In the spirit of previous posts about enabling other players to visit each other's shelter; it would be nice to see a shelter customization feature added to the game sometime.  Something along the lines of craftable items such as carpeting, furniture and lighting using various materials.  These items could also be found in crates, hidden across different maps or earned through in game challenges to act as trophies to be shown off.  It would be cool to see a challenge system that as you complete them certain items are added to your in-house mantle above the fireplace and/or displayed on your loading character boarder.  This could be a nice way to keep players interested in looting while in game after shelter upgrading is completed, which really is not that long.  In a month or so we are going to see players with fully upgraded shelters that have no reason to loot and will just go around killing other players that are still working on upgrades.  Could just be me, but I see the game turning from a loot-and-shoot to a full on PvP game if there aren't systems put in place to keep people interested in looting.

After playing for a few games and upgrading my shelter, I thought to myself, what am I looting for?, I've already got enough stuff to upgrade everything, I'm just waiting hours for my upgrades to finish." Another addition would be sustaining your base. Fuel for generators, food and water to actually survive. If you run out of food/water at the shelter your character would go into games with decreased stamina/health, only having so much backpack space because your character is weak. Shaking hands because of dehydration/starvation. Give the game that survival aspect that is non existent at this stage. I'm not talking full on survival sim, but something for gamers who've reached a certain level still have something to play toward. Another addition would be the lootbox. The lootbox has the best stuff, but to get the best stuff, it needs to be upgraded before the match. But that takes coins, I've played maybe a handful of games where the box was blue, fewer still when it's purple of gold. Maybe instead of certain loot stuck in the gold box, make each tier present MORE loot. Keep the white a 3 piece but make the gold have like 7. OR have another way to upgrade the loot pre-match. Giving up resources that are in your stash to upgrade it before the match or even when your back at base, do kind of a sacrificial offering to have a chance of upgrading the loot. 

Since 'Reset' day, there has been a lot more loot available in encounters. Whilst I'm really in favour of it, I agree with most of the comments regarding what's the point of looting if my shelter is fully upgraded and I have all the plans I need.

To keep outlanders interested, there needs to be some guidance on what's on the development roadmap re upgrading shelter and the surrounding area.

If you (the Devs) recall, this was part of the issue prior to 'reset day'. Outlanders thought that continuing to acquire loot, weapon plans etc was a waste of time, until a reward scheme was muted.

I think we have reached a similar point in the current game. Give us some ideas of what we can expect to be spending our loot on in future updates.

• Like 2