Sign in to follow this  
disasterbator

AI around player-placed buildings?

I'm working on a mission in Arma 3 and I've been running into an issue with the games AI.

In the mission, the player is in a helicopter. One of the objectives is for a player to help an AI ground team clear a small enemy base. The player can clear the base by themselves from the helicopter, but the AI ground team doesn't do much. They're run up to the base I made in editor, which has walls and two entrances which are large enough for units to move through, then just stand there. At most, they'll use the outer walls as cover but won't go into it. If they aren't in combat, they'll just stand outside the base while their move marker is inside it.

Is there a way to fix this? Something I can tweak with the AI or the base walls to make the AI recognize that they can go into it?

@disasterbator,

That's a unique handle.

"... which has walls and two entrances..."

Upload screenshots from the editor 3D worldview and Map.

12 hours ago, wogz187 said:

@disasterbator,

That's a unique handle.

"... which has walls and two entrances..."

Upload screenshots from the editor 3D worldview and Map.

Here are a few screenshots: Top-downs, each gate, etc. My best guess would be the signs. Even guerrilla fighters can be law abiding citizens, yeah?

zTrm406.png

tIJp0fR.png

wg4ncqD.png

Cff5gMK.png

TMyqrvh.png

• Thanks 1

@disasterbator,

If you want to check if the walls are the problem, highlight a bunch of them, right-click on the selected group of walls in the left-side panel and choose "Attributes" and under "object special states" uncheck "show object". This will hide some of the wall temporarily and remove it from the AI path consideration.

The AI is too smart to go in there. It's a death-trap.

I figured it out everyone. Thank you for the ideas.

I'm not sure how the AI brain works, maybe my guerrilla fighters were all prior Navy, which would explain their preference for using the back door. The can't seem to use the larger vehicle entrance in the front, but they pass through the staggered, smaller doorway at the rear of the base.

• Haha 2