when i started playing and it still happens now, there are loads of people just waiting at exit points for you to kill you whie you vault/ climb a ladder, basicly at moments you cant pull out a gun. they stay there to let other gather stuff and go for easy kills. this is killing the new playerbase because if this keeps happening to them and they keep losing everything they just stop playing. i would recomend making those area's gun free, also once you go in there you cant go back, or make it when a person is in the area of the exit ex: behind a rock or op a ledge where they cant been seen from unless you vault or climb the ladder) make it that they are spotted if they stay in the area after 10 sec, moving should not refresh the timer. this should help people know when there is a lame ass waiting for them at a point and so they can go somewhere else where there isnt one. they should be spotted on the map for everyone to.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. It’s really annoying having to battle and scavenge the entire Encounter only to be cheap shot by some asshole camping behind a rock near the exit points. Pretty much destroys any tactical gameplay.

I don't like them either but it's part of the game. Learn to deal with it. Approach more cautiously and avoid exits near the drop zone. Also why anyone in their right mind would use the exit with the ladder is beyond me. You pretty much have to expect to get shot there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Use the signal tower when you can so you know where people are. Radiation takes a long time to come in even after the crate drops. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Annoying it may be, but it's a game of tactics. Adapt.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Nathaniel James said:

Use the signal tower when you can so you know where people are. Radiation takes a long time to come in even after the crate drops. 

This good advice. I generally won't go for a crate without having used the tower at least once in the match. The game seems to play around with spawn patterns. Sometimes entire sections of the map will be empty.

The aiming is so off, like terribly off. I would have sent you guys a video but its always way over the allotted amount. I am unable to complete most of the firing range challenges due to this issue, not to mention that you can't hold your breath to focus the reticle. The shotgun doesn't even reload when you start the challenges either like its does with every other gun. The game is good,but this aiming is going to turn people away 

It is part of the game. When I first downloaded the game and it started happening I was just as frustrated as the next new person playing. After some time and understanding the game more, it is really just strategy. There are multiple exits and a signal detector. The radiation wave does not move fast so you can potentially scavenge, reach a signal detector and plan your exit strategy after the timer goes off. This is not a run and gun game, strategize and exit the encounter.

• Like 1

Campers in general are annoying, the bushes and tree coverage can be so thick that i expect certain death! When traversing the forest aha, does anybody else feel the same?

Too much focus on this subject for me.

It's all part of the game, so get on with it and don't make it easy for campers.

If I have a kill challenge, I'm going to camp, try and kill outlanders to get my reward. If I have a loot challenge, I'm going to loot and stay out of the way of other outlanders. If I want to build improvements, depending on the map I land on I'm either going to loot or let other outlanders loot and try and take them out at an exit.

All totally legit and honourable tactics.

Tactics I've used.

Always leave yourself a full sprint bar for when you get close to the exit. It's much harder to shoot a sprinting target that bobs and weaves.

If you choose the ladder at Grontheim, take a look around before you get the top of the second ladder.

Don't necessarily run to the closest exit.

Use the signal locator prior to taking the crate to highlight any likely campers.

Hopefully, we can have less complaining and more adapting.

• Like 1

I'll admit the first 5 games I played I spent the whole time wandering around the immediate area around the exit point getting my bearings. Didn't know anything about drops, locator or barred house. Short story long, first games I spent camping the exit waiting for the mouse to come to me rather than me chance the mouse. I've been on the receiving end of this strategy and I've found that if you just keep sprinting instead of fighting back, 90% of the time you'll be able to make it to the extraction zone successfully. Adapt and overcome. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 12:54 PM, Nathaniel James said:

Agreed. Ive been a victim of being killed at an exit but what's the difference between camping exits and camping crates or objectives? All are legitimate strategies. The object of the game is to SURVIVE the match and get out with your weapons and loot. You have to play smart and use any advantage you can get.

If you get killed by an exit, great. Now you know where people can camp and you can look out for them next time. That camping player just taught you a valuable lesson. 😉

Edited by Derk Cas
Misspelling
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 8:33 AM, Oldninja said:

Too much focus on this subject for me.

It's all part of the game, so get on with it and don't make it easy for campers.

If I have a kill challenge, I'm going to camp, try and kill outlanders to get my reward. If I have a loot challenge, I'm going to loot and stay out of the way of other outlanders. If I want to build improvements, depending on the map I land on I'm either going to loot or let other outlanders loot and try and take them out at an exit.

All totally legit and honourable tactics.

Tactics I've used.

Always leave yourself a full sprint bar for when you get close to the exit. It's much harder to shoot a sprinting target that bobs and weaves.

If you choose the ladder at Grontheim, take a look around before you get the top of the second ladder.

Don't necessarily run to the closest exit.

Use the signal locator prior to taking the crate to highlight any likely campers.

Hopefully, we can have less complaining and more adapting.

can we play sometime, we have alot of the same thoughts hahahaha, but i agree, this is the first game i haven't gotten mad about campers, because its literally part of this, you have to think in a survival apocalyptic scenario, if you had to do what you had to do to stay alive, so be it, thats why you cant bitch about teaming in solos, they have emotes like the wave and it saying "Hey!" for a reason, building alliances is a thing of this situation, killing your partner and being a greedy shit, is part of the scenario, these are all tactics that get you further in the game, EXCLAIMER I DONT CONDONE TEAM KILLING! AND IF YOU DO IT IN MY LOBBY I WILL COME KNIFE YOU! ( in the game that is obviously )  but i bet when shit hits the fan in real life all these things will happen and theres no " omg hes camping there" because youd be dead, use your head, the game is realistic ( in some cases ) so like oldninja said, you gotta adapt, this isnt an RNG respawn shooter, its a looter shooter, if you are worried about dieing, go to the furthest exit from everything, even if the radiation is there, it will hurt your eyes, but even in the middle of the cloud you can last a pretty long time ( i tested to see but didnt time so i dont have an exact time for you guys )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Send me your gamer tag and I'll drop you an invite.

Exit campers are the reason why I quit this game. It’s a toxic move and will kill off this games player base quicker than the bugs and glitches. It’s one thing to die while getting the loot crate, I expect that fight but having some cheese ball player camp the exit and kill you after you’ve ran around for 12 minutes collecting mats, lame. Fun game otherwise. Too bad people who can’t play ruin it for everyone else.

Shame you feel that way.

All outlanders use different tactics dependent on the map, the airdrop site and other factors. Camping is a perfectly legit tactic. Read the other posts in this thread, there are ways to combat campers. Use them, adapt and get on with it.

Apologies for appearing abrupt, but would you pass up the chance of an easy kill for a full inventory? 

All I got from your reply was “ blah blah blah I’m a dirty exit camper”. I’ve previously read all the comments here. I know how to combat the exit camper strategy. 2 out of 3 times I can escape them or kill them. When I do kill the dirty ingrates they generally don’t have very much in their inventories. This tells me they lack any real skill in the game. They are too afraid to go out and get the stuff cause they know they suck. So they hide in a pine tree waiting for a real player to come along and try to scum kill them. Can I block the exit camper? Steel sharpens steel. I only want to play with skilled players. I’m tired of wasting my bullets on dirt lol.

All I got from your reply was “booo hooo whine cry , i’m so sad a dirty exit camper took my gold crate”

Lol

Hi iwant,

I'm afraid no outlanders are going to get out of your way and make encounters easy for you. It's about getting off the map with as much as you can, be that after 1 minute, 10 minutes or anytime in between. If you can kill another outlander' in the process, wherever that may be on the map, then of course your going to do it and take their stuff.

After all it is a survival scenario. 

I climed the ladder one time after fighting on the bottom and killing the carrier of the package.  Then I thought I was safe lol. Little did I know he was kneeling at the top of ladder and killed me and took everything.  I loved this move.  Who the heck has that much restraint.  To sit there while people are fighting right below.  Cheers to him and now I never exit there.  I learned from my mistake.  

Maybe part of the game but still should be reworked.  Can’t ever really make it out as groups just group camp exits. I just stopped playing. Problem solved.  

13 hours ago, LisaMaria said:

Maybe part of the game but still should be reworked.  Can’t ever really make it out as groups just group camp exits. I just stopped playing. Problem solved.  

When I run with the crate, theres an exit camper like 1/5 times, and from that, i get killed like 1/4 of the time. Theres only so few great camping spots, when you learn them, you can scout them by sneaking & flanking because 99% of the time they are expecting you to run straight to the exit like headless chicken. The biggest secret is NOT TO run to the nearest exit, but carefully plan your exit route before you take the crate. Or you can just kill everyone nearby (signal detector comes very handy with this strategy) before even getting the crate (works best in duo lobbies with a friend).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1