Azzkicker527

Additional Crown Gain Methods

I am really loving this game but any encounters without loot boosts are pretty slim compared to even a two level boost. I had a challenge that earned me 160 crowns, but I had to use 5 boosts to get it. So I spend at least 150 to get back 160. Not much of a reward, granted the idea is to trigger others into increasing the loot level but with crowns being so limited on their gain this doesn't happen much.

The shelter gains are pretty sad, you start at 10 per day and the max is just over 20 for 12 levels! Not even enough to boost one match per day? The shelter gains should at least be 30 per day to start and increase to at least double if not triple when fully leveled.

Maybe add more challenges for crowns (that don't ask you to use them to get them) or even add them as obtainable loot during an encounter. It'd be great to loot random car and get 18 crowns or so.

Hi Azzkicker,

I agree with your comments.

But I don't think the Devs will give too many crowns away.

It would be great if they would either lower the cost of boosts, or provide more ways of gaining crowns. I understand that they want outlanders to spend on crowns as it gives the income to continue development, but there is a point where things become counter intuitive.

For example, clash of clans (not even similar you may say), but they have modified their business model and my grand kids love it as they can buy things cheap. But believe me, it's an illusion. As my credit card spend will attest.

They are spending smaller amounts more regularly. Which adds up to more spend overall!

The point is this, it has refreshed their interest in a game that was gradually finding its way to the bottom of the list of games to play. Now they look forward to each monthly reset on the challenges.

Unfortunately, it has not weaned them off Fortnite, and V bucks aren't getting any cheaper!!

I agree, I understand it's a free to play game and they want people to spend money on something to help support their continued efforts. But as you mentioned the current cost of boosts is too high to risk spending real money on. I was recently part of my first 700% boosted loot game and was killed in 13 seconds. Had this cost me real money I would have probably needed a new controller too. This game has  a ton of potential and with any luck they will continue to help it evolve.

I agree, but If 155 crowns had only cost $1.99 (as opposed to $4.99), would you have felt better about it?

My point being:-

1. Spending $4.99 gives you 5 boosts (plus 5 crowns), that's basically $1.00 per loot boost per encounter.

if you average encounter lasts 10 minutes, you're potentially spending @$6.00 per hour of game play. Not exorbitant you may think, but after a 4 hour session, say 5 days of the week and adding a loot boost to every other encounter, you could be @$60 out of pocket!

2. If the cost of 155 crowns was $1.99 you would be parting with $2.40 per hour of game play. that's basically $0.40 per loot boost per encounter! In comparison to the above that's a total of $24

Forgetting about total spend for a minute, I know which equation would make me not even think about adding a loot boost ..

Not going to mention boosting crates, as for 50% more cost, and the uncertainty of actually getting the crate, it's not for me!

If 3 times more outlanders agreed with the above and purchased cheaper crowns, Vigor generates more funding overall!!

Hi Azzkicker,

Just thinking about your 700% boost encounter. There would be too much loot in that encounter for everyone to carry. Can't think why someone would kill you. For a weapon they would probably deconstruct, and a few bullets! 

Any views from other outlanders re cheaper crowns?

12 minutes ago, Oldninja said:

Any views from other outlanders re cheaper crowns?

honestly, i dont think the devs should change anything, if anything lower the cost of the crowns by like 2% but really....... what other games can you play that are free to play with micro transactions........ where the devs literally give you a way to farm the hard in game currency, give it away as daily challanges, gives it away in supple crates, gives away weapon skins and cosmetics in the supply crates...... we get more than any free to play games get and i think we need to be happy with that. The matter of the point is, really boosters arent needed, i have maybe boosted 4 games my self max, and usually more often than not 1 or 2 people will boost the match anyways. i have been playing the game for 6 days now, and my shelter is at 140 improvements. every other free to play game, the only way you get hard in game currency, is by buying a battle pass and maybe earning what your spent back. 

Valid point Bryon.

The game is pretty generous in providing free crowns.

I pointed out the cost verses income issue as a way of encouraging more outlanders to boost, while potentially providing more income for development. But I accept your point of view, if your patient, a couple of outlanders boosting per encounter provides plenty of loot.

As there have been a few recent comments re cost of crowns. Thought I would resurrect this thread for any further comment on the rational for cheaper crowns.

I definitely think crowns should be lowered to at least 500 for $5.00... Just over 310 just doesn't cut it for me.  I think if they lowered their prices they'd sell more.

So it hit me this weekend.  I think I saw an in-game beenie sometime this past week for over 500 crowns.  Maybe 560 crowns.  So if you have no crowns at all, that would cost you $20 for two $10/310 crown packs.  I'm sorry, but that's just insane.  $20 for an in-game beenie is just f'n nuts.  I bought one with the crowns that I had left over from the starter pack not even realizing how much I was actually spending.  I mean, beanies IRL on Amazon are like $5.  I could see spending a dollar or two, but come on.  The starter pack rates seemed about right at 500 crowns for $10 and a bunch of in-game skins ($5 for 500 crowns and $5 for 5 skins.)  Stick with that price range and I might spend some more money, but right now, in-game prices are insane.

Also, I was getting a lot of challenges for green, blue, and purple chests.  This past week or so, the challenges have just been for resources.  Is that something that happens for people when they first start Vigor, or have the devs just adjusted the rewards for fewer chests via challenges for everyone?

Hi Gargantucon,

The challenges seem to rotate, I had five days of loot challenges then 3 days of crown and crate challenges, I'm now on a mix of both which is better.

I think the devs cannot adjust the prices of crowns overnight, and i doubt they will lower the prices too but what i can see them doing is lowering everything you buy and use crowns for by 2/3.

Which would change up loot chances costing 10 crowns instead of 30, 15 for the drop and 20 for insurance. Pretty much putting a permanant 66% off on all ingame crown purchases would make eveeything better all without reducing the price on crowns

Hi SCF,

I think you have a valid point. Dropping the price would tick off outlanders who had paid previously.

Giving more for the crowns as you suggest might do the same, but not be so bad.

Maybe a 'sale period' to test the principle.

@SCF SHARP SHOTEither way is a means to the same end... I could live with 10 crown boosts but right now like I said, prices for in-game hats and what-not are insane.  I could never bring myself to spend $20 on a measly skin item like a hat... maybe if they developed a set of gear or items where the proceeds went to disaster recovery and aid, but not otherwise.

I forgot to mention the 66% percent off affects hats ands skins as well, picture paying 100 for a fancy gun skin instead of like 300

All the above comments make sense.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, $1 a loot boost &$1.50 a crate boost is a considered decision, which a lot of outlanders will baulk at. If it was $0.40 & $0.60, I for one wouldn't think twice about applying boosts for either.

Would like some more outlanders to have their say.

Would you buy more and boost more if 155 crowns cost $1.99 instead of $4.99?

On 9/1/2019 at 8:17 AM, Bryon K Guenther said:

honestly, i dont think the devs should change anything, if anything lower the cost of the crowns by like 2% but really....... what other games can you play that are free to play with micro transactions........ where the devs literally give you a way to farm the hard in game currency, give it away as daily challanges, gives it away in supple crates, gives away weapon skins and cosmetics in the supply crates...... we get more than any free to play games get and i think we need to be happy with that. The matter of the point is, really boosters arent needed, i have maybe boosted 4 games my self max, and usually more often than not 1 or 2 people will boost the match anyways. i have been playing the game for 6 days now, and my shelter is at 140 improvements. every other free to play game, the only way you get hard in game currency, is by buying a battle pass and maybe earning what your spent back. 

Crossout by Gaijin and Targem Games. You LITERALLY NEVER NEED TO SPEND A DIME. Now, it's grindy and has a huge learning curve and it takes a long time to get to the best stuff....but its free, entertaining if you like Twisted Metal meets Chrome Hounds meets real life Lego building. Give it a try. 

On 8/29/2019 at 3:33 PM, Azzkicker527 said:

I am really loving this game but any encounters without loot boosts are pretty slim compared to even a two level boost. I had a challenge that earned me 160 crowns, but I had to use 5 boosts to get it. So I spend at least 150 to get back 160. Not much of a reward, granted the idea is to trigger others into increasing the loot level but with crowns being so limited on their gain this doesn't happen much.

The shelter gains are pretty sad, you start at 10 per day and the max is just over 20 for 12 levels! Not even enough to boost one match per day? The shelter gains should at least be 30 per day to start and increase to at least double if not triple when fully leveled.

Maybe add more challenges for crowns (that don't ask you to use them to get them) or even add them as obtainable loot during an encounter. It'd be great to loot random car and get 18 crowns or so.

http://How Game Companies Trick you with Psychology and Micro Transactions

I feel your pain. There is some lawyer, accountant and financial planner sitting in a room who came up with this company's "Perfect Recipe" for how much Crowns should cost, what amount to give to entice you and ultimately keep you HOOKED,Obviously they need to charge us something to operate the business and earn cash. I'm not saying that's bad perse, but I AM SAYING, no matter what you say, how much you beg, how many valid and tangible reasons you give a company that their currency cost too much IRL money, YOU WILL LOSE THE ARGUMENT. They are LOCKED IN on what those analysts and advisors tell them to charge. It might as well be written in stone. They don't care. They won't budge till it's a desperate situation for them financially. 

The only way to get them to lower prices is to stop buying anything from them. But we do...so they don't move.