ShadzFen

Van Texture Glitch [SOLVED]

So I'm having this problem with the textures on the vans, and only the vans. The textures become glitched at certain distances and show what seems to be the vehicle's wireframe on the outside.

cJxhKOh.jpg

As you can see, it only happens on the vans. I have checked every single other vehicle in the game and none of them have the glitch other than the vans.

Some times if you're close enough, or always if you're far away enough, the textures seem fine. But as soon as you get within a certain distance which seems to be between 3m and about 30m, the bug appears again.

y1rQKbh.jpg

hW1Afim.jpg

HONWdOz.jpg

The IDAP ambulance is one of the worse ones. As soon as you get close to it, the texture completely disappears and turns to this swampy brown colour.

And if the van is damaged, the glitch gets even worse...

m3NVyor.jpg

XH09wmQ.jpg

I have looked everywhere, and I could not find a single other person with this problem. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough but it's been bugging me for months. When the Laws of War update came out and these vans were introduced, they worked perfectly fine for me.

I've tried changing all of my graphical settings to no avail. I tried verifying the game's files. Nothing seems to fix it. The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling Arma 3, but my internet speed is slow, and I really don't want to do that just to fix a texture issue on a single vehicle type.

If anyone has any tips to try and fix this, I'll be more than happy to try them. It's not a game breaking bug, but it is a bit of a mood breaker when you see this "wireframe-mobile" drive down the road.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that I have tried launching Arma 3 without any mods, and the glitch still happens. And also, I keep my Nvidia drivers up to date as soon as a new one comes out.

Edited by ShadzFen

wtf 😄
Honestly I'd say that looks like a issue with your GPU.

Especially the last screenshot. Something is going veeeeery wrong inside the shader.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ShadzFen said:

I keep my Nvidia drivers up to date as soon as a new one comes out.

Thanks for reminding me 😄

Speaking of Nvida what are your computer specs and what Gpu are you running?

Did you have any issues prior to your last update of the drivers, or was this the first time?

Lastly Welcome to Bi forums!

1 hour ago, Dedmen said:

Honestly I'd say that looks like a issue with your GPU.

I agree, but im wondering why that dark red van looks more frizzled then the other ones?

• Like 1

I've had this issue for quite some months now. I'd like to say since 2018 actually. I have updated my graphics drivers multiple times since then, and none of the updates have fixed the issue. I can't remember which update was the one where the issue started to happen though...

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

Intel i7-8750H 2.2GHz

16GB RAM

Currently on the Nvidia GeForce driver version 436.15 released on the 27th of last month. I have no idea why some of the vans look worse than others, and even less idea as to why it's only the vans! It makes so sense to me 😅

What comes to mind is memory and LOD distant rendering possibly a texture issue on the van itself and maybe not you,

so in the distance the issue really doesn't occur until you get close.

What is your Arma3 on an HDD or an SSD?

You know who you could ask is these guys on this thread:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/187603-will-my-pc-run-arma3-what-cpugpu-to-get-what-settings-what-system-specifications/

Explain your issue and then point them to this thread, ask them if this could possibly a GPU issue maybe it failing or something, imo they would know

as they are most knowledgeable about computers, parts related to the game and engine.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

My Arma is on an HDD, don't have enough space on the SSD to hold the game and all the mods I like to play with. 

I really hope it's not the GPU failing since it's not even that old... I bought it only 2 years ago!

I'll ask them, thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

I've had this exact thing happen twice or trice after Arma updates and verifying intergrity of game files fixed it every time. I suggest trying it again a few times, I've had it fail to recognize the broken files before.

EDIT: If it still fails to find anything maybe try removing the LoW DLC files (Orange folder) and then verify, let it redownload the files from scratch.

• Like 2

Oh, I was starting to think I was the only one with this problem! As I said I tried verifying it already, but I'll give it another few tries, and if not I'll also try removing the folder. 

Have you tried the exact same textures, on other peoples computers?

If they work fine there we can exclude a texture issue, which I already doubt as the vanilla textures are broken too.

• Like 1

They are all vanilla textures, no mods, so it's almost certainly not a problem with Bohemia's textures. The standard civilian van in any of the colours or skins does the same texture/wireframe bug.

Unfortunately I don't have access to another PC to test the same game files on... I'm still in the process of verifying the game, it's redownloading some files but as I mentioned, my internet is slow as balls so it's gonna take a while.

I'll post back once it's redownloaded the files and I test to see if the issue is still a thing or not.

EDIT: So yeah, after validating the files twice and having to redownload 3.6GB the first time, and then 4GB the second time, the textures have actually fixed! 

Thank you all so much for the tips and help. I'm rather annoyed that it didn't work the first time I validated, but it worked this time so... 

Problem is solved, just validate your game as many times as you need to fix this bug and it will eventually fix itself.

Edited by ShadzFen
Found the solution
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ShadzFen said:

EDIT: So yeah, after validating the files twice and having to redownload 3.6GB the first time, and then 4GB the second time, the textures have actually fixed! 

Thank you all so much for the tips and help. I'm rather annoyed that it didn't work the first time I validated, but it worked this time so... 

Problem is solved, just validate your game as many times as you need to fix this bug and it will eventually fix itself.

Nice man!

Happy you got it sorted, so it was a file issue, nice call Max255!

• Like 1