avibird 1

Can you have two groups in a transport vehicle using the transport unload waypoint?

The transport unload waypoint is a very cool and useful waypoint Bohemia has added in recent years. I know how to use it and it works great with a vehicle and a separate group in cago.

I have attempted to add two groups to a vehicle in cargo space each with a different waypoint assign once they getout . The vehicle and its crew had a vehicle unload waypoint at the location that  the other groups waypoints are located. One attempt worked but the majority of time some of the units of second group would jump out of cargo space at mission start and move to it's groups waypoint on foot.

I attempted to place the units in the vehicles through the editor as well as through scripting  both give the same results. 

Can you have multiple groups in a vehicle's cargo space all using the vehicles transport unload waypoint?

My goal is to have multiple fireteams  4 of them in one vehicle moving to a POW camp in one vehicle but each fireteam has its own waypoint once they get out using the transport unload from the vehicle. I don't feel like beating myself up in the editor for a few hours if this is something that the waypoint is unable to accomplish. 

I found it simpler to just force a group out when needed  by placing this in the WP on Act

null= this SPAWN { sleep 2;GrpA leaveVehicle vehicle _this};// change GrpA to the group you want to leave

all waypoints can be move

you place two WP's close  together for the vehicle and sync it to a move waypoint for the group getting out so the truck waits until they are out.

• Thanks 1

I will give it a go and see but I don't think you can have two groups in a vehicle using Bohemia waypoints vehicle transport. I think it's only for one group and one group driving the vehicle not multiple groups in cargo. I really wanted to have for fire teams of four guys each with a different waypoint moving into different buildings. This is a work in progress.

I don't see why you can't have multiple groups jumping out of a helo and moving to do their own thing.

@avibird 1@avibird 1 You have 2 accounts?

I think @wogz187 said something similar, or the same...

It may be helpful to create a vanilla scenario with what you are trying to do.

Share it and then people have a visual reference and a better understanding of how to work out your problem.

I can't think in waypoints and synchronisations... But there are Bohemian ways.

• Like 1

@Maff tested with only vanilla units and vanilla map. I hate not being Captain obvious it is the cup units and vehicles. It works fine with the vanilla units vehicles vanilla map. That sucks but I guess with every game update community mods will break and some will not be updated after Bohemia makes changes. 

Lol after a little more testing it appears to be  the cup map ie Everon that is give me all types of issues  with the waypoints. Very frustrating.

Update for anyone who gives a rat's ass about this.😊

What I think notice if you place a group of units into the vehicle from the editor individually but not in the order the units are listed in the Eden editor the way the units are in alphabetical order based on it's class name team leader grenadier machine gunner ECT some of the units will attempt to reorganize their proper seating order based on the game internal workings. When a trigger for the vehicle to move is activate it. 

When I place  a group as a whole into a vehicle I don't have the issues with units attempting to reorganize their positions correctly resulted in the waypoints working correctly. 

Is this a bug or just a game limitation or design process that just does it work efficiently.

What do you guys think

It also seems to be an issue with cup vehicles especially.