nkenny

LAMBS Improved Danger.fsm

@nkenny yes it does do some anims. its based on morale of units within a certain range and distance. If it gets to low. They drop their weapons and surrender at this point. 

update: Had another mod running I over looked that does effect AI.

Thanks for the compliment. 🙂 

@nkenny I have done a brief test with both mods and the only conflict i saw was a singe BLUFOR soldier was fleeing a fight that his squad got decimated, it looked like LAMBS was telling him to run and GLX was telling him to rush and he was just going back and forth looking very confused. before he got shot from pursuing OPFOR.

Edit: this was before the most recent LAMBS update.

• Like 1

@nkenny, I've been devouring your YT channel today as I'm not working and they show nicely what you are doing. One thing, once the firefights start, it's impossible to hear your voice.

@nkenny 

Great work! I just replayed some of my own very simple sandbox-missions, clearing towns against a few AI teams.

The experience was completely new and so much richer, since your mod really adds a new dimension to the game:

Before I started to realize I better REALLY should watch those windows opfor AI had already mopped up my whole team.

From positions inside buildings, which the AI had decided to man completely on its own, without any modifications to the mission code.

👍👏

@Tankbuster
Thanks man. Yeah, terrible volume. Fixed for future videos. 

@Oldy41, thanks man 🙂

-- 
Speaking of: 

~ Video showcasing waypoints and reaction to danger

• Like 2

Heres an idea, not sure if its in the scope of this mod but if you could make enemies with NVG's react to or become alerted by IR lasers would be a fantastic feature. I think I remember another mod did this quite well but I dont remember which it was (ASR? V_COM?). If it was ASR it dosnt work anymore.

is there a way to stop my squad searching every building? Currently going through Pyrgos and they're clearing every building in the vicinity. Telling them to regroup just has them ignore me. same with putting them at Aware. Whenever I say regroup they say affirmative but then continue to clear buildings with a "Move" listed under their name.

I pulled them out of the building with zeus back to my position, had them regroup and now they're going back to the building. 

@Unleashthepain

Thank you for the bug report. Not intended behaviour to say the least. Will push a fix for v1.4.1

-k

• Like 2

Hey great AI mod, i would like to know if its possible to completly (globaly) disable the AI ability to communicate with other group.

I ask that cause im running a mission with an AI script who spawn 3 side men at the bottom left corner the map and half of the ennemy that should keep the AO just leave to go at the bottom-left of the map. i didn`t have this issue on Altis cause this 3 side AI are far in the water, but im currently playing on a non-island map (anizay) and can't really deal with it + Lambs, or at least if its possible to reduce the com range between group.

Note : I cant enter any init in SL init field cause the AI are spawned by a mode.

Hi @nkenny

I have this error popping up during gameplay

"...dangerMode select 1) select 1;
[_this,/#/_target] call lambs_danger_fnc_shareInfo..."
Error Undefined Variable in expression : _target

@damsous
Not sure I understand the problem. Keep in mind that AI communications ranges are limited. 350 meters for recruits, around 1000 for NCOs and up to 3000 for higher ranks. The mod does not create any waypoints on already existing units. Are you sure this is not related to something else?

@vafana
Thank you. Second report. Will look into it! Seems to occur when target is killed before the group leader has time to call it in. 

-k 

1 minute ago, nkenny said:

@damsous
Not sure I understand the problem. Keep in mind that AI communications ranges are limited. 350 meters for recruits, around 1000 for NCOs and up to 3000 for higher ranks. The mod does not create any waypoints on already existing units. Are you sure this is not related to something else?

No im just trying right now without Lamb and the AI didn't run at the bottom left corner.

Its because i use AI spawn script pack and this script spawn 3 HQ AI (for each side) at the bottom left of the map (0.0.0), so on a non island map and if an AO is at 3 km or less from the bottom left corner more than half of the defending unit just run to the bottom left corner of the map, because this 3 HQ AI are enemy and really close from each other.

Sorry for my bad english.

I tested LAMBS_Danger with the latest update for many hours in different scenes, with different situations and did not notice more than one mistake. I think many do not even understand how this mod has changed the game for the better. I have been waiting for a powerful AI from Arma 3 developers for so many years. my great respect for the author of the LAMBS danger mod.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been having good time playing around with this -i also have alot of singleplayer scenarios in the editor that ive played 1000 times - like a testing ground -and can def see the difference. One thing was AI that were approaching buildings occupied by enemy AI kept their orientation on the building as they approached from angles -in Vanilla it drives me crazy when an AI is approaching known threat area and then suddenly rotates away just in time to catch one in the chin.

Another cool moment was when two of my squaddies, with no command from me took up a defensive position in a steel shed next to us at exactly the correct window to return fire to an approaching enemy AI. Now i know alot of that was luck in terms of which position they took -but still a beautiful thing.

• Like 3

I agree with all the encouraging feedback,  this mod alone has breathed new life into old missions.

BTW has anyone played through the in-built campaigns with this mod?

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 8:43 AM, Unleashthepain said:

is there a way to stop my squad searching every building? Currently going through Pyrgos and they're clearing every building in the vicinity. Telling them to regroup just has them ignore me. same with putting them at Aware. Whenever I say regroup they say affirmative but then continue to clear buildings with a "Move" listed under their name.

Yes, it tends to become a bit tedious when assaulting a village with more than a few houses, having to wait while your squadmates clear them one after the other.

A move or regroup command should override that behavior.

("Come on everybody, now stop pillaging those empty houses and let's all go back to work. It's not like there is anything expensive inside, anyway... not even any furniture...")

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vafana said:

Hi @nkenny

I have this error popping up during gameplay

"...dangerMode select 1) select 1;
[_this,/#/_target] call lambs_danger_fnc_shareInfo..."
Error Undefined Variable in expression : _target

I keep getting these errors, too.

Nearly every mission, I believe it is triggered by first contact.

• Like 1

@oldy41
Thank you. It should be fixed in version 1.4.1 *HOTFIX* which will be releasing (barring major bugs) later today. 

-k 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

CcZUVr4.png

New release: Current version 1.41

Changelog

- Improved Infantry suppression with machineguns 
- Improved vehicle behaviour to close infantry forces 
- Improved Hide function by jokoho48
- Fixed Ending CQC mode with player led groups 
- Refined infantry engagement ranges 
- Tweaked AI OODA loop
- Fixed all known bugs 
- Misc. performance tweaks

Special thanks

Diwako and Jokoho48 

CBA is next!

This is the last release done solely by myself. It will be maintained on the Steam Workshop as a legacy version.  The future is exciting. A small team of developers are currently updating this mod to CBA standard with all the benefits that comes with it. Already the development version is leaps ahead of the old framework.  The change to CBA will come with few differences to the end user. So far the only incompatibility is that missions using the LAMBS scripted way-points will have to be revisited. Simply remove and re-add the waypoint to get the current most version. Behind the scenes there are many things coming. Performance enhancements, code links for developers and a plethora of debugging features.  Support for ZEN is already in place and more usability features are being investigated. 

In terms of AI enhancements the team is exploring options and listening to feedback. The mod will remain universally compatible with the vanilla game or mods. It will neither add waypoints nor disable AI features. 

Thanks for reading

nkenny 

---

Steam Workshop

---

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

This has updated a lot recently so I may be late in the game.

Is there any possible way to make it so that suppressive fire doesn't use ammo? The functionality is amazing but a side effect of this is that the AI can run out of ammo in one engagement, even a small one!

I'm currently working around this in my missions with more ammo bearers, but it's not a perfect solution.

I had to stop using this, unfortunately. It makes friendly AI worthless. They refuse to follow waypoints, refuse to follow move orders, and just run around doing whatever they want. Using this in conjunction with the C2 command mod, they totally ignore commands. I watched one AI toss a grenade in the air for no reason, injuring the whole squad and killing one friendly. 

They also all cram themselves into a building, and then just stay there the whole game, not moving towards or engaging the enemy (which I had placed in a different building).

It seems like this mod just makes the AI totally disregard waypoints and combat all together. I really don't see the point in this unless you want to simulate the AI as a bunch of cowardly conscript soldiers afraid to fight, because that's basically what it makes them act like.

Sounds a little harsh but to each his own. Its really more about calibrating the fear response than removing it. Im also running my own ptsd type scripts so im not always sure wen its his or mine -but i prefer it far better than the happen chance type firefights that are vanilla arma. the main ingredient thats missing from Arma firefights are the feeling of ebb and flow. That being, its not just about whose bots kill the other bots first but why? As it is, bots stand, rotate, fire, go prone, rotate, shoot, stand kneel, stand kneel fire, rotate with little rhyme or reason why they are doing what they're doing. You dont have to be an old strategy wargaming grognard to sense this doesnt exactly satiate tactical thinking & planning.

Think about the psychological aspect of real infantry warfare -that being having a well know brave Sarge, or being a total Greenie in the infamous enemy sniper territory, or knowing your advancing with the best spec ops on the the planet supporting you, or that friendly Armor is behind you backing your squad -maybe that dont excite you but i l for one love that sort of dynamic. yes its not going to have flawless implementation because its not written in reaction-wise from the engine level up- But its certainly worth pursuing imo

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Sounds a little harsh but to each his own. Its really more about calibrating the fear response than removing it. Im also running my own ptsd type scripts so im not always sure wen its his or mine -but i prefer it far better than the happen chance type firefights that are vanilla arma. the main ingredient thats missing from Arma firefights are the feeling of ebb and flow. That being, its not just about whose bots kill the other bots first but why? As it is, bots stand, rotate, fire, go prone, rotate, shoot, stand kneel, stand kneel fire, rotate with little rhyme or reason why they are doing what they're doing. You dont have to be an old strategy wargaming grognard to sense this doesnt exactly satiate tactical thinking & planning.

Think about the psychological aspect of real infantry warfare -that being having a well know brave Sarge, or being a total Greenie in the infamous enemy sniper territory, or knowing your advancing with the best spec ops on the the planet supporting you, or that friendly Armor is behind you backing your squad -maybe that dont excite you but i l for one love that sort of dynamic. yes its not going to have flawless implementation because its not written in reaction-wise from the engine level up- But its certainly worth pursuing imo

I get what you're saying, but my issue here is that the AI are totally disregarding waypoints and orders. Everything comes to a halt, and short of me switching to each friendly AI unit and controlling them and going guns blazing by myself, nothing happens.

The whole game comes to a stop and nothing happens. That's a big issue.

7 hours ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

Is there any possible way to make it so that suppressive fire doesn't use ammo? The functionality is amazing but a side effect of this is that the AI can run out of ammo in one engagement, even a small one!

I haven't tested the new suppressive fire yet but i'm curious about it and hoping it works as I'd like. I really feel the lack of AI machinegun suppression and if it's here, please leave it be! Not using ammo is not realistic and not even fair.

@nkenny I have an assistant machinegunner FSM i'm willing to donate to LAMBS and/or share standalone in order to solve this issue. Let me know if you want to take a look at it.

@Jagdgeschwader Stand by for incorporation or I'll release it soon. Just needs a quick review and my patience for it.

Please keep the suppression realistic:

Sustained suppressive fire: 6-9 rounds every 4-5 seconds. 72-135 rounds per minute.

Rapid suppressive fire: 6-9 rounds every 2-3 seconds. 120-270 rounds per minute.

5 minutes of suppressive fire (which is alot) expends between 360 and 1350 rounds. Which is +/- the maximum a squad would carry into battle.

• Like 2