theBread Sultan

Story - and end game mission ideas

Ok, so do a bit of creative writing and have an idea for an overarching storyline, that would fit in to the existing game and provide additional endgame content with minimal dev time required.

When I saw the trailer for Vigor, I almost immediately decided that as far as I was concerned, the story of this game was that there had been a nuclear war and that you played as one of the agents from the Hitman ICA organisation. Your job was to build and set up a safe house / foothold supporting the elites, management and handlers of ICA, who lived on the oil rig and in a bunker complex underneath.

Now for obvious reasons, we can't be using the ICA, but why not a different shadow organisation? Perhaps the Norwegian Government / Royal family etc (the player character is certainly a patriot judging from the flag?)

End game impact and missions:

1. Food given to the 'poor' should be given to the organisation - perhaps the crown

2. At lvl 13: all resources can be donated to the crown. If enough of each kind is donated - players flag pole gets an additional flag on it (or perhaps 2nd pole) flying the Norwegian Royal flag (or flag of organisation). After this, more resources can be donated to the organisation which upgrades the Oil Rig bunker (e.g. radar, ant missile turret, helipad etc, small then medium patrol boat)

3. At lvl 13 also - The option to do 2 Missions a day is unlocked (which are PVP and linked)

Narrow band satellite uplink

Mission type 1: Hunter

"An operative who works for (enemy organisation ) is trying to download an an encryption cypher, take them out by any means necessary"

Mission type 2: Gatherer

"There is a narrow band satellite transmission we need you to receive, we do not want to give away the location of the rig, so you will have to go and get it. the location will be marked on your map"

gameplay as Gatherer, you need to spend 45 seconds within a small radius that is marked on your map, there will be a Hunter, who knows the location of the radius, and has the mission to kill you

While it sounds interesting it's also a bit over the top And I think that the story of ' you're a random survivor of a nuclear war fighting for resorces ' fits better