Sign in to follow this  
gokitty1199

Setting Objects Mass?

For testing Ive made a small square plate in blender, exported as FBX, imported to Object Builder, exported as p3d, setup the configs and such and got it in the game. Now im trying to understand collisions, from reading it seems I need a geometry mesh that I add mass to. I simply duplicated my mesh in blender and named it geometry, selected them both and exported as FBX and repeated the steps to load it into Object Builder. The problem is I cannot figure out how to set the geometry's mass. I press Alt + M to bring up the little mass window, but everything is greyed out so I cannot set a value for the geometry mesh. Im starting from square 1, never created(i know how to model) and imported a mesh for arma before so any misc tips would be great. Thank you.

There is a Blender plugin that exports as .p3d, you can set mass and everything in that. You can stay away from object builder then (some of the time)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RoF said:

There is a Blender plugin that exports as .p3d, you can set mass and everything in that. You can stay away from object builder then (some of the time)

that looks very handy thank you! I have a question, i keep getting errors when exporting or trying to use misc features of the toolbox(2.80) in relation to an unknown file location. I set my 02Script path to 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\O2Scripts

is that correct? Heres my error for example when simply setting mass

https://gyazo.com/e1f6963e3b8f0514975a219be9f6fbb1

Best ask on the Toolbox post, I'm a mega noob at modeling

• Thanks 1

Have a look at this link, describing LOD's for Arma: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/LOD

Note for the Geometry LOD, it should be very simple, and has to fulfill the following criteria in order to work:

--- Object must be named ComponentXX (where XX is a consecutive number between 01 and 99).

--- Must have 'Mass' (Alt-M).

--- Must be closed and convex. Always validate your Geometry LOD.

In Object Builder, go to the Geometry LOD, select all objects (Ctrl A), then enter the Mass (kg) in the mass window.
To auto name your objects, use menu Structure > Topology > Name Components.

To check for non-convexities, use menu Structure > Convexity > Find non-convexities

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1