Hi,
Originally I made this custom memory allocator as a fun project because I dreaded of slow A3 performance.

Features

• 64-bit only custom memory allocator for Arma 3
  • Based on Intel Threading Building Blocks (TBB) 2018 Update 4
  • Large Page support
  • Optimized for both AMD and Intel CPU with AVX/AVX2
  • Drop-in replacement for BI-provided TBB4 malloc

How to install

You can read the installation guide in the ZIP package.

Notes

Not BattlEye compatible.
I only tested INTEL64 AVX2 binary on my own PC (i7-8750h with RTX 2070). I cant afford to test all binaries.

As an unwanted side effect, some trainers/cheats will not working or crash if you use this custom memory allocator 😁

Performance could be better or worst. I am not responsible if something happens to your games or PC. I am not taking any profits or benefits from this.
Virus-free: VirusTotal result (scanned with 60+ engines) . Only one false positive with one of the binaries, I already contacted the AV gave me false positive result. (fixed)
Source code will be uploaded once I clean up the code (I built this long time ago and just recently dusting it up).
If you have any question or report about this please contact me via this thread/forum or "spektykles" on official Arma 3 Discord server. I am all ears 😀

Download

ZippyShare

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Is it possible to contact Battleye to have them whitelist it?

6 hours ago, Mr. Rad said:

Is it possible to contact Battleye to have them whitelist it?

I contacted them but no reply from them yet.

it seems when enough people use a dll it gets whitelisted automatically (maybe with some basic automatic extension code verification)

On 6/5/2020 at 3:46 AM, xrayfg89 said:

This still work well in 2020?

Yes, it still working.

17 hours ago, spektykles said:

Yes, it still working.

The zippyshare link is 403 forbidden for me. Can you stick it on a better long term host, such a Google or Github?

"File no longer on server" at link provided above

Hey, I wanted to try this out since my performance since upgrading to a Ryzen 9 3900x has actually degraded FPS in Arma. But after I installed this malloc, there's no option to use it in Arma launcher, and I can't seem to find the advanced parameters line to just manually add it. Did they change the way the launcher works? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Edit

Nevermind lol, I put it in the x64 folder inside DLL, and not just the dll folder. Now I have the option for xarmalloc. 

Edited by Kuiper94

@spektykles Did you ever get around to working on the source code? I kinda want to look at it to see what you've changed and possibly make some customizations.

Btw, is there a check for admin perms for the large pages? I've found a way to get the "lock pages in memory" permission to not require a process to be run as admin, by granting the perm to the group "everyone" in secpol.msc. But I can't test because my framerate seems to stay the same whether large pages are turned on or off and whether I run as admin or not. Makes me question if the large pages are even working even with admin. I ask because I had to customize Blub's source code to remove such a check from his malloc to get the trick I mentioned to work.

I'm also curious what you've changed to optimize it for either Intel and AMD systems. Is it a simple change to the project in Visual Studio, like the AVX instruction set, or something you've altered in the code?