LyrikalD

"Dropping" Items

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

So my friend and I, as well as many others I'm sure had an idea out of frustration to DROP ITEMS so that he could have what i  didnt need and vice versa. But what I believe is most people who also have the same idea and have requested that havent noticed something: theres no rendered in game (physical) items. Its all U.I. so what I think we need to ask for is the ability to exchange / move items from our inventory into a crate. (Looted, unlooted or player crate) Therefore there would be no need for any additional or unnecessary artwork and models to be made and would just be a simple hold X on the item to swap the container or something along them lines.

Hi LyrikaID,

Your explanation seems logical and probably doable. In defence of the Devs, I believe the game was originally conceived as single player, therefore no need for rendered items or the exchanging of items.

Would you want to see the principle applied game wide. By this I mean as the default method, even in the solo game.

Exchanging what you need from crates, boxes, etc would leave items for other outlanders as well as making the outlander' more vunerable and adding more risk when exchanging.

To be honest I'm happy with the current system in solo. It's quick and if I need to manage my inventory, I find a quiet place and destroy what I don't want. I can however see the benefit for teaming.

Any other views out there?

7 hours ago, Oldninja said:

Hi LyrikaID,

Your explanation seems logical and probably doable. In defence of the Devs, I believe the game was originally conceived as single player, therefore no need for rendered items or the exchanging of items.

Would you want to see the principle applied game wide. By this I mean as the default method, even in the solo game.

Exchanging what you need from crates, boxes, etc would leave items for other outlanders as well as making the outlander' more vunerable and adding more risk when exchanging.

To be honest I'm happy with the current system in solo. It's quick and if I need to manage my inventory, I find a quiet place and destroy what I don't want. I can however see the benefit for teaming.

Any other views out there?

I like your take and i can understand why there wouldnt be a need for it in single player and how it was meant to be a solo game. If implemented into solo it could definitely add more use of the emotes and create a more "nerve racking" environment where you're not sure if the other outlander is friendly or not. The gameplay seems to be focused on PvP but with the games speech giving off a more PvPvE feel to it?  Like DayZ could they be friendly? Will i get stabbed in the back? Which not everyone may like and I can get that but at the same time in my eyes destroying items creates a more selfish mentality in the community as opposed to being able to share whether its with your teammate or for a random outlander, in turn making 9/10 encounters shoot on sight.

It's not needed for solo. But when I play with my good buddy we have run into this problem many times. I like the idea of transfering into container's. This would not effect solo gameplay at all because many times I stumble on weapon crates and have to leave weapons behind because I cannot carry more than 2 primary. As for the emotes, they need to be removed or change the game completely to more of a DayZ route with a PvE aspect to it. As it stands now it's only PvP and nobody doesn't shoot on sight and if they ever give me a chance and I find a gun I will shoot them asap.