malau

DLC duplication when moving Steam folder

I moved Arma 2 OA from my SSD to my HDD, but neglected to tell Steam to move the 3 x DLCs too, so it redownloaded them and installed them all to the SSD the next time I ran the game!

When I moved OA it also copied across the BAF/PMC.ACF folders too (that's why I didn't tell Steam to copy them from their own Steam pages).

If I try to move them inside Steam it says that the folder already exists. If I delete the one on the HDD that "already exists" then Steam says it still "already exists".

If I delete the one from the SSD (which is just the DLC SETUP folder basically) then the game won't run at all (!)

It's not like I can uninstall all the DLC and then reinstall them, because they don't have true installers where you can select the destination.

Any suggestions would be awesome, because I don't like wasting a gig and half of precious SSD space on duplicated files.

My humble opinion...
 Simply do a clean installation.
You only have to backup the mods that you have installed if you have any, remove all the installations and install everything again in the location you want.

Even if it's not what you want, you'll save time and space, believe me.