Danskkat

Missing HUD Elements in My Scenario

For some reason when I try to test my mission I've been working on I lose all my weapon information on the HUD. No fire select, grenade type selected, etc.

It's only on this mission.

In the player's .ini from Eden they have...

this addEventHandler ["killed", { _this spawn { TitleCut ["   ","black out",1]; sleep 3; TitleCut ["   ","black in",3]; "DynamicBlur" ppeffectenable true; "dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [6]; "dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 0; "dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [0.0]; "dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 5; ["Initialize", [player, [west], false, false, false, true, true, true, true, false]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator; }}];
removeGoggles this;
this addGoggles "G_Balaclava_Combat";

Aside from this, I'm not sure what else I may have accidentally screwed up to remove that information.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Just an idea: You probably respawn at start, so the code of your EH killed could be persistent in effect (spectator). Try without this EH, then try to cancel this code with an EH respawn. No other clue so far.

Interesting idea. I actually just came to report something else:

It only affects the server regularly, everyone else is intermittent. If I enable spectator mode and then disable it again using debug my elements return.

It currently exists in the Eden init, I have temporarily removed it and seeing what I'd need to do to make that a script in initServer or something. (Maybe initPlayerLocal?)

It's very bizarre. Also not the only bizarro problem this scenario is having for me. I also ONLY shows up as "Unnamed" when I load it. So... issues upon issues. Some worse than others.

UPDATE:

I removed the spectator thing from all inis and the code in general, and it STILL occurs.

Difficult to help you without more details. For example, description.ext code. Do you have some config for difficulties?

On 9/9/2019 at 1:28 AM, pierremgi said:

Difficult to help you without more details. For example, description.ext code. Do you have some config for difficulties?

Sorry the more I dig into this the more complicated it's getting. Was hoping to have better details before I reached out again.

So in the original mission I had put...

this addEventHandler 
    [
    "killed", 
        { _this spawn 
            { TitleCut ["   ","black out",1]; sleep 3; TitleCut ["   ","black in",3];
            "DynamicBlur" ppeffectenable true;
            "dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [6];
            "dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 0;
            "dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [0.0];
            "dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 5;
            ["Initialize", [player, [west], false, false, false, true, true, true, true, false]]
            call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;
            }
        }
    ];

into all player units (in the Eden init). Worked great, everything lovely, cool stuff.

So I copy/pasted the mission folder, removed all my set pieces except the players (who had that in them) and started the sequel. Except this time, when you fire up, the host and SOME of the clients have all their HUD elements missing.

I figured out that if you fired spectator from the debug and closed it again they'd return, so I made a very stupid workaround:

{
["Initialize", [player]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;
sleep 0.1;
["Terminate", [player]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;
} forEach allPlayers;

It works, but is also very janky.

As for your description.ext, I can't imagine why the problem would be from there (since again, direct copy/paste) buuuuuuuuut here you go:

author = "Mouse";
onLoadName = "\VRSWAT2.VR";
onLoadMission = "Team efficiency exercise in a simulated environment";
loadScreen = "LoadLogo.paa";
overviewpicture = "LoadLogo.paa";

class Params
{
    class IntroSkip
    {
        title = "Skip Intro?";
        values[] = {0,1};
        texts[] = {"False","True"};
        default = 1;
    };
    class EnableTimer
    {
        title = "Competitive Timer?";
        values[] = {0,1};
        default = 0;
    };
    class EasyMode
    {
        title = "Easy Mode";
        values[] = {0,1};
        default = 0;
    };
};

Right now I'm trying to run that code that used to be in the Eden unit init into serverInit as a {}forEach allPlayableUnits and seeing how that works.

Hope that's enough detail!

Still not sure what's going on. I tried doing different things with how it calls spectator. Is there something in Eden I might be missing? The problem appears completely absent from my code.

if (isDedicated) then {
  this addEventHandler ["killed",{
    (_this #0) spawn {
      params ["_plyr"];
      TitleCut ["   ","black out",1];
      sleep 3;
      TitleCut ["   ","black in",3];
      "DynamicBlur" ppeffectenable true; "dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [6];
      "dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 0;
      "dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [0.0];
      "dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 5;
      ["Initialize",[player,[west],false,false, false, true, true, true, true, false]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;
      sleep 3;
      ["Terminate",[player]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator
    }
  }];
};

if (isServer) then {
  removeGoggles this;
  this addGoggles "G_Balaclava_Combat";
};

• Like 1