Sign in to follow this  
weilwegenlogik

Terrain builder crashing upon saving project / library

Hello and thanks in advance.

I was trying to edit my map today, and when I tried to save it, it crashed.

No changes have been made, except I cut out 2 objects from the map. (no changes to the library have been made)

I googled my problem, and some thread on this forum said it would be helpful to save all libraries and try to save the project again then.

All libraries we're okay, until I tried to save the a3 library. I then updated the a3 files with a3p from Mikero's Tools. I also tried removing all a3 objects including the template and then save the project, but it did crash on me again.

Unfortunately my dumb ass has not created any backup save files.

Is there a way to fix this error?

Here's my rpt log. (https://pastebin.com/Evj4C399)

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Most likely have a dup in your template library.

Make a new project and import each one from your old project. Save after each one until it crashes so you know which one is broke. 

Or just remake them and always click cancel when it says it has found duplicates

• Like 1

@RoF first off all thank you for your answer.

I have two issues / questions.

1. How did I get a duplicate in the first place if I haven't changed anything in the libraries.

2. Is there any other way to check for possible duplicates.

3. My terrain builder is crashing when I remove libraries (not just specifically one)

You using any mods?

You sure you haven't added anything to library.

Check your TemplateLibs folder, it will be where you saved your terrain builder project to. Most people have it in source\TerrainBuilder\TemplateLibs, TB doesn't always delete the files if you have removed some in the past

Not entirely sure, but even if, then I'm sure it's nothing that I've had in there before.

If you mean for example the emoglobinsky buildings by mods, then yes I am using a lot of them.

I've redone the whole template section now, for that, I have deleted all templates out of the TmeplateLibs folder.

Imported every template back into terrain builder, canceled every duplicate.

Now I'm having the problem, that when I'm trying to import the object, that I've previously exported, that I get this TxDialog something error and all the objects are getting placed but are just dark somehow.

39 minutes ago, weilwegenlogik said:

Now I'm having the problem, that when I'm trying to import the object, that I've previously exported, that I get this TxDialog something error and all the objects are getting placed but are just dark somehow. 

txDialog error means you don't have an object your are trying to import in your template library.

Are the objects dark in buldozer? That means you have the file paths wrong. Extract mods using extractpbo.

open command prompt and type:

extractpbo "path\to\mod" P:\

you can't just place mods where you want

I've placed them exactly where they have been before. No changes have been made at all. All I did was remove all libraries and re-added them.

Is the textures missing? If yes, then you extracted them wrong

yeah but if they are black in buldozer (not TB) that means you extracted them wrong to start with

But they weren't before..
What I'm saying is. I had a whole working map, didn't make a single change and now it's all messed up.

Did you make the map? Or is it source files you downloaded?

48 minutes ago, weilwegenlogik said:

It was a source-released map which I've been editing over the past few weeks.

Ah you're on your own then I'm afraid, most of the source files stuff released are really broken. Stuff like Kelleys Island / Jackson County are well known for being full of issues.

Sorry I can't be of much help, but the people who made it could of done any number of things wrong.

Good luck with it through

Thank you, but I'm wondering, why this has happened just now. I know the map was really broken, I partially fixed it and then it just didn't work without doing a change anymore?

Do Arma 3 objects show ok?

If mods have no textures then they are setup wrong like I said. File paths are hard coded you can't just put them anyway