Pba (DayZ)

Contact assets in coop mission on dedicated server has no slots

No player slots can mean a number of the following:

• Missing mod/s -  You'll get an error like this in your RPT - (Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted: Mod/s name)
  • Missing files from a mod or mods.
  • Mod mismatch - when mod your running isn't the same as the servers.
  • Server command line Syntax error - ( this means the spelling of a mod in the server's command line is wrong where the mod's name in the command line dont match the actually name of the mod in the files.)
  • Path on server command line is incorrect in terms of what your loading and where mod files are actually are.
  • Missing playable slots in the mission
  • Editor Attributes ---> Multiplayer min and max at 0 players, this can also be in the Description.ext if you have 0 (zero players defined).

============

Overall RPT be it the server or local is what you need to check first when you run into issues, local rpt can be found here:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

On 8/31/2019 at 5:57 AM, Pba (DayZ) said:

I just finish Contact coop mission on Livonia map, but I have no slots. 

Then I make new scenario, put 1 LDF playable slot + add 2 roots and alien ship, but there is no slots too.

Can you link the mission so i can download it and look at it, from your screenshot here looks like your missing files from Contact itself,

or their not loading, or your not running contact from the launcher cant say.

But link the mission for download, are you using any mods and what mods?

1 hour ago, major-stiffy said:

He probably didn't buy the Contact DLC.

I own Contact DLC :)

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Can you link the mission so i can download it and look at it, from your screenshot here looks like your missing files from Contact itself,

or their not loading, or your not running contact from the launcher cant say.

But link the mission for download, are you using any mods and what mods?

I can link but there is 104 mods, and its bad idea 😉

This is mission made in Contact platform editor. 

Now I want to try to put this on server but server don't have contact platform stuff :/ 

Same error like a screenshot I post before

2 hours ago, Pba (DayZ) said:

This is mission made in Contact platform editor. 

Which is still the EDEN Editor, nothing has changed with arma3's editor, the only reason you start the game

clicking on the Contact button in the arma3 launcher is to play the Contact Campaign, aside that you can start the normal arma3 game and you will

have all the content from the DLC (expansion) in the editor, so there is no new editor, or change to the editor or new editor platform that was created with Contact

the editor is still the editor regardless if you have contact or not.

This is how it works when you play with Contact:

• When you start the normal game up, all Contact assets will be in the game, this includes the Livonia map, you can build your missions in the editor with those assets.
  • When you start the game pressing the Contact button in the arma3 launcher it gives you access to play the Contact Campaign.
On 8/31/2019 at 5:57 AM, Pba (DayZ) said:

Then I make new scenario, put 1 LDF playable slot + add 2 roots and alien ship, but there is no slots too.

I just did this i was running Contact, added exactly as you added 1 LDF he was player, also added 2 roots, and alien ship, and had no issues playing it in sp or mp lan

so i have no idea why you cannot play the mission and have no slots, according to your screenshot in your previous post your missing Contact files.

Only thing i can suggest is post your latest rpt for when you tried to load the game and it gave you the error

rpt can be found here ---> C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

When you post it put it into a spoiler, or use this site to post it ---> https://justpaste.it/

And upload your last mission you created the one without the mods, and let me take a look at it.

3 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

This is how it works when you play with Contact:

• When you start the normal game up, all Contact assets will be in the game, this includes the Livonia map, you can build your missions in the editor with those assets.
  • When you start the game pressing the Contact button in the arma3 launcher it gives you access to play the Contact Campaign.

Sooo. When I play normal game I don't have all contact assets for eg. Contact modules, spectrum device, roots etc.

In normal Arma3, in the editor if you go to props (yellow icon), and then next to the search box is a arrow that points down, set that to the Arma3 Contact (Platform)

and a list of all the assets ingame will be there, from trees, houses, objects, ammo boxes, weapons ect,.

The only Assets on the Arma3 end is under independent (green icon) that has the LDF Faction and Looters faction under that.

As for the Contact platform itself when you start the game with Contact, you get access to other assets mainly the campaign, LDF (emp)and the aliens.

So if you were trying to play what you built in the Contact platform in normal Arma3 that would explain the missing files.

If you build it on the Contact platform using contact assets from there such as the aliens, roots, ect,. then you'll need to play it there too

or you get the missing files error as seen in your screenshot.

If you build a mission in regular arma3 platform with contact assets which dont have the aliens and such on that platform then the mission should work,

suggest trying both without mods and see if everything works correctly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

If you build it on the Contact platform using contact assets from there such as the aliens, roots, ect,. then you'll need to play it there too

or you get the missing files error as seen in your screenshot.

Yep. But there is no MULTIPLAYER button 😉 

Answer my questions below:

• What are you playing on arma3 with contact assets, or are you on the contact platform?
  • What units did you place and on what map?
  • From the placement of the units how did you save, editor save or export?
  • After you saved where did you go to play mp? through the editor mp lan? or back to main menu mp, then host mp lan, or do you have a server separate from you computer your testing the mission on?

You got to be specific as to what exactly you have done or i cant help you anymore.

1 minute ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Answer my questions below:

• What are you playing on arma3 with contact assets, or are you on the contact platform?
  • What units did you place and on what map?
  • From the placement of the units how did you save, editor save or export?
  • After you saved where did you go to play mp? through the editor mp lan? or back to main menu mp, then host mp lan, or do you have a server separate from you computer your testing the mission on?

You got to be specific as to what exactly you have done or i cant help you anymore.

1. Contact platform. I just made a mission on contact platform, and I try to put it on server. 

2. LDF + Specnaz + Looters

3. Save

4. I try to play this missions on testing server ( its own by my coop group ).

Later I send you more info, and server error message

Now I working 😉 

Ok so it comes down to your server dont have Contact it seems, so ya post the server rpt.

If server dont have Contact then you will get the errors you got.

Like i said you got to be specific, your title of your thread here should say:

Current - Contact stuff in coop mission - no slots

New - Contact assets in coop mission on dedicated server has no slots

Coop mission could be mp lan too, as i do that alot, even though i may play solo.

1 hour ago, Pba (DayZ) said:

Its looks like server doesn't have contact platform assets.

Thanks for the info and screenshot.

So the server you said is

2 hours ago, Pba (DayZ) said:

4. I try to play this missions on testing server ( its own by my coop group ).

owned by your coop group, so owned as in a dedicated computer for arma3 that one of the member's setup,

or a GSP (Game server provider) as in your group is renting a server?

If its a dedicated server then the server is being run by one of the members who dont have the Contact DLC Expansion on it?

You should find out. If thats the case then that would solve your issue.

You'll need to talk with your group and explain the issue as who's ever in charge of the server will need to put the DLC on it

if it is a GSP then the server owner (person paying the rent) should send a ticket in to the GSP company to let them know you guys want the

Contact DLC on it.

Usually the server owner (the renter of the server) can submit a ticket for support and ask the company if they have Contact to begin with that

they can put on the server, if not and you guys really want the DLC then the company may have to purchase it or get it themselves in order to add it to the server

just ask and see what the situation is. Lastly if its a GSP what company is the group renting from?