The FLY ArmA III Air Traffic Module makes it easy to create a network of airports.

What's new:

*Initial release

438077-1567782557.jpg

version 0001

The number one request from Fly Tanoa Air was to make it useful for other maps and vehicles. Done.

Check out the readme
FLY ArmA III verion 0001

Mission Maker walkthrough video

Spoiler

Demo video from tutorial

Spoiler

NOTES: 

* Included: 3 airport markers. 3 approach vectors. 1 cargo box and 1 traffic marker. A small init block and a great big function library. Also a brief intro.sqf you may configure and use if you like.

* A DEMO mission on Altis (not the one from the tutorial).

* It's possible to add more airports but it isn't a 2 click solution. If you know how, go ahead. If you don't and need help, message me. The next version will make it simple to add more airports. Updates will be to the function library and the module assets will  always remain the same.

* There are extra functions in there and extra functionality within some of the functions which is unused/disabled. If you want something to be different-- different passengers or less often radio updates, for example-- there's probably already a built-in function for that, just look.

* You can absolutely drop this into an existing scenario, just remember to add the init variables and exec the library.

* There's no restriction on  vehicle type so this is already a taxi service / cargo delivery module, too. Just hop in a car and start delivering people from airport to airport (you can reconfigure the names of destinations of course).

* When you open the library the first thing you may think is, "Hey, if I replaced this civilian thing with a military thing, it'd be like a real mission.", and you would be right. I noticed that, too. There is another framework with those edits already made.

* Since this is a community asset, community suggestions for features and script improvements are welcome.

Have fun!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Is this MP capable? I ask because sometimes on our server guys just want to solo something to do. It would be a interesting addition. I have been trying it out but running into some bumps along the way. Some parts work, some do not.

/edit, got it working, the init.sqf has to be placed before anything else in that file. Anything after it worked fine. One error I am figuring out but it hasn't stopped gameplay in testing.

• Like 1

One more question, since I see you spotted this.

Is there a way to shut off the radio after landing, and I keep dying when leaving a plane? Figure something I have configured wrong?

@lilwillie,
 I keep dying when leaving a plane?
Open the document "airportFunctions.sqf", Navigate to the bottom and edit:

Spoiler

exitEND = [] spawn {

waitUntil {
sleep 10;
	(isNull objectParent player) && beginScene==1
	};
player setDamage 1;
//hint "You exited the aircraft";
};

As for the radio sounds, there's no great solution. The reason why there isn't a button to turn off the radio is because the audio will continue to play until it has finished regardless.

Spoiler

if (radioON==0 && beginScene==0) exitWith {

systemchat format ["%1", vehicle player];

wpMARK=airportMARK1;
[]spawn FTA_fnc_towerCall;
sleep 3;
playSound ["UAV_01", true];
sleep 11;
playSound ["RadioAmbient8", true];
[]spawn FTA_fnc_beginBKGsound;

radioON=1;
	beginScene=1;
	};

You can check out the same function in MMF (see banner)-- I think that function has configurable parameters and should be able to just copy/paste over the existing function.

Have fun!

@lilwillie,

This should be everything you need for a Toggle Radio button. Sorry, I can't actually put it together at the moment.

Spoiler

//function
FTA_fnc_beginBKGsound=
{	params ["_radioOn"];
bkgSound = selectRandom FTA_bkgSound;
	if (_radioON==0) exitWith {	systemchat "Communication Terminated...";
					player setVariable ["tuneRADIO", 0]==0];
		};
	if (_radioON==1) exitWith {
		playSound bkgSound;
		sleep 30;
		[1]spawn MMF_fnc_beginBKGsound;
		player setVariable ["tuneRADIO", 0]==1];
		};
};

//sound array
FTA_bkgSound=[["UAV_01", true], ["UAV_02", true], ["RadioAmbient8", true], ["RadioAmbient2", true]];

/*
[1] spawn FTA_fnc_beginBKGsound; //ON
[0] spawn FTA_fnc_beginBKGsound; // OFF
*/

toggleRadio= player addAction ["Toggle Radio", {[1] spawn FTA_fnc_beginBKGsound;},[],9,true,true,"","!isnull objectParent player && player getVariable [""tuneRADIO"", 0]==0"];

toggleRadio= player addAction ["Toggle Radio", {[0] spawn FTA_fnc_beginBKGsound;},[],9,true,true,"","!isnull objectParent player && player getVariable [""tuneRADIO"", 0]==1"];

Have fun!

• Like 1