octop01

Arma 3 Nitrado Server Mods not loading in

Hello guys!

I have recently tried to host an arma 3 server with nitrado so me and some of my friends can play on our own server with our custom missions without using port forwarding or clients like hamachi. I have some experience regarding nitrado services and setting up servers in general. Server setup went just fine and me and my friends were able to connect and play any mission, whether custom or from bohemia that relies purely on normal Arma 3 Content. However a bunch of problems occured when I tried to activate mods for the server. The nitrado interface has a own settings page where I can add mods that I want to play. To do this I have to specifiy what mods I want to have on the server by defining the folder names as you probably know.

So in my case it looks like this:

@CBA;@FIR_AWS;@FIR_Pilot;@F35B;@F22;@F16;@F35C;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Units;@3CB_BAF_Equipment;

The mods in question were from the steam workshop. As you may know, steam workshop mod folders have random numbers assigned to them so you cannot really see what mod is behind the folder. I have checked every number folder and then correctly identified the mod behind it. I then gave the folders simplified names so what was formerly maybe folder "225474" with CBA in it is now just @CBA instead of the normal @CBA A3 when dowloading it manually. I then transmitted all the mods I wanted via FTP client to my arma 3 server root folder just like a normal installation of mods. After that I put all the keys from these mods into my key folder and this works, I can now connect with these mods. However this is when all logic begins to fade for me. As you can see I correctly made the command line for the mods, no typos, no wrong folder names and no wrong formalia. I replaced spaces with underscores and tried to add mod= before this command line and nothing worked, not a single mod was loaded in. Now this gets even more illogical. I tried having just a single mod loaded just to test if if is a problem with the mods side but not a single mod is being loaded. For example one mission uses some T72s from CUP_Vehicles but I can see in the logs the exact classnames of the T72 missing even though the mod should be loaded in. If that was all I atleast had a clue of what is happening but no it gets even worse. When I try to use the whole command line with all the mods I wanted it crashes the server or atleast stops initialization so I cannot connect to the server anymore.

This follows no logic, I am at the end of my understanding. Like the mods do not load in but some of them load in just enough to crash the server?! What is this?

If any of you guys can help me with this it would be greatly apprecitated!

Aside from that I'd not recommend Nitrado for Arma (we had massive performance issues two years ago) I'd say, give us the RPT. 

When you said you tried to add "mod=" in front of it did you test "-mod=". If I remember correctly (as said, two years ago) you have to have "-mod=" before your mod line on Nitrado. However, I guess an RPT Log can help a bit already.

• Thanks 1

=====================================================================
== C:\SERVICES\ni512644_1_SHARE\ftproot\arma3\arma3server.exe
== "C:\SERVICES\ni512644_1_SHARE\ftproot\arma3\arma3server.exe" -mod="@F35B;@F22;@F16;@F35C;" -serverMod="@F35B;@F22;@F16;@F35C;" -ip=217.114.199.252 -port=2302 -maxmem=3071 -enableHT -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -profiles=config -config=config/server.cfg -cfg=config/basic.cfg -name=arma3 -loadMissionToMemory

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server
Exe timestamp: 2019/08/03 03:28:07
Current time:  2019/09/05 14:59:09

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.94.145977

Allocator: C:\SERVICES\ni512644_1_SHARE\ftproot\arma3\Dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll [2017.0.0.0] [2017.0.0.0]
PhysMem: 384 GiB, VirtMem : 4.0 GiB, AvailPhys : 86 GiB, AvailVirt : 3.9 GiB, AvailPage : 240 GiB
=====================================================================

14:59:09 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features won't be accessible!
14:59:10 Initializing stats manager.
14:59:10 Stats config disabled.
14:59:10 sessionID: 5a4fd9a9d556203bc473cffdd883dbb859844449
14:59:22 Warning Message: Addon 'FIR_F16_77FS_F' requires addon 'FIR_AirWeaponSystem_US'

This is the whole RPT file from an example where I used the whole command line and it just "crashed". Sorry for just pasting it but I am not able to upload it as I am currently not at home. Also this warning message makes no sense I had the Air Weapon System load before the F16 and there were no typos. The command line for this was exactly:

-mod=@CBA;@FIR_AWS;@FIR_Pilot;@F35B;@F22;@F16;@F35C;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Units;@3CB_BAF_Equipment;

56 minutes ago, octop01 said:

-mod="@F35B;@F22;@F16;@F35C;" -serverMod="@F35B;@F22;@F16;@F35C;"

You are trying to load the mods twice, that's wrong. -serverMod is for serverside ONLY mods, none of these mods are that.

14:59:22 Warning Message: Addon 'FIR_F16_77FS_F' requires addon 'FIR_AirWeaponSystem_US'

Well yes.

-mod="@F35B;@F22;@F16;@F35C;"

You are not loading AWS.

57 minutes ago, octop01 said:

The command line for this was exactly:

-mod=@CBA;@FIR_AWS;@FIR_Pilot;@F35B;@F22;@F16;@F35C;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Units;@3CB_BAF_Equipment;

The log file says otherwise.

Have you already contacted Nitrado support? one of the things you are paying these ridiculous amounts of money for is for the support.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dedmen said:

You are trying to load the mods twice, that's wrong. -serverMod is for serverside ONLY mods, none of these mods are that.

Well yes.

You are not loading AWS.

The log file says otherwise.

Have you already contacted Nitrado support? one of the things you are paying these ridiculous amounts of money for is for the support.

Okay I will remove the server mod line and see what happens. The Thing is, I really did use this exact command line I literally copy pasted it over here. I am aware of the dependencies and load orders, however the log file seems to completly forget about most of the mods. I do not understand this.... I will also try to contact nitrado support yes. If anything changes I will keep you up to date.

Okay it seems that most of the problems are related to mod folders that have spaces in them, so that explains why only a number of them are displayed by the log file, only exception to this seems to be CBA. I will proceed to make all folder one word and then tell you about the progress.

Edit: Okay the problem has indeed been the spaces between the words, by changing all of them to just one word the issue has been fixed. Disabling the server mods command line was also important! Thank you two for your answers, they were one of the main reasons the problem has been fixed! Good day to you!