nkenny

LAMBS Improved Danger.fsm

1 hour ago, nkenny said:

@cpt.ghost
Glad you like it. I am guessing you are running an op with a considerable number of armoured elements? The AI will respond with much improved sense of self-preservation. 

1. The only instance which triggers a change in behaviour to STEALTH mode is when the AI is fleeing. Fleeing is a vanilla behaviour which is enhanced by the mod to have the AI view buildings and bushes as valid places to stop. One way to mitigate this behaviour, if you want better control of the AI, is to set allowFleeing to 0.  It is admittedly an imperfect implementation on our end as it can be difficult to get fleeing units to unflee. 

2. While I have seen units disembarking early, from time to time, this is much mitigated with the latest version.  Units becoming stuck is however new. Is this on some custom terrain? What orders/waypoints are the units under? 

3. This I have not seen. I see you are playing with a long list of modded content. Can you verify that this works without the mod loaded? 

4. As per (1). Come to think of it, we should add a setting for the Fleeing too. 

-k 

thanks for response!

1/2 - i actually have fleeing,information share,squad leader maneuvers disabled, as for the mission i made a quick OP to test the AI actions, map is altis/kavala placed 5 motorized NATO units + 6 mechanized nato units too ( 300m away from hospital ) while the enemy is CSAT holding the city center

the other NATO units i placed is 7 fireteams which comes from church side of the kavala i gave them CQB waypoints ( 90% died )

the mechanized units moves towards the hospital - unload - then LAMBS CQB waypoint inside the city center

3- will try on vanilla and report

4- i though that too you could implement some kind of script which ends ( FORCEFULLY ) the hide/stealth mode after checking of a threat within 500-600m away this is better i think 

@cpt.ghost 
I have added it to our to-look-at list.  Quick fix is to write <group> allowFleeing 0; in the relevant units inits.  In fact the function should already have a max distance. But as mentioned, it is difficult -- if not impossible -- to unflee units by script once they've started. 

-k 

• Like 1

@nkenny Hello sir!

Need to first of all say: thank you for spending your free time making this, and then answering all these support questions.

I followed your suggestion on using standalone scripts from your GitHub to enable building searching:

https://github.com/nk3nny/taskRush-Creep-Hunt-for-Arma3

However, after copying, executing the script function with the following syntax has no effect:

null = [someUnit, 500] execVM "fn_taskCQB.sqf";

Where the target group was named "SomeUnit" and placed between buildings. 

I also tried preprocessing the file beforehand. 

I looked at the Github, and see on line 24:

_building = _building select {count (_x getVariable ["LAMBS_CQB_cleared_" + str (side _group),[0,0]]) > 0}; 

-That the script refers to special variables not declared anywhere else in the file. So it seems it isn't an independent script. 

Before I go down a rabbit hole, I want to ask: is it realistic to unpack the mod and run the necessary scripts independently in a mission? Or does it require the mod framework/configs?

Thanks!

-MeM

@Melody_Mike
I'll answer here, but if it still fails to work please redirect to this thread. 🙂
The script works for me on Altis. I have however updated on the gitHub to 0.28b. Just a little bit of cleanup on my end.  Script seems to run quite well when execVM'ed. It is worth noting that the script sorts for only internal positions within buildings. The variable you are asking about is defined in line 55.  You can edit this line to alter if only indoor sites are selected. 

Which map are you running this on? It may be one without defined building positions and paths.. Especially older Arma1 content ported into CUP or similar has this problem. Oh, and I'm happy to help. hehe

There is no need to unpack the mod. Just check the gitHub. It isn't difficult, but will require some familiarity with arma scripting and modding. The modded version is both more advanced and performance friendly, but if used will require you to comply with the license. 

-k 

Hey there! Enjoying the mod but I've run into a bit of a frustration. My group took contact, eliminated it, and moved on. Afterwards 2 of the units in my group would periodically show "Stop" as their current command. It only lasted momentarily and that appeared to be them checking the rear every now and then. That's cool, but then when I issued them a move command, that same periodic "Stop" command would pop up, which caused them to lose the "Move" command I just gave them and returned to formation.

@mandaloin
It may be the reaction state interfering with your commands. You can enable or disable a number of player group features (to create more dependable units) in the CBA mod settings. It is also possible to configure a key to hot-toggle the LAMBS mod for your own group-- so if you need them moving, just toggle it and do your thing 🙂

-k

LAMBS Danger.fsm

New Release: Current version 2.3.0

Changelog

Added TaskCamp ~ scripted camp behaviour
Added TaskArtillery, TaskArtilleryRegister, TaskAssault, TaskCamp, TaskCQB, TaskCreep, TaskGarrison, TaskPatrol, and TaskRush Zeus and Editor modules
Added Target Module for Zeus Task modules
Added Ability to define Areas in TaskArtilleryRegister, TaskAssault, TaskCQB, TaskCreep, TaskGarrison, TaskPatrol and TaskRush
Added Parameter in TaskArtillery to skip adjusting rounds
Added Parameter to TaskAssault and TaskCQB to use dynamic (target) module position
Added Smarter distance-based sorting to TaskCQB
Added Parameter to TaskPatrol to move waypoints randomly after patrol cycle is finished
Added Parameter to TaskPatrol for Waypoint Count
Added 3DEN Setting on vehicles to mark units as pre-registered artillery
Added Share information will share to all friendly sides
Added Option to disable enhanced fleeing function
Added Improved position analysis to Suppression, Vehicle Suppression, and Vehicle Assaults functions
Added APC assault routine for armoured vehicles (keeps infantry mounted)

Fixed Issue that TaskX functions get called from the wrong environment
Fixed TaskPatrol did not Loop Waypoints
Fixed Issue that Zeus Module window did not Open
Fixed Share information MP compatible
Fixed Enhanced fleeing function is much less intrusive
Fixed Issue with taskArtillery when weapon out of ammunition
Fixed A race condition in taskArtillery

Tweaked HideInside to be more defensive
Tweaked Callouts so contact shouts are not always run through formation leaders
Tweaked ShareInformation default range
Tweaked Civilian priorities in civilian.fsm

Changed Moved Automatic Artillery Registration to WP module

ZEUS and 3DEN

This time our focus has been directed towards enhancing the Zeus and Misison edit user interface. Many of the core component scripts and waypoints have been updated, rewritten or enhanced.  Which feeds into the biggest new addition: the new MODULE system. The module system adds an easy way to use and configure the enhanced AI waypoints and scripts available in the mod. The modules integrate seamlessly to both ZEUS and 3DEN. This system supersedes and enhances the original waypoints in many ways.  We've also added a new TaskCamp module. This script makes the group appear safe and dismissed and is perfect for camps or having troops just sitting around. Units set to taskCamp will occasionally garrison buildings and man static weapons. If the group is large enough a small patrol will check the

Discord

Got questions, suggestions or other feedback? Come hang with the cool kids on our Discord. 

From the team:
diwako / joko / nkenny

--- 
STEAM Workshop

---
GitHub

---

Discord

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

LAMBS Danger.fsm
New Release Version 2.3.3

Changelog
Added TaskReset Module
Added Hide Area when moduleTaskArtilleryRegister is Synced to Object
Added TaskArtillery now uses ETA time for check round distance
Added FiredNear EventHandler to TaskCamp to Improve Reaction on Enemy Contact
Added Voice callouts to more functions

Fixed Issue with Modded Voices
Fixed Possible Scripting Errors in TaskArtillery
Fixed Scripting Errors in danger.fsm
Fixed Possible Scripting Error in assaultBuilding
Fixed Issue with taskCamp where units would occasionally get stuck in an animation
Fixed Reduced AI leaders reaction to hostile air and tank vehicles
Fixed Ability to break out of taskAssault/Retreat
Fixed TaskAssault waypoint in retreat mode
Fixed Callout ranges and speakers across some functions
Fixed Suppression was using bad positions

Changed Some small background performance Improvements
Changed remove some Duplicated Config Data

From the team:
diwako / nkenny / joko

HOTFIX

Following feedback from testing sessions and Discord we've quashed all known bugs and pushed out a hotfix. Available from the usual places. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Question- is there any way to run this, or even just a part of it, as a script?

Reason- Community doesn't want to add new mods that overhaul everything for a single mission

Did anyone hack something to make ALIVE use the new waypoints? Otherwise I'll try pull something off myself, but was hoping someone would have beaten me to it.

Currently from a quick test it looks great but unfortunately AI don't get in buildings before combat, only once they spot an enemy (and in my tests only to hunt me inside a building, but I didn't test much yet).

They do seem a bit aggressive though for getting into your building, which makes them a bit predictable. Do they also try in some cases to get a firing position into the building from the outside rather than charge in to make them less predictable?

Also, what happens to taskGarrison if the unit gets killed/deleted before it reaches its target? There seems to be no null checking? Would this fail or somehow work? Also maybe a timeout would be appropriate (for example if unit might loop, or get into contact, or get a different order by some other script)?

Is it intended that this mod enables you to teleport the player with Alt-Lett click on the map?

@Kurtosis
Default Arma feature in the editor, mate. 😉

-k 

1 hour ago, nkenny said:

@Kurtosis
Default Arma feature in the editor, mate. 😉

-k 

LOL, I thought I tested without but apparently not thoroughly enough 🙂

• Haha 1

Would it be possible to change the radio ranges so that you can take them all the way down to say, 50m? I don't want to completely disable information sharing as it can break missions, but I also don't want groups stood next to a firefight ignoring it.

@mjolnir66
Actually ran into the same issue the other day when I wanted to do a low tech mission. Will expand the range these things can be toggled in the CBA setting in future versions. 🙂

Until then you can either manually update your CBA_settings.sqf file.  Google it if you are not familiar.  Or change the variable directly.  In either cases the variables are: 

lambs_danger_radio_shout = <number>;
lambs_danger_radio_GUER = <number>;
lambs_danger_radio_EAST = <number>;
lambs_danger_radio_WEST = <number>;

Come to think of it you could do a pretty cool mission so when you destroy a radio antenna (or similar) you equally destroy the enemies ability to use radio.

-k 

• Like 1

LAMBS Orkz

New release version 1.2

Changelog

- Added dodge and hiding functions
- Added assault speed selection function
- Added low-level assault movement for non-buildings
- Added ability to hot configure/toggle lambs_dangerOrk_fsmPriorities variable
- Fixed calling wrong ACE3 health function (bug since last ACE3 release)
- Improved suppression function
- Improved looting subroutines
- Improved FSM flow structure
- Improved WAAGH data sharing
- Misc. performance fixes

More shootier boyz. This version is mainly a followup on previous releases. Expect performance improvements and higher degrees of aggression from units. The mod requires There is Only War to play. 

Download at: 
Steam workshop
Drive

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, nkenny said:

LAMBS Orkz

New release version 1.2

Changelog

- Added dodge and hiding functions
- Added assault speed selection function
- Added low-level assault movement for non-buildings
- Added ability to hot configure/toggle lambs_dangerOrk_fsmPriorities variable
- Fixed calling wrong ACE3 health function (bug since last ACE3 release)
- Improved suppression function
- Improved looting subroutines
- Improved FSM flow structure
- Improved WAAGH data sharing
- Misc. performance fixes

More shootier boyz. This version is mainly a followup on previous releases. Expect performance improvements and higher degrees of aggression from units. The mod requires There is Only War to play. 

Download at: 
Steam workshop

testing now

ooh im gonna enjoy this 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@nkennyThanks for your most excellent work with the Lambs projects; much appreciated!!  Everything seems to work well and bumps up the quality and efficiency working with my AI squad.

One question; how can I set the hotkey to turn on/off Lambs for my AI?  A few posts above you mention this...however, I didn't see anything in the options inside Arma.  I'd like to turn it off until needed for CQB.

Thanks again and good day!

DrDetroit

Thanks nkenny.  Is there a non Steam version for us luddites ?

@drdetroit
It is in the CBA Key configurations. Mind you LAMBS Orkz and other derivative projects do not have the whole shebang of features full LAMBS Danger fsm does. 
H1iEVAI.png

@kremator
I'll add a Drive link

-k 

• Like 2

@froggyluv
Yes, fn_immediateReaction.sqf.  I will be looking to improve it in the core mod as well. 

-k 

just awesome can't say more, i tested the last update the AI no more delay in response to enemy fire and no more cowards during firefight

and about the dodge feature i couldn't notice maybe i need to test more

i noticed that mechanized/motorized troops refer to stay hidden inside their APC/MRAP waiting the enemy to breed them with RPG/AT missile is this a feature or bug?

thanks for this amazing mod