avibird 1

Best air ordinance to use to allow air units to engage foot units.

Yes we all know that AI pilot air vehicles have limited ability to engage plain foot soldiers on the map. Foot units would have to aggressively shoot at the vehicles to force engagement. I don't know if it has anything to do with the hard code in priority of the units. For example if a group of units have a AA soldier the group is more likely to be engaged. If the group has a light vehicle it will increase the probability as the vehicle goes up in armor the probability increases but still limited. 

With the dynamic layout we now can change the types of weapons and ammunition air vehicles have with an easy click of a button. I've been doing some testing to see which weapons are best to increase the probability that the air vehicles will engage foot units. Guided weapons with the new radar system has a less probability to engage foot units noted from my testing. Unguided weapon like Dar Dagr mini guns twin cannons ECT show a better probability of engagement for my testing for foot units with no armor attached. 

I don't really see a difference when  I enable the electronics and sensors on the vehicles such as date link send date link receive date link position and emission control active. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate it. @GEORGE FLOROS GR gave me a code snippet for air vehicles to be a little more aggressive but I don't really see much of a change in aggressiveness. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate it. @GEORGE FLOROS GR gave me a code snippet for air vehicles to be a little more aggressive but I don't really see much of a change in aggressiveness. 

Have you also add the setCombatMode to red ?

as for the missiles etc,i don't know if they will use any in infantry ( in their default behaviour ) .

• Like 1

allUnits apply {plane reveal [_x,4];};

go into editor spawn a plane and give it a name of plane, place SAD waypoint and spawn some troops. start the game and paste the code into debug. boom

• Like 1

once revealed maybe place a LaserTargetW on the pos of current target so ai have additional opportunities to fire missiles, bombs. never tried this but should work. hint macer missles are infrared. scalpel, dagr and GBU12 are laser guilded.

_lasers = missionnamespace getvariable ["SAVEDLASERS",[]]; 
{ 
_target = _x; 
_laser = "LaserTargetW" createVehicle position _target; 
_laser attachto [_target, [0,0,1]]; 
_lasers pushback [_laser,_target]; 
}foreach (allunits select {(side _x) == east});  
missionnamespace setvariable ["SAVEDLASERS",_lasers];

//to delete
{
_laser=_x select 0;
_unit=_x select 1;