that I won't and can't release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, linemaker said:

This feature becomes an issue when they don't respond to Zeus commands.

I guess the bots fear the tanks more than they fear zeus.

 

Just lightning strike them a few times! 😄😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cpt.ghost said:

with custom editing and personal use only i managed to get ASR AI+ Bcombat 0.20 to work together now im trying to get LAMBS AI to work with my AI pack the problem is LAMBS AI seems to adore retreating and hiding in open fields unlike bcombat which acts better IMO so im waiting for new version of LAMBS AI thats solves this issue i may ask these awesome modders for permission to release those AI mods as a 1 pack ( i hope ) for the community! 

 

the reason i want to include LAMBS AI is

1- better mechanized-motorized units reaction/behavior

2- better tanks behavior

3- better building interaction by infantry AI

4- snipers will always hide them selves and try to find higher positions 

5- squads with GPMG provides better fire support for in contact units

 

Would you share your edited versions of bcombat and asr.   Am always interested in better ai behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nice that the AI know to hide from vehicles, but it would be better if they didn't override the orders of the squad leader/Zeus. I once ordered my 2IC with the SMAW to target a BMP-2 and he flat out ignored my orders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jandrews said:

 

Would you share your edited versions of bcombat and asr.   Am always interested in better ai behavior.

when i get it to 100% finished i will ask for permission from the modders when i get permission i will share

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cpt.ghost said:

when i get it to 100% finished i will ask for permission from the modders when i get permission i will share

 

Ok.  I didn't realize you need permissions.  I thought it was just editing some user config files.  I looked for bcombat 2.0 but only see 1.8. Is there another version available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×