nkenny

LAMBS Improved Danger.fsm

26 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

Right! This happens too often. In addition, the AI will not always move with this kind of animation. A roll-animation without moving to the side looks unnatural

In my opinion. As it was during the FOA days. Dodging animation's should be a rarity. BUT Not everyone is of the same opinion. This is why I suggested maybe adding a random percentage option in the addon options. 🙂 So if the player loves it. Should be anywhere between 75% to 100%, or someone like me it should be 10% to 25% of the likelihood a unit will use a dodge animation. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, mikey74 said:

In my opinion. As it was during the FOA days. Dodging animation's should be a rarity. BUT Not everyone is of the same opinion. This is why I suggested maybe adding a random percentage option in the addon options. 🙂 So if the player loves it. Should be anywhere between 75% to 100%, or someone like me it should be 10% to 25% of the likelihood a unit will use a dodge animation. 

Or also adding a Stamina drain to it kinda like an adrenaline move so if you keep repeating it your tired and also Aiming should be temporarily reduced

• Like 5

I noticed one important detail!

When I used LAMBS_Danger.fsm v2.5.2 RC (previous version before 2.5.2), I saw the AI automatically turn on its laser designators.

The AI turned them on and off at its own discretion and it looked great! Has anyone other than me seen this yet?

But now when I use LAMBS_Danger.fsm v2.5.2 I can't see it anymore. It makes me very sad...

My question to the creators of LAMBS - did you include this feature only in RC version?

Or is the reason I am talking about is in other mods that I use? I would like you to revert this feature if you turned it off.

In general, I would like to understand where the reason is, is it LAMBS or another my updated mod

PS: Ideally, I would dream of seeing the AI use laser pointers on its own and so that it affects the battle! After all, if soldiers carry these devices with them they must use them, at least sometimes.

For example, if the AI uses its laser pointers and the range to the self target is < X meters (can be within 50 m or any other value), then the AI's fire precision, can have greater multiplier, but at the same time, such a fighter would be more noticeable to AI-opponents.

Detecting a fighter with activated laser pointers, already exists in Arma3 mods, for example it worked well in LOGIC FSM mod.

It would be great to see this expanded feature in LAMBS Danger also.

Sorry but noob question here. Does this mod need to be installed on the server and the mission maker or everyone have to install this? 

On 10/13/2021 at 11:40 AM, dauhaanh said:

Sorry but noob question here. Does this mod need to be installed on the server and the mission maker or everyone have to install this? 

Since it's an AI mod it will work on server only if you play mission where clients don't control their own AI group. We run it on server + clients just to avoid such potential issue.

Since it's been quite some time since I had my server up running I'm curios on what settings you guys run with for skillAI and prescisionAI in your *.Arma3Profile with LAMBS to have good but not to good AI 😃

Any recommendations?

class CustomAILevel
    {
        skillAI=0.90000004;
        precisionAI=0.31999999;
    };

• Thanks 1

Before, I discussed the required settings for AI if using LAMBS.

It looks like I can't wait for a response from the LAMBS team, but I want to share my observations with every LAMBS user. 

It can be useful...

As far as I know, the GAME / DIFFICULTY/ AI LEVEL setting will affect the detection capabilities of the AI. At least I have already been convinced of this more than once, varying these values.

I think I found the optimal settings, at which the visual detection of the AI enemy looks not as super-human ability and at the same time I feel that the AI is a enought hardcore opponents!

Before the AI detection update, in 2.5.2 I always had more values, always within 0.8-1.0, but as it turned out, these values look inadequate with LAMBS version 2.5.2 , because LAMBS increased ai-visual detection in this version.

Then I slowly began to lower these values, from 1.0 to lower values.

I started using the AI level value as 0.6 As a result, I have to always slo-o-owly crawl without lifting my ass if the AI is looking in my direction and at the same time, you have a chance to hide from the visual detection of AI-opponents (if be very careful) at different distances. When I say "Different distance" I mean it is within 100-75-50, maybe even less meters.

Seems to me, the value 0.6 of AI level, will still allow the player to create stealth missions and at the same time get non-blind and dangerous AI opponents.

Durring stealth mission the feeling of danger makes me very happy. Many thanks to the LAMBS team!

This way my game looks good with the settings (+ - small differences):

AI LEVEL: 0.6

AI PRECISION: 0.35

Everyone can try these values and get strong and not blind opponents.

Edited by mickeymen
Added some clarifications
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for sharing your settings mickeymen. Will try it out next co-op night.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 5:46 PM, mickeymen said:

Before, I discussed the required settings for AI if using LAMBS.

It looks like I can't wait for a response from the LAMBS team, but I want to share my observations with every LAMBS user. 

It can be useful...

As far as I know, the GAME / DIFFICULTY/ AI LEVEL setting will affect the detection capabilities of the AI. At least I have already been convinced of this more than once, varying these values.

I think I found the optimal settings, at which the visual detection of the AI enemy looks not as super-human ability and at the same time I feel that the AI is a enought hardcore opponents!

Before the AI detection update, in 2.5.2 I always had more values, always within 0.8-1.0, but as it turned out, these values look inadequate with LAMBS version 2.5.2 , because LAMBS increased ai-visual detection in this version.

Then I slowly began to lower these values, from 1.0 to lower values.

I started using the AI level value as 0.6 As a result, I have to always slo-o-owly crawl without lifting my ass if the AI is looking in my direction and at the same time, you have a chance to hide from the visual detection of AI-opponents (if be very careful) at different distances. When I say "Different distance" I mean it is within 100-75-50, maybe even less meters.

Seems to me, the value 0.6 of AI level, will still allow the player to create stealth missions and at the same time get non-blind and dangerous AI opponents.

Durring stealth mission the feeling of danger makes me very happy. Many thanks to the LAMBS team!

This way my game looks good with the settings (+ - small differences):

AI LEVEL: 0.6

AI PRECISION: 0.35

Everyone can try these values and get strong and not blind opponents.

I have created this account just because I had the exact same problem.. In a game with a friend (we are playing antistasi with lambs) from behind the trees, at night while raining, from a long distance, AI was able to spot us..
Just tried cf_bai spot module (there are many modules.. You can disable all them and keep only AI Spot module) and now it is awesome.. We can keep AI skill still at high levels (and make them look like humans lol)

I am using this version of cf_bai https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/217326-cf_bai-dynamic-ai-skill-adjustment-for-better-balancing/?do=findComment&amp;comment=3445727

• Like 1

Just a dummy question : is there a way to completly desactivate LAMB by mission settings ? In our community, we have a huge ammount of missions, most of them are heavily scripted and running LAMBS on them might produce unexpected results. But if we could activate LAMBS mission by mission, we would be able to build our new missions with LAMBS.

Thanks a lot for your future answers 😁

@tanin69

Yes you can! You can disable FSM execution. Either by setting behaviour to CARELESS, OR disabling fsm execution.

You can do this the BIS way:  this disableAI "FSM"

OR by setting the special lambs variable:

this setVariable ["lambs_danger_disableAI", true, true];

LAMBS Danger.fsm

Current version 2.5.3

Requires
CBA_A3

-- Changelog --

Spoiler

Added smoke grenade usage as a setting by @Couls #284
Added Czech translations by @YetheSamartaka #286

Improved Suppression utilisation #295

Fixed Combat mode units failing to leave combat mode #294
Fixed Units entering danger-mode due to friendly fire #294
Fixed Task hunt module flare issue #289
Fixed Units failing to forget their previous attack target #293

-- Changelog end --

Wololo! This hotfix improves a few core features:

Lowered AI paranoia, allowing them to return to Aware state. Improved danger evaluation, AI will no longer enter combat mode due to friendlies firing their guns. Smarter suppression utilisation, both individual and tactical, has been improved to make suppression function more efficiently in combat. Reintroduced the setting for disabling smoke grenades usage.

Special thanks to Couls and YetheSamartaka for code and feature additions.

STEAM Workshop

---
GitHub

---

Discord

From the team

diwako / joko / nkenny

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for your answer @nkenny

But my explanation is not clear enough. Is it possible to desactivate LAMBS at the mission level, not at the group or unit level. In other terms, activate or desactivate LAMBS globally for an existing mission (with the mod active in the modset) ? LAMBS seems very very promising, but we can not take the chance to break our 200 + existing missions, with many of them heavily scripted on IA behavior.

Good day everyone!

Good day @nkenny @diwako @joko!

I am continuing to observe the AI-detection ability, that was changed (increased) in LAMBS DANGER 2.5.2 and I want to share some details and some thoughts.

I think, no one would argue that ACE3's night vision system looks enough realistic. And I sure, today this is the best, that the Arma3 community has and I do not mean the overlay of masks, zooming, which looks even strange in some NVGs.

I mean the NOISE/VISIBILITY/LIGHT LEVEL  ratio!

Thus, with small light sources of scene, the ACE3 night vision device may even be useless. It will always react to the level of ambient light.

Add  here mod @BettIR it will be looks even more realistic. It will look amazing, but far from any light sources, the player will see

the following picture:

36746141_s.jpg

Will you see anything further than a few meters? Of course not.

But, after LAMBS update 2.5.2 in the this map position, the LAMBS AI equipped with NVG will still see the player, even at a distance > 100 meters! 

I've tested this dozens of times ( with 0.5, 0.6, 0.7 AI-difficulty). AI will still see you in such pitch darkness!

Unfortunately this is where the imbalance comes in - The player's vision range using NVG will not match the AI's range with NVG!  AI will always surpass humans in detection range!

For several weeks I have been trying to adapt LAMBS to ACE3 night vision , but it seems that this is not possible.

For what reason?

Because I already found my AI LEVEL. I don't want to lower the AI LEVEL value to lower (today I use 0.65) only for reason of the NVG-detection ability at night, as this works fine for my AI-detection during the day.

If I decreases this, then he will lose the day setting.

I also don't want to delete lambs_range.pbo file and return vanilla level for AI detection, as updated LAMBS detection looks much realistic, dangerous and adequate for me, but only during daytime.

Here simple conclusion:

I am asking to add useful LAMBS option - add separate setting for LAMBS AI NVG detection range, this should only apply to AI with night vision devices.

It would be useful not only for me, but also for many ACE3 users!

This feature would allow players to adapt the LAMBS AI vision range to ACE3 night vision visual settings and will give an opportunity create stealth missions where the player's vision range at night would be equivalent to the AI's range of vision.

Something like this setting - "AI NVG vision multiplier - 0.75" , where 1.0 is the range of normal daytime visibility. 

I would like to read the opinion of the LAMBS developers on this issue.

What do you think?

Good idea or not? 

Possible or not ?

Either way, there is a big mismatch between the player NVG vision range / LAMBS AI vision range with NVG if player use ACE3 night vision system. You can check it yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello,
the file addons\wp\modules.hpp is containing two times the defaultValue for the same class, line 604 and 609. Which one is the good one ?

Thx !

On 12/4/2021 at 9:59 AM, 1212PDMCDMPPM said:

Hello,
the file addons\wp\modules.hpp is containing two times the defaultValue for the same class, line 604 and 609. Which one is the good one ?

Thx !

Effectively they are the same. both use the macro TASK_RUSH_CYCLETIME  which translates to the value of 15

• Thanks 2

For your information @nkenny, it seems to have an incompatibility between Leopard20's Advanced Developper Tool and the LAMBS danger mod (no we don't want to choose between this two wonderful mods !!). Steps to reproduce :

ARma luanched with : CBA 3.15.6, lambs 2.5.3 and ADT : MIssion with one soldier in VR map, at mission start ( also reported in Advanced Developper Tool forum thread) :

23:30:16   Error in expression <QGVAR(debug_drawRectCacheGame)>
23:30:16   Error position: <(debug_drawRectCacheGame)>
23:30:16   Error Missing ;

@tanin69

Run game with start param "-debug"

Repro issue

Post RPT

The error seen above is from lambs danger main module, from the postinit even. Which is weird as the macro did not get resolved. That should not happen, at all.

Edit:

Tried to repro issue with given instructions. No errors popped up. Works as intended so far?

13 hours ago, diwako said:

@tanin69

Run game with start param "-debug"

Repro issue

Post RPT

The error seen above is from lambs danger main module, from the postinit even. Which is weird as the macro did not get resolved. That should not happen, at all.

Edit:

Tried to repro issue with given instructions. No errors popped up. Works as intended so far?

Hi and thank you for your quick answer. Same answer from Leopard20. Will check again this evening.

Another question. I'm on the way to find the best solution to completly desactivate the mod (seems some sort of oxymoron, because it's the only way to introduce it in our community :-D).

The "brute force way" would be to set _unit setVariable ["lambs_danger_disableAI", true, true]; as nKenny previously suggested on every AI, included spwaned ones. Not a big problem, but would there be some side effect as :
- Some mod functions still
active ? In other words, does the mod affect only AI/man units and disabling on AI will really desactivate the entire mod ?
- Would we expect a performance impact (EH launched, units loop to check FSM activation, etc ?) ?

I didn't dig deeply enough in the code to answer by myself.

7 hours ago, tanin69 said:

Hi and thank you for your quick answer. Same answer from Leopard20. Will check again this evening.

Sorry, @diwako, I'm a such a fool tired idiot

omg, forget everything, there was a spy Expression in the dbg console 😄🤪😳

On 12/22/2021 at 12:04 AM, interectic said:

does this increase the ai engagement distance

The AI can see further, and can engage further if they are threatened / alerted / Go into Combat mode.

l00k!

On 12/22/2021 at 12:04 AM, interectic said:

ability to engage at night without nods?

I'm not sure... I don't tend to make night missions.
I imagine they can see and engage the enemy at night but, I have not tested it.
Please. Let me know what you find out down the line.

Obviously this mod brings many players who want more realistic ai. And from what I've seen it definitely improves arma ai.

My question is does lambs alone do it?

If not what other ai mods do you include with lambs? What are your configuration settings?

Does anyone adjust ai skill and aim separate? If so how?

I see TCL, asr, cf Bai, vcom...

Surely, there has to be some combinations that satisfy most, right?

Suggestions?