grimwald

How to use localize and stringtables in createtask modules?

I have been looking for about a week and must be asking the question the wrong way since my results are zero. I want to use the createtask module from Eden with localize and stringtables in the description and other user-facing text fields. How to use localize and stringtables in createtask modules?

TLDR; what is syntax for localize in the createtask modules (if it's possible)? @Zipper5 -- tagged you because I read you wrote the framework.

syntax for "localize" is the same everywhere, its a script command that returns the localized string.

Though if you can't enter a script, then using localize won't work for you.

• Haha 1

That was a nice burn at the end, there. Props.

Have you actually tried using localize in the Description or Title fields of a CreateTask Module?
Your response reads as you assuming they just work but you actually have never done it.

7 minutes ago, grimwald said:

Have you actually tried using localize in the Description or Title fields of a CreateTask Module?

I don't know what "CreateTask Module" is, but most text input fields that expect a human readable text don't accept scripts.

If just putting the localized strings name (STR_....) there doesn't work, then it probably simply doesn't support it.

12 hours ago, Dedmen said:

If just putting the localized strings name (STR_....) there doesn't work

It works

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It automatically localizes Description and Title. Thanks @killzone_kid

Basically I did too much by trying to localize it when it is done by the CreateTask module/system. The burn was deserved, I suppose. @Dedmen