SITUATION:

The player is responsible for determining when and where a convoy will move.

OBJECTIVE:

The plan was to use the Command Custom menu by adding a Menu Item that the player may select.  When selected the map would open and the player could select a location on the map.  The convoy (currently on a Hold waypoint) would then get a new waypoint and have the old one deleted.

Admittedly, it has been a few years since I attempted something like this, but when I did this is how I did it (from the init.sqf):

//Creates a Custom menu and menu item #0 (0-9) for High Command.
missionNamespace setVariable [
  "HC_Custom_0",
  [
    ["Convoy", true],
    ["Set Waypoint", [12], "", -5, ["expression", "nul = [] execVM 'scripts\MoveConvoy.sqf';"], "1", "1"]
  ]
];

However, the above code no longer seems to function.  No errors are generated, but nothing happens.  The Custom Command menu remains unaffected.

In an attempt to resolve this problem I came across this method for accomplishing the same thing (from the description.ext):

class CfgCommunicationMenu
{
    class MoveConvoy
    {
        text = "Move Convoy";                                   // Text displayed in the menu and in a notification
        submenu = "";                                                 // Submenu opened upon activation (expression is ignored when submenu is not empty.)
        expression = "nul = [] execVM 'scripts\MoveConvoy.sqf';";                             // Code executed upon activation
        icon = "\a3\Ui_f\data\GUI\Cfg\CommunicationMenu\transport_ca.paa";  // Icon displayed permanently next to the command menu
        cursor = "\a3\Ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\Cursors\iconCursorSupport_ca.paa";    // Custom cursor displayed when the item is selected
        enable = "1";                                                   // Simple expression condition for enabling the item
        removeAfterExpressionCall = 1;                 // 1 to remove the item after calling
    };
};

_ConvoyID = [player,"MoveConvoy",nil,nil,""] call BIS_fnc_addCommMenuItem;

The above code also functions.  Or rather I should say that it does not generate any errors.  However, I get the same results.  No changes to any of the Command Menu or menu items.

For completeness sake, the MoveConvoy.sqf is:

_caller = _this select 1;

_caller groupchat "Left click on the map where you want the convoy to move.";

openMap true;
mapclick = false;

onMapSingleClick "clickpos = _pos; mapclick = true; onMapSingleClick """";true;";

waituntil {mapclick or !(visiblemap)};

if (!visibleMap) exitwith {
    _caller groupchat "It is best to be certain, but time is running out.";
    }
else {
    _pos = clickpos;
    _wayP = grp_Convoy addWaypoint [_pos, 1];

deleteWaypoint [grp_Convoy, 0];
    };

I am clearly doing something wrong, but without any errors being generated I'm at a loss as to what the problem might be.  If anyone has any ideas, I would certainly appreciate the help.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, AlaskanGlitch said:

_caller = _this select 1;

You are not passing anything....

nul = [] execVM 'scripts\MoveConvoy.sqf';

deleteWaypoint [grp_Convoy, 0];

First given waypoint( Hold ) is 1 not 0. You are better off setting the groups current waypoint rather than deleting any.

_wayP = grp_Convoy addWaypoint [_pos, 0];
grp_Convoy setCurrentWaypoint _wayP;

missionNamespace setVariable [   "HC_Custom_0",

"#USER:HC_Custom_0"

9 hours ago, Larrow said:

You are not passing anything....

First given waypoint( Hold ) is 1 not 0. You are better off setting the groups current waypoint rather than deleting any.

_wayP = grp_Convoy addWaypoint [_pos, 0];
grp_Convoy setCurrentWaypoint _wayP;

"#USER:HC_Custom_0"

Actually, the Hold waypoint is ID 0, which is why the new one that I created had an ID of 1.  Also, adding #USER: before HC_Custom_0 made absolutely no difference.  The variable was still being updated either way, but no changes where made to the Custom menu.

15 hours ago, AlaskanGlitch said:

Actually, the Hold waypoint is ID 0,

Yes an ID of #0 in the editor. This is not the same as the index you are deleting.

A waypoint is automatically made for every group at index 0 that is the position they spawn at.

Place a group and give the group a name, give them one waypoint( Hold ) in the editor, preview mission and in the debugConsole type....

waypoints groupName apply{ waypointType _x }

You will see that it actually returns two waypoints, the one you added(Hold) in the editor is in fact at index 1.

which is why the new one that I created had an ID of 1

Where do you create a waypoint at ID 1?

All I see is you add a new waypoint to the end of the list that has a random radius of 1.

Also, adding #USER: before HC_Custom_0 made absolutely no difference.

Sorry my mistake was confusing myself with calling a sub menu.

missionNamespace setVariable [
  "HC_Custom_0",
  [
    ["Convoy", true],
    ["Set Waypoint", [12], "", -5, [["expression", "nul = [] execVM 'scripts\MoveConvoy.sqf';"]], "1", "1"]
  ]
];

Missing a set of [] around the expression param