Scott

"" Encountered instead of "{" error message.

Greetings, recently i've started modding, retexturing to be exact. 

After i've done the retexturing and all i went on to editing the config file which apparently has issues whenever i launch arma 3 with my mod loaded.

It looks like this:

File tf132_beret\config.cpp, line 8: Config: '"' encountered instead of '{'

This is the pastebin of the whole config file: https://pastebin.com/yz2KiPqi

Anybody can enlighten me on this? 

Cheers.

This isn't the focus of this topic though... recommend to do there: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/162-arma-3-addons-configs-scripting/

So, the config, has a few problems.

Line 8:

version[] = "1";

You shouldn't do that! An array must be right after a something[] = . Remove [] and quotation marks.

Line 22:

class TF132_Beret:

This should inherit what? This also will cause an error. Same with line 44.

I apologize for the post in the wrong place, im still tryina work my way around this forums. I've also did what you asked and its surely some progress, though now i seem to have an error " Config: some input after EndOfFile. ". Im not sure if you are still able to help and want to do it on this post. But if needed ill go ahead and make it on the good forum. Do i have to perhaps binarize the cfg? I used it as a template from a friend and i had to unbinarize it in order to edit it.

Thanks for the assist so far.

= 2,

Line 68, probably this. I've no idea actually it does what but I think enum {...}; don't need to run.

Yes remove the enum. that has no place there. no idea where you even got that from, I have definitely seen that before.

I've done what you guys told me. Currently im getting the same error. 

The new pastebin looks like this: https://pastebin.com/j5DAVkj7

I've tried binarizing it to see if it works but it would stop me from doing it due to the same error so that's a no go as far as i can see. Im trying to look around to see if i've missed something but i can't see anything out of the ordinary.

I apologize again, im quite really new to scripting mods in arma.

authorUrl = {};

I think I missed this, line 10. = {}; is allowed only for an array, with [] suffix. A proper array is like line 38. Thus, this authorUrl is illegal. Replace {} with "".

EOF error is really useless to assume what's wrong. I often got that when I missed something with an array.

Yes, that fixed that error, now i think i've got something easier to fix. Line 22 error cfgWeapons.Headgearitem: Undefined base class ''.

Man i now realize how many errors i've got so far. 

Its finished and working, saw it in game aswell. Thank god. Cheers for the assistance guys!

• Haha 1