nkenny

LAMBS Improved Danger.fsm

On 3/3/2021 at 7:01 PM, nkenny said:

KxPvuUH.png

Milestone reached!

Today we celebrate 100 000 subscribers on Steam Workshop. Wow! I’m both shocked and thrilled.

We’d like to extend our thanks to our subscribers and the many communities that play with our little mod. To the people on our discord that bring suggestions, comments and questions, often highlighting areas where we should communicate better or features that need improvements. To our GitHub contributors that have added features, translations, fixes and functionality. Your wonderful feedback that has helped improve the AI immeasurably. We take great pride and joy in the creating and enhancing your Arma3 experience.

You should all know that every time you are lying in a ditch hearing enemy bullets cut through the air around you. Every time an armoured vehicle opens up and reduces a building to rubble. Every time the enemy breaches a room and clears a building (with you in it!). Every time you are frantically giving first aid to your friends, while the enemy is inexorably manoeuvring on your position. In short, any time the chaos of battle descends. The team and I are cackling with evil glee.

Thanks for playing
Diwako, Jokoho, and nkenny

Diwako, Jokoho, and nkenny, our saviours, Gods among men!

Thank you for hours of premium entertainment (It was not premium until Lambs was installed!)

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2020 at 3:03 PM, nkenny said:

Progress is going well. 2.5 is very much in a playable state. It is based on an entirely new FSM and newfangled tactics engine. Provided we're happy with the performance, I hope to see a release before Christmas. 

we waited for your release, before Christmas, but it didn't happen :(
How are things with the new version?
Seems to me, if you explain your subscribers, you would please us.

small note for all..

I recently I once again experimented with the AI of Arma3+LAMBS danger, to attempt of create a stealth mission. As always, no adequate result.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice any significant difference in the AI's reaction to a shot fired:

> without a sound supressor (regular cartridge)
> with a sound supressor (regular cartridge)
> without a sound supressor (subsonic cartridge mod NiArms)
> with a sound supressor (subsonic cartridge mod NiArms)

In all these cases, AI will hear these shots at the same distances and switch to alert and will quickly  find the source of the shot.

Thus, in Arma3, it is still not possible to create an adequate stealth mission in which sound supressors and subsonic cartridges can be really useful.

I would dream of doing stealth missions in the A3, using subsonic cartridges and sound supressors, so that the AI does not detect some of the source of shots at a certain distances/conditions.

i.e. get the any difference between muffled shot and a regular shot in AI reaction.

@nkenny If you have such an opportunity, then please consider this task for LAMBS danger. 

I am sure that this is possible, since I have seen the some difference in the AI-reactions, when I using the AI mod LOGIC FSM 

23 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

we waited for your release, before Christmas, but it didn't happen 😞
How are things with the new version?
Seems to me, if you explain your subscribers, you would please us.

small note for all..

I recently I once again experimented with the AI of Arma3+LAMBS danger, to attempt of create a stealth mission. As always, no adequate result.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice any significant difference in the AI's reaction to a shot fired:

> without a sound supressor (regular cartridge)
> with a sound supressor (regular cartridge)
> without a sound supressor (subsonic cartridge mod NiArms)
> with a sound supressor (subsonic cartridge mod NiArms)

In all these cases, AI will hear these shots at the same distances and switch to alert and will quickly  find the source of the shot.

Thus, in Arma3, it is still not possible to create an adequate stealth mission in which sound supressors and subsonic cartridges can be really useful.

I would dream of doing stealth missions in the A3, using subsonic cartridges and sound supressors, so that the AI does not detect some of the source of shots at a certain distances/conditions.

i.e. get the any difference between muffled shot and a regular shot in AI reaction.

@nkenny If you have such an opportunity, then please consider this task for LAMBS danger. 

I am sure that this is possible, since I have seen the some difference in the AI-reactions, when I using the AI mod LOGIC FSM 

There might be an RC for the new version soon. This will then go for 2 weeks to find issues with that version itself before we actually release it. The reason why it took so long for anything happening is simply real life just happens plus we restructured ALOT in the backend of the fsm and the addon.

So the next release is more of a restructure and getting rid of technical debt than full on new feature release.

To answer some of your findings with suppressors and such. We do not modify detection of AI in any way, other than the "radio" and call out feature. Not sure how a "task" can help here. You'd need to lobotomize the AI for this to work properly, suppressors are usually only used for hearing protection and the gun shot itself is still audible through several hundred meters. Tweaking the AI for stealth does not really work for us as we want a general AI improvement when they react to danger.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, diwako said:

There might be an RC for the new version soon. This will then go for 2 weeks to find issues with that version itself before we actually release it. The reason why it took so long for anything happening is simply real life just happens plus we restructured ALOT in the backend of the fsm and the addon.

So the next release is more of a restructure and getting rid of technical debt than full on new feature release

This is good news. Thanks

4 hours ago, diwako said:

suppressors are usually only used for hearing protection and the gun shot itself is still audible through several hundred meters

How many hundred meters did you mean?  You did not specify...

If you can still hear shot at 200 meters, then at 300 it will be quieter. But what will happen at 400 meters?,  if > = 500 meters?

You yourself know, that exists a distance at which a shot with a sound suppressor will cease to be heard, while a shot without a sound suppressor will still be heard - This is an axiom.

There will always be a difference between long range, silenced and non-silenced shots. I agree, such a difference is not as significant as in Hollywood films, but it is not right to ignore it difference.

I am sure that at distances > 400/500 meters, a shot with a supressor will be much more difficult to detect than a shot without a supressor. 

In addition, I asked to take into account the subsonic ammo, which was created deliberately so that it would be difficult for the target to find the shooter's position. This will change things fundamentally!

If you imagine a battle, then the shots of allies from your squad will always drown out the enemy's shots. But if the enemy has suppressors and a subsonic ammo, then no one will ever hear such shots even at 100m distance, the noise of the battle just won't let you do it.

I think, the sound supressor + subsonic bullet must have its own not a small impact for the AI-detection - There is no need to argue with this.

But, If you as a creators LAMBS  just don't want to do this, then I shake your hands and wish you the best of luck with the details you want to do!

Cheers!

45 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

This is good news. Thanks

How many hundred meters did you mean?  You did not specify...

If you can still hear shot at 200 meters, then at 300 it will be quieter. But what will happen at 400 meters?,  if > = 500 meters?

You yourself know, that exists a distance at which a shot with a sound suppressor will cease to be heard, while a shot without a sound suppressor will still be heard - This is an axiom.

There will always be a difference between long range, silenced and non-silenced shots. I agree, such a difference is not as significant as in Hollywood films, but it is not right to ignore it difference.

I am sure that at distances > 400/500 meters, a shot with a supressor will be much more difficult to detect than a shot without a supressor. 

In addition, I asked to take into account the subsonic ammo, which was created deliberately so that it would be difficult for the target to find the shooter's position. This will change things fundamentally!

If you imagine a battle, then the shots of allies from your squad will always drown out the enemy's shots. But if the enemy has suppressors and a subsonic ammo, then no one will ever hear such shots even at 100m distance, the noise of the battle just won't let you do it.

I think, the sound supressor + subsonic bullet must have its own not a small impact for the AI-detection - There is no need to argue with this.

But, If you as a creators LAMBS  just don't want to do this, then I shake your hands and wish you the best of luck with the details you want to do!

Cheers!

From my experience with consumer level suppressors and .308 rounds, You can still hear them from 450 meters away, but the sound itself is more of whip crack sound than a small explosion or your regular gunshot sound. Yet, changing how well AI can hear and see is just not in the scope of this mod. It is something you should do on mission level. You can use "setSkill" for spotting distance and such. "setUnitTrait" on player with "audibleCoef" and also "camouflageCoef" lowered.

About suppressors and stealth discussion : (sorry for my bad english)

After many experiment in Arma, supressors are more or less effective if there other unit without suppressor, the AI will have more focus on unit who firing without suppressor... So if you are playing a 100% stealth mission (every teamate equiped with suppressors) the suppressors is useless if you play with AI mods that call reinforcement on enemy spotted. Cause whatever you do if you kill an AI you will be spotted.

The only way to make a nice stealth environement its too work in editor without any AI mods, like attach spotted timout trigger on a leader patrol unit or guard (60 sec timout/300m radius for exemple) then sync other AI waypoint or exec a script that will spawn an AI reinforcement group.... then delete the detection trigger when the squad leader die. Don't forget too decrease AI skill for all the patroling unit at 0.1.

Like this you can create your own condition, in this exemple the condition are :

-I can't be spotted if i kill any guard at more than 300m distance.

-I can't be spotted if i kill any guardleader under 300M distance in less than 60 sec.

-I will be spotted if im not able to kill the leader patrol team in less than 60 sec under 300m.

You can also add a timout to delete the detection trigger (to simulate the teamate who are able to take the squadleader radio and call reinforcement)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, damsous said:

The only way to make a nice stealth environement its too work in editor without any AI mods, like attach spotted timout trigger on a leader patrol unit or guard (60 sec timout/300m radius for exemple) then sync other AI waypoint or exec a script that will spawn an AI reinforcement group.... then delete the detection trigger when the squad leader die. Don't forget too decrease AI skill for all the patroling unit at 0.1.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, but your idea will instantly collapse, if player may simply run out of subsonic ammo. 

Or if the player takes another weapon (without a supressor and subsonic bullets) Such moment, can be in the any mission.  Besides that, I don't play Arma3 without AI mods, it's very boring. 

In your case, the AI will perceive the player as it did before, regardless of the ammunition and silencer on his weapon.
I, in turn, would like to see something different in Arma3, namely the effect of subsonic ammo (the player chooses where and when to use it, and this has a personal effect) together with a sound supressor, so that the AI will noticeably react... 

PS: 

I remember very well "Operation Flaspoint", I played it in 2002, Yes, imagine this! 

It was a long time ago, but I remember very well, the silent weapon of the saboteurs, which has name in this game "HK5" and I remember its effect on AI opponents:

When I was shooting hiding in the bushes at the AI-enemy at a distance of 50-70-100 meters, the AI-enemy did not understand where the shooting was from, the enemy soldiers ran and shouted, looking for me - it looked awesome! 

And this is the 2001 game! It is very strange that the BIS in 2021 did not implement this, at least to some primitive degree. Also, no one mod did special AI reactions at this moments. As I said, I saw only a small difference in the chances of detection, (supressor / no supressor) in mod LOGIC FSM, but later I was forced to abandon this mod, due to other problems.

I would have dreamed of seeing a combination of a subsonic ammo + sound supressor in Arma3, and its effect on AI. That would be great! This would give the player new levels of gameplay depth.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2021 at 7:44 PM, mickeymen said:

[...]

The behaviour you described is very unrealistic (even an mp5 with subsonic ammo will still be fairly audible at 50m).
Also, I think the point that diwako was trying to make is that it's also not within the scope of the mod.

As the name implies, it changes the AIs "Danger.fsm", meaning their combat behaviour.

Bullet/shot detection is a different thing (within ArmA) and has nothing to do with what this mod is operating in.

• Like 2

We're entering feature freeze today. So that is exciting. 

Regarding stealth missions

Metal Gear Solid Arma is not. There is communication being passed between units that are not easily accessible by mod. As I have expounded upon in some of my AI-background videos, the only way to ensure perfect stealth is to score a head shot which instantly kills. But then, your issue is not any AI mod. It usually is ACE3. The reason for that is that ACE3 modifies the vanilla damage system-- in some cases preventing perfect instant-kills. 

As has been mentioned by others, suppressors and hearing settings are beyond the scope of this mod. That said, the existing system does work quite nicely in Arma3-- given perfect headshots. There is both interesting "scream"-events and hearing attenuation that is built into A3.  While I'm sure the system could be refined, and indeed I've seen attempts of it, it probably isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

For a true, solid snake, experience. You would need to lobotomize and rewire the AI.  Not impossible, given what we know now. But certainly heavy lifting!

-k 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2021 at 8:45 PM, laxemann said:

The behaviour you described is very unrealistic (even an mp5 with subsonic ammo will still be fairly audible at 50m).

Note! you yourself came up with this figure and accused me of not being realistic...

What are the other 50 meters? are there no other distances? Maybe I insist that at 50 meters the shot will not be heard? I did not say anything about 50 meters, as about the distance where truth is born.

I just described my impressions of the game, 20 years ago:

On 3/17/2021 at 9:44 PM, mickeymen said:

When I was shooting hiding in the bushes at the AI-enemy at a distance of 50-70-100 meters, the AI-enemy did not understand where the shooting was from, the enemy soldiers ran and shouted, looking for me - it looked awesome! 

I wrote 50-70-100 meters.... I don't remember the exact distance anymore, it was 20 years ago, dude!

Change these numbers in your imagination, but finally get the understanding that exist are some distances, at which a shot with a supressor and a subsonic ammo will differ from a shot without a supressor and without a subsonic ammo. The difference will be audible, poorly accessible to the listener.

I have clearly described my main message here:

On 3/17/2021 at 3:15 PM, mickeymen said:

You yourself know, that exists a distance at which a shot with a sound suppressor will cease to be heard, while a shot without a sound suppressor will still be heard - This is an axiom

In addition, I have already said that in a tight battle, the sounds of shots (allies who are next to you) will prevent you from hearing the sound of a shot from an enemy who has a supressors, again this is axiom!

In such a situation, there is a huge chance that you will not even hear the sound of a shot at 50 meters! I'm 100% sure. For this reason, there are no clear numbers for the distances at which the soldier will or will not hear the sound of an enemy shot. All this will depend on up to a specific situation.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:45 PM, laxemann said:

Also, I think the point that diwako was trying to make is that it's also not within the scope of the mod.

As the name implies, it changes the AIs "Danger.fsm", meaning their combat behaviour.

Bullet/shot detection is a different thing (within ArmA) and has nothing to do with what this mod is operating in.

2 hours ago, nkenny said:

As has been mentioned by others, suppressors and hearing settings are beyond the scope of this mod

@laxemann and @diwako and @nkenny

Dudes I know you for a long time and all,  You do really cool things for Arma, so thank you very much. Big Respect to everyone!

But unfortunatelly I see no logic in your words!  

For what reason this "is not within the scope of this mod", or "has nothing to do with what this mod is operating in" - I just would like to understand?

I don't know yet, because other mods are trying to do what I'm talking about. If what I am talking about is not technically feasible, then just write about it.

But the wording - "has nothing to do with what this mod is operating in", it looks strange and not logical...

Saying so:

2 hours ago, nkenny said:

hearing settings are beyond the scope of this mod.

Seems to me , what you want to split inseparable things -   "Сombat behaviour"  & " Combat detection" - but how is it possible to create combat behavior at all, without creation details of AI detection (hearing settings)? The level of realistic combat behaviour of an AI is inextricably linked to its level of awareness, because the AI must attack those it detects and it doesn't matter whether he detected the target himself or the commander detected this target and handed it over to the subordinate. Yes, detection can be visual or audiable, but we cannot ignore one and leave the other

Simple logic of user of AI mod - If the creators of AI are mod, will are trying to create an adequate reaction of soldiers in a war, then they simply cannot ignore the AI's ability to detect opponents (visual & audiable). it would not be logical.
This applies to everything - enemy shots with or without a silencer, a enemy  shot enemy in bad weather or good weather, a enemy shot at night or during the day, a shot with or without NVG, a shot at > or < X meters, etc

All this is inseparable from the behavior of the AI. I can't even imagine the realistic behavior of the AI without considering all this. 

@nkenny I really like LAMBS danger, thank you so much, but without the afore mentioned detection details, this any AI mod looks incomplete. 

I will always accept your work with gratitude, but if you don`t will doing the details of the auditory AI detection, then just write why it is so...I still can't figure out the reason

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, mickeymen said:

But unfortunatelly I see no logic in your words!  

You can see the logic if you would just read their posts. This is "Improved Danger.fsm", that's the part of AI behavior they are modifying. What you are asking for is behavior that is not defined by Danger.fsm and is handled by OTHER components that this mod cannot touch.

And as nkenny has already said,

5 hours ago, nkenny said:

Not impossible, given what we know now. But certainly heavy lifting!

• Like 1

Just to clear things up in case there are some misunderstandings what "danger.fsm" means. It means the behavior logic the AI will use when they do detect danger or in general a threat.

The actual detection part is not part of the danger.fsm itself and is handled in vanilla Arma, which then executes the danger.fsm as a result. Another result of that threat detection is often (basically always really) that AI will go into combat mode.

This mod's main goal is to provide a custom and "improved" danger.fsm without cutting too deep into the vanilla AI behavior such as waypoints. Hence why we keep saying it is out of scope. We currently do not intend to change how AI do detect threats and what they see as a threat.

The modules and waypoints we added are basically just a bonus on top to give mission makers some more options what they can do with the AI, they are in fact NOT the main focus of this mod.

So in short:

Will we support stealth gameplay: No, as that means we need to change the threat detection, which is out of scope

Will we create a task for stealth gameplay: No, as this is such a mission specific thing and every stealth mission works differently, no way to please everyone

Is it even possible to make a stealth task, yes, been there done that, made a metal gear solid op, but then again, very mission specific.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, diwako said:

Just to clear things up in case there are some misunderstandings what "danger.fsm" means. It means the behavior logic the AI will use when they do detect danger or in general a threat.

The actual detection part is not part of the danger.fsm itself and is handled in vanilla Arma, which then executes the danger.fsm as a result. Another result of that threat detection is often (basically always really) that AI will go into combat mode

Ok. As I understand it, LAMBS just cut the AI logic in two parts - before enemy detection and after.

Everything that was before the detection remained vanilla logic, then that after the detection is a LAMBS.

Probably this is a technical question, I dont know...

Summation:

Still I am very sorry that the details of the AI detection were left out of the LAMBS... I will still try to explain why.

The fact is that the Arma3 player, especially in 2021, really lacks AI modifications related to the detailed AI-detection of the enemy.

These details could allow to their users it possible, to create many stealth missions, which are unfortunately impossible today in Arma3... impossible - this word after 8 years of playing life is killing me.

The simple example, I can provide next repro-test:

1) Download NIArms mod. I think, no one can argue that this is one of the best weapon mods for A3. You may not even be using this mod, Just put opponents against you armed with ASP1-Kir.
2) If you uses NIArms mod, then equip your AI-opponents with suppressors and subsonic ammo.
3) Create in the editor a night fight in the thick forest

In this case, you will understand better everything that I said above - in the Arma 3, it will be much more difficult to detect AI-opponents shooting at you, since opponents' weapons will not have obvious sound cracks, because they are uses suppressors + subsonic ammo. Thus, for player it is more difficult to find an AI-enemy  if this AI shoots at him, while the player with supressor and subsonic ammo shooting at the AI, will be detected exactly the same as with any other shooting.

It is this mismatch between the Player/AI creates an imbalance that I would like to smooth out... Unfortunately, Arma 3 has a lot of great weapon packs with diferent ammo types, that have nothing to do with AI behavior.

The AI reaction will always be the same to any weapon, to any ammunition, with or without a supressor. 

PS: Also, my question for AI detections is not only about the AI's reaction to shots with supressor.

I have already tried to ask @nkenny to create the "OBSERVER" waypoint, because in A3 there is no way without heavy scripting to create a sentry with optics on the observation tower, which will be able to notice the enemy at a big distances, for example within a (500m -1 km) But even that seems impossible, without heavy scripting tricks, which, in fact, will be cheating for the player 

I said all this in order for you all to understand that the issues of AI-detection in the gameplay of A3 are no less important than the attacking AI-behavior

Good luck LAMBS! Hope you will one day expand your boundaries for AI modification behavior

Here is a video which investigates the effects of suppressors (and stealthy behaviour) in ARMA3. While not strictly speaking a video which showcases LAMBS Danger.fsm, it nonetheless demonstrates concepts very relevant to the mod. 

AI behaviour is many layered. Features such as how easy it is for the AI to hear gunshots is greatly affected by how the weapon is configured. As has been stated many times, and for obvious reasons, it is not within the scope of LAMBS Danger.fsm to rewrite the weapon configs of all extant weapon mods.  While NIArms unquestionably introduce high quality weapons to the game, the way they are configured to work in AI hands is not so straightforward. I investigate that very issue in this thread: The effect of weapon on AI Accuracy

More fundamentally there are information sharing features within Arma3 which, to my knowledge cannot be altered through scripting. For instance the speed which groups recognise that one of their member has fallen. Or the speed at which knowledge of an individual AI is transmitted to the entire group. For missions makers looking to create a specific experience, Bohemia has however created a powerful set of commands in setUnitTrait. Playing with these  can greatly affect how easily the AI understands threats; that is the knowsAbout  measure demonstrated in the video.

-k 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In reference to the 1st part of your video. Where you were firing fairly close without a suppressor and the AI was standing around waiting to be hit. I used this in FOA/AISS 

Spoiler

if (FOA_AI_Enhancments isEqualTo 0) exitWith {}; //!((group _unitA) in FOA_Ex_Groups)
private ["_shooter","_S_pos"];
_shooter	= vehicle _this;//(_this select 0);
sleep .001;
if (!alive _shooter) exitWith {};
if ((group _shooter) in FOA_Ex_Groups) exitWith {}; //

_dubSuppressing = _shooter getVariable "lastSuppressing";
if (isnil ("_dubSuppressing")) then {_shooter setVariable ["lastSuppressing",time + (6 + random 10)]}; //change to -1000
	_dubSuppressing = _shooter getVariable "lastSuppressing";

if (_dubSuppressing < time) then //at least 7 seconds from last holler
		{

if (isPlayer _shooter) then {}
			else
			{
					if (count units (group _shooter) > 1) then
					{//holler out
						if (7 > random 100) then {[_shooter,8] call FOA_fnc_FOAVO};
					};

};

_shooter setVariable ["lastSuppressing",time  + (8 + random 16)];
		};

_S_pos = getPosATL _shooter;
//if ((random 1.5) > (skill _Shooter)) then {

Private ["_weapon","_supr"];
	_weapon = weaponsItems _shooter;
	_supr = ((_weapon select 0) select 1);

if (isNil "_supr") then {_supr = "";};
	sleep .05;
	if (_supr isEqualTo "") then {
		private "_shot_distance";
		_shot_distance = if (!isNil "FOA_Shot_dis") then {FOA_Shot_dis} else {1000};
		_men_close_NSUP =  _S_pos nearEntities [["CAManBase","LandVehicle"], _shot_distance];//nearestObjects [_shooter, ["CAManBase","Vehicle"], _shot_distance];
		sleep random .05;
		if (count _men_close_NSUP >= 1 and alive _Shooter) then {
			{

_veh = vehicle _x;
				_veh setVariable ["Shot_Near",[], true];
				_sk = if ((skill _veh) == 0) then {.1} else {(skill _veh)};
				_ds = if ((_veh distance _Shooter) < 100) then {100} else {(_veh distance _Shooter)};
				if (_sk == 0) then {_sk = .1};
				if (_ds == 0) then {_ds = 100};
				if (alive _veh and (group _veh) knowsAbout _Shooter < (_sk / _ds * .001) and !((group _x) in FOA_Ex_Groups)) then {
					(group _veh) reveal [_Shooter, _sk / _ds * .001];
				};
			} forEach _men_close_NSUP;
		};
	} else {
		private "_shot_distance";
		_shot_distance = if (!isNil "FOA_Shot_dis_sup") then {FOA_Shot_dis_sup} else {100};
		_men_close_S = _S_pos nearEntities [["CAManBase","LandVehicle"], _shot_distance];// nearestObjects [_shooter, ["CAManBase","Vehicle"], FOA_Shot_dis_sup];
		sleep random 1;
		if (count _men_close_S >= 1 and alive _Shooter) then {
			{
				_vehs = vehicle _x;
				_vehs setVariable ["Shot_Near",[], true];
				_sk = if ((skill _vehs) == 0) then {.1} else {(skill _vehs)};
				_ds = if ((_vehs distance _Shooter) < 100) then {100} else {(_vehs distance _Shooter)};
				if (_sk == 0) then {_sk = .1};
				if (_ds == 0) then {_ds = 100};
				if (alive _vehs and (group _vehs) knowsAbout _Shooter < (_sk / _ds * .0001) and !((group _x) in FOA_Ex_Groups)) then {
					(group _vehs) reveal [_Shooter, _sk / _ds * .0001];
				};
			} ForEach _men_close_S;
		};
	};

true

I inserted this in the config using CBA_shot Event Handler.  There are a ton of variables in there to which I dont recal why I used them on some of them.

As to the stealth aspect. yeh lol You'd have to use a lot of forget targets. 🙂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nkenny said:

Here is a video which investigates the effects of suppressors (and stealthy behaviour) in ARMA3. While not strictly speaking a video which showcases LAMBS Danger.fsm, it nonetheless demonstrates concepts very relevant to the mod. 

@nkenny 

I tried to figure it out. Unfortunately, my test with LAMBS does not work like in your example video with vanilla AI, probably the current AI waypoint and your mod will affect the situation.

Here's a simple example:

33786687_m.jpg

Note! All AI opponents do not have NVG! And it's a dead night!

I am killing a machinegunner with the current vanilla "SENTRY" waypoint.

We can see - already dead AI-unit (note! I hit him in the head!), in a split second manages to inform allies about the enemy. You can hear him say "Spec Ops"! This means that it was detect the enemy scout, as I placed myself on the map as Recon Scout. After that, the allied enemy AI (located within 100 meters, they have LAMBS waypoint "TASK PATROL" and second small group has vanilla "SENTRY" waypoint) are switches to danger mode and he already knows where the player is -They were moving towards me! This does not look realistic, since in order to report the enemy, two details are needed that the targeted machine gunner did not have, who shared the information:

1) to share, you need to be alive
2) even if you are alive, it takes time to pronounce the message

But what we see in the video doesn't have both

My idea here:
I know that LAMBS danger has Shared Info settings:

33786399_s.jpg

And I suspect, that these LAMBS settings may be affecting the this situation = The soldier faced the enemy and passed this information on to his allies in a split second.

@nkenny, could you check in your mod whether the unit that sent the information is alive or not alive currently ? if he is not alive, then the information should not be transferred to allies.

And also he is alive, could you set a short delay (3-5-7 seconds) before the allies receive information about the enemy? Since the transmission of the any information also takes time.

If these details were met for LAMBS, then it would be great!

Thats more a request for the official Bohemian AI Dev team -wait do they even exist......?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Same experiment repeated. This time using LAMBS Danger.fsm version 2.5 Release Candidate

- Notice that for no communication to be passed, the killing shot must be a headshot-- and it must be a killing shot and the only shot that hit the AI.  

- LAMBS Danger.fsm obviously checks that the communicating unit is alive. It is also both delayed and requires that the unit is not suppressed.

-k 

• Like 5

Hi everyone, 

I'll just slyly drop by with a bit of a sneak peek.  The official release of LAMBS Danger.fsm version 2.5 draws close. But for those of you wanting an early look, we've dropped the current Release Candidate on the Steam workshop.  Changelog at the same location. Our intention is to run the release candidate through its hoops for two weeks, before dropping an official release.  This gives us time to fix any urgent errors that might pop up, and add improvements offered by feedback. 
Thank you everyone for your time 🙂

The team

diwako / joko / nkenny

Steam Workshop

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I have a small mod for AI.Force Ai to avoid prone position (AIAvoidStance = 2;).

Will this mod interfere with the normal operation of  LAMBS mod?

1 minute ago, sammael said:

I have a small mod for AI.Force Ai to avoid prone position (AIAvoidStance = 2;).

Will this mod interfere with the normal operation of  LAMBS mod?

Should not interfere.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nkenny said:

Hi everyone, 

So I'll just slyly drop by with a bit of a sneak peek.  The official release of LAMBS Danger.fsm version 2.5 draws close. But for those of you wanting and early look, we've dropped the current Release Candidate on the Steam workshop.  Changelog at the same location. Our intention is to run the release candidate through its hoops for two weeks, before dropping an official release.  This gives us time to fix any errors that might pop up, and add improvements offered by feedback. 

Thank you everyone for your time 🙂

The team

diwako / joko / nkenny

Steam Workshop

I read the list of changes, I almost lost my mind ... It's just Christmas! Thank you so much!

LAMBS team, please make it possible to work the simple vanilla mechanic - skip LAMBS waypoints, using triggers with the "Skip Waypoint" setting, unfortunately this does not work in 2.4.4

• Like 1