nkenny

LAMBS Improved Danger.fsm

4 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

but that is not the real idea. It should still do such stuff but after a point where zeus guy decides to release the forced control on them.

in my recent testing Zeus seems very unreliable when giving wp's especially to vehicles.I may be vanilla issue

Updated LAMBS RPG
Added LAMBS RPG RHS
Added LAMBS RPG CUP
Mods available on Steam workshop

LAMBS RPG
LAMBS RPG RHS

LAMBS RPG CUP

LAMBS RPG series mods add simple config tweaks to shoulder fired rockets, particularly the RPG7, and it makes the AI shoot rockets at infantry and other soft targets. On my youtube channel are a few examples of the mod in action. While standalone, it works great with LAMBS Danger.fsm.  Enjoy! 

Ken

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Thanks man, this is greatly needed!  Will it work with Prairie Fire RPGs and LAW rockets I wonder?   I'll give it a try.

Thanks nkenny for all your important contributions to the community.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Thanks man, this is greatly needed!  Will it work with Prairie Fire RPGs and LAW rockets I wonder?   I'll give it a try.

Thanks nkenny for all your important contributions to the community.

no it wont. those changes are config changes and if SOG does not inherit from those Exact Vanilla Classes or overwrite those values them self it wont work for those RPG/Launchers

Added Range PBO (allowing units to spot and engage targets at longer ranges) (#246)

How it is work? Any example numbers - meters? 

On 6/19/2021 at 8:05 PM, nkenny said:

LAMBS RPG series mods add simple config tweaks to shoulder fired rockets, particularly the RPG7, and it makes the AI shoot rockets at infantry and other soft targets. On my youtube channel are a few examples of the mod in action. While standalone, it works great with LAMBS Danger.fsm.  Enjoy

@nkenny Thanks for your work!
Please try also Force the AI to use the Titan Launcher anti-personnel missile against infantry!
I still don't understand why, not a single mod could do it. Or I was just not lucky enough to see it in any mod. I dont know

It would be a great addition to the LAMBS RPG!

3 hours ago, sammael said:

Added Range PBO (allowing units to spot and engage targets at longer ranges) (#246)

How it is work? Any example numbers - meters? 

It works via a Tweaked config parameter. Vanilla Units on Default is set to 1.75. if I remember correctly that value was one of the values that I think got changed around the Apex DLC time to that value on the Base Class for Man, before Apex from what we could that value was set to 3. And as the Change you are Referencing is from the Current Devbranch we are experimenting a bit around with that value and set it to 6.
The Value is, from what the Wiki and also our testing shows, logarithmic. So that means that 1.75 is about 130m, 3 is about 250m and 6 is about 300m

Those values were Tested on Perfekt View Conditions(AKA VR and in Full Daylight), so all Vanilla Influences count into it, so Night time, Smoke and just bad Weather reduces the distance AI can Detect someone.

Some Mods Overwrite those values so it may not change on all Units but only Vanilla Units or Units that Inherit that value from the Vanilla Class Man

• Like 2

nkenny - My community tried the danger FSM and RPG mod for the first time last night. It was amazing.  Fantastic work! The AI were really responsive, aggressive and more realistic. Seeing RPG's being fired at us as infantry was great too.

Though we can tweak server settings through the CBA interface, is there a way we can add specific settings to missions?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mr.ben said:

nkenny - My community tried the danger FSM and RPG mod for the first time last night. It was amazing.  Fantastic work! The AI were really responsive, aggressive and more realistic. Seeing RPG's being fired at us as infantry was great too.

Though we can tweak server settings through the CBA interface, is there a way we can add specific settings to missions?

It is possible, it is detailed here:
https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/CBA-Settings-System

TL;DR

add a file called cba_settings.sqf into the root of your mission and add the exported cba settings you want to force there.

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2021 at 3:05 AM, nkenny said:

Updated LAMBS RPG
Added LAMBS RPG RHS
Added LAMBS RPG CUP
Mods available on Steam workshop

LAMBS RPG
LAMBS RPG RHS

LAMBS RPG CUP

LAMBS RPG series mods add simple config tweaks to shoulder fired rockets, particularly the RPG7, and it makes the AI shoot rockets at infantry and other soft targets. On my youtube channel are a few examples of the mod in action. While standalone, it works great with LAMBS Danger.fsm.  Enjoy! 

Ken

Just did a flyby test with a RHS UH-60M and RHS RPG-7s... DAMN~!

I really have to thank @nkenny and team for all the hard work on LAMBS!  it's really changed my ARMA experience for the best!

I had a quick question after some dozens of hours of gameplay using LAMBS as my only AI 'influencing' modification and searching the forum posts/github.  That is...

Is there anyway to influence even further the AI's willingness to garrison a building naturally over a course of a battle without 'zeusing' and using the garrison module directly on a unit.  I've tried tweaking things like 'CQB range' and 'Panic' to the extremes without much luck.  Ideally, I am searching for a way to force the AIs to garrison a location during battle or even when idle and make a garrison location a strongpoint on the map.  Often in a fight during my experimentation and gameplay I have only seen 1 or 2 units actively pop in and out of a garrison location.  Is there anyway to tweak this in my config and make the Lambs AI actively put a squad into something like a two story building and try to hold it as a strongpoint for a longer period?  

• Like 1

nkenny must be on holiday at the moment, as the GitHub hasn't been updated in a while.  Let's just be patient for extra features.

We are fairly close for a new release, we are have like 5 open PRs left and are blocked from the summer lull as well.

• Like 8

Looks like nkenny forgot to post here. so here some update

LAMBS_Danger.fsm v2.5.2 RC

Hey, we are having an RC for the new update ready, would be nice if people would take a look 😉

(changelog too huge and spit up in multiple things, so highlights only)

- SQFC support
- Vast amount of fixes
- Vehicles will switch to HE ammo when engaging soft targets rather than using AP
- Suppression check greatly improved
- AI spotting distance increased (100-200 meters in perfect weather condition)
- Several performance improvements outside of SQFC

Download:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2434257231
https://github.com/nk3nny/LambsDanger/releases/tag/2.5.2_RC

For those curious about the full change log, take a look at the 2.5.2 Dev 1 and Dev 2 draft released in github or in the linked workshop item

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I've seen an AI soldier run constantly into the wall of a house in this RC ..... danger.fsm related?

3 hours ago, kremator said:

I've seen an AI soldier run constantly into the wall of a house in this RC ..... danger.fsm related?

Could be an issue with dodging inside of buildings, unsure atm.

Hmmm not sure ... he was outside (spotted using Zeus BTW) during a battle - he could have been the last of his squad (not sure) - and just kept running into a wall of a building.

On 8/29/2021 at 5:08 PM, kremator said:

Had this issue with and without lambs...looks like they are running in place?

Not quite ... it looked like they REALLY wanted to get through the wall 😉

On 8/27/2021 at 4:22 PM, diwako said:

Hey, we are having an RC for the new update ready, would be nice if people would take a look

Hi!

In some missions (not everywhere) I have an error messages

35948057.jpg

http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1632227731/8a2bde3d/35948428.jpg

that does not disappear and will persist until I restart the mission

6 hours ago, diwako said:

Hey are you using RC1 or RC2?

I use LAMBS_Danger.fsm v2.5.2 RC

Before I used 2.5.1 RC, I disabled it temporarily. The folder with version 2.5.1 is still located in the Arma3 directory. 

When I used 2.5.1 There were no error messages. As soon as 2.5.2 is connected, then I get those error messages...

1 minute ago, mickeymen said:

I use LAMBS_Danger.fsm v2.5.2 RC

Before I used 2.5.1 RC, I disabled it temporarily. The folder with version 2.5.1 is still located in the Arma3 directory. 

When I used 2.5.1 There were no error messages. As soon as 2.5.2 is connected, then I get those error messages...

Make sure to update to the RC2, it addresses this issue