Sign in to follow this  
vitoal125

Mission type

Just wondering what types of missions people enjoy so i know what to make

I (only) like multiplayer missions, with realistic goals, preferably some kind of believeable plot, no excessive equipment (no G36/LAW for everyone) and no respawn.

I like realism, but I also like to remember that it's a game. tounge.gif

Mix, heavy towards realism.

If I wanted to play arcade, I'd play CS, if I'd wanted a mix heavy toward realism I'd played DoD.

So I'll say realism, yup. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I wanted to play arcade, I'd play CS, if I'd wanted a mix heavy toward realism I'd played DoD.

<span id='postcolor'>

There is never any reason to play CS and DoD isnt heavy toward realism tounge.gif

Ive never played a map with fireteams and and such that is VERY realistic. I dont think there are any so I voted for heavy towards realism.

Desert Ambush for example was one of my favourite mission, its getting old after playing it 50+ times. I think the objective wasnt to unrealistic but the way you kill 74 soldiers, blow up 2 choppers, 2 BMPs alone is pretty unrealistic smile.gif

I think too much realism could make it boring since its pretty realistic that you will die before you kill 3 enemies if you are attacking and then you have to wait 1 hour for restart.

If you want realism, you´d better join the army to be a hero, for now I like a more playable mission Mix heavy towards realism. Respawning is esential to keep the interest on the game because is so boring fly as a seagull while others are having fun. I don´t mean with this those Rambo-mode missions where you fire over animated "silly"targets. I like challenging missions where you can drive tanks and manage choppers and of course it takes hard to get the goal but it is possible.

I don´t like those missions you have to walk for miles and stay on ground like a snake for 2 km. ( I think that´s the reason motorbikes were added)

I like sci-fi missions with zombies in them, where you play the Terminator android and ride around in a Mech.

i personally prefer to outwit the AIs and ofp does offer that realism, being straight shooters all of them.

It is not UNrealistic to destroy 74 or more enemies in real life. However to do that u definately need training.

1. Take the enemies by the element of surprise.

2. Be well trained in all arms and ammunitions.

3. Cross trained in all aspects of warfare, eg, signals, medic,demolitions,etc

4. Updated and instant intelligence for planning.

5. Either a good team cloned like u or personally good with sniping skills for lone rangers.

6. Physically and mentally strong, patient.

Thats why we have the special forces units all over the world who are task to take on 'surgical' strikes where no carpet bombing will allow.

By the way.....one good briefcase bomb will blow more than 10,000 people away. If only there is a way to stop such things in real life or give em back as good as we got........

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Jan. 14 2003,07:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like sci-fi missions with zombies in them, where you play the Terminator android and ride around in a Mech.<span id='postcolor'>

While I respect your preference I am glad OFP missions steer away from this sort of thing usually. confused.gif

I voted for true military tactical missions, which I guess in most cases means [realistic] coops. Exceptions like CTI, RTS, etc are great. Realism is fun, arcade isn't, IMO.

Neo

There are very very few realistic missions for ofp, I've only come across a handful but I'll say that's my favorite. I can stand the mixed with a heavy towards realism but straight out arcade is boring.