Hello, my fellow community friends! I have a very "strange" and at the same time interesting idea, having seen it in various FPS games. As you all know, in some games, during a stealth mission, the main character must stay in cover and undetected by the enemy... for at least as long as possible in order to complete a secret task or avoid being captured, being behind enemy lines. A little example is Battlefield 1, where the player was behind the German lines and had to stay hidden for the enemy for as long as possible and then, when detected, fight his way back to the friendlies. I was wondering if such a eye awareness (spotting) system can be somehow created, using all the information and possible commands, scripts and "magics" that exist among the community, no matter if they are vanilla ones or BIS'. For example: when an enemy is spotting the player or his teammates, the knowledge begins to arise a little, and a marker, like in those games I mentioned, starts to appear, changing also its color from white to red. By "knowledge" I mean "X knowsAbout player >..." And this would vary from 0 to the highest possible number, may be 4 in this case. So, we'd need a complex script, including all possible variants up to this highest number, which are checked one by one, and when they start to grow, this action would respond or represent the marker value and visibility on the screen, which means it also should get bigger and more red with the time. And, of course, if the player is no longer being spotted by enemy AIs, it should start to dissapear, using the same method backwards. Another command, reveal, also may come in handy, if it is possible to use it as well, or to combine both. I know it sounds complicated, but if such a marker is not possible to be displayed, how about any other kind of indicator, like an alarm, or anything else. A possible marker to use is the already existing one, by using the "use" button for marking something on the map, where a yellow marker with a sounds appears at the marked direction. So, do you think now that my idea sounds crazy... or it's a perfect new option to use in missions... 😉

As much as i want to read what your idea is about, please use proper English paragraphing, you got a wall of text.

Press the space bar, ideas are no good if the presentation is poor, start there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All I wanted to ask is if a marker can be added to the game if:

- enemy AI has detected the player or/and his teammates;

- if so, can its color scale be changed from white to red representing the level of danger;

- the level of danger means how much knowledge does the enemy AI has about the player, when he is revealed by the AI;

- the marker should appear on both sides of the screen, depending on the direction of the enemy, who is spotting him;

- it could also be presented by acoustic sound at the moment, when the player is spotted;

- both scripts knowsAbout and reveal can be used;

- the scale of the knowledge about player's presence should be constantly checked by the script, if it's growing, so the scale of the visual marker could also grow at the same time according to this states and data collected;

- the sound clicks, if they are used, could be something like the parctronic system of a car - when it gets closer to a wall, you can hear them more and more often, representing the growth of the danger in our case.

So, here's the "wall"... 😉 Brick by brick!

• Like 2

I also mentioned that another kind of marker can be used to visually represent the growing danger, going from white to red, as it is with BF1 for example. This could be just like any other kind of a custom HUD. Now imagine the MGI Tactical mod and tell me it ain't possible... 😄

@black_hawk_mw2_87,

@Gunter Severloh, is correct about the presentation of the "WALL". If you want us to read it, make it super-readable! I could write a message on a cake and give it to you, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!", or I could scrawl the same message on a baseball bat and deliver it that way. Don't beat us with bats. Decorate cakes for us.

Regardless,

You're talking about a sight cone.

I'm not gonna touch the complicated nuance of what you want it to do but I'd start by just creating a trigger attached to the unit which represents the site cone. Like, make a cube trigger 50x50x50, and place it on the unit like a diamond, so the unit is standing at a corner with the other three corners in front of them. Bis_fnc_attachToRelative that trigger to your unit and you've got a sight cone. Put whatever in the trigger condition (player in thislist) and then all that stuff you said about reveal and knowsabout.

If I was going to make a MGS style mission I think that's how I'd start testing.

Have fun!

• Like 2

Id start with Greenfists Detection Tool

Youd have to create your own parameters and sound effects but that should get you started

• Like 3

I assume that the both ideas of the previous 2 posts could be combined somehow or at least create a working process using them. Or may be 2 separated working variants. I was wondering about a solution to this because it could be quite useful for the community. 😉 Thank you both for your responses! 🙂 I am not at home now, so I will be glad to see your scripts after testing. 🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wogz187 said:

@black_hawk_mw2_87,

@Gunter Severloh

You're talking about a sight cone.

I'm not gonna touch the complicated nuance of what you want it to do but I'd start by just creating a trigger attached to the unit which represents the site cone. Like, make a cube trigger 50x50x50, and place it on the unit like a diamond, so the unit is standing at a corner with the other three corners in front of them. Bis_fnc_attachToRelative that trigger to your unit and you've got a sight cone. Put whatever in the trigger condition (player in thislist) and then all that stuff you said about reveal and knowsabout.

If I was going to make a MGS style mission I think that's how I'd start testing.

Have fun!

I am expecting to see your way of doing this. I am open to more ideas as well, but yours seems to be right. It sounds quite interesting to me and I can't way to see a working version. 🙂 I know it's a big challenge for you, but I know you are quite experienced and I rely on your help. 🙂

@black_hawk_mw2_87,

You'll have to play around with the conditions and effects but the set up is like,

438077-1567353062.png

In the marker init properties:

MARKER attachTo [badDUDE];
[TRIGGER, MARKER, true] call bis_fnc_AttachToRelative;

I put in the trigger for testing,

badDUDE enableAI "ALL"; // disabled "TARGET", "AUTOTARGET".
hint "enabled";

The trigger won't attachToRelative the unit.

438077-1567353368.png

By no means a perfect system, or even a good one, but a decent place to start.

Have fun!

• Like 3