Thanks to RiverX and Yax for letting us test the interaction framework used in their UH-60. The Phrog uses a much simplified interaction system, intended for Standard Flight Model users. Current interactive switches on a panel can operate the engine, ramp, side door, light, formation light and winch attachment. The framework is currently in private beta. See for your self:

To get more information on the framework and the UH-60:

Cheers,
TeTeT

• Like 1

Hello,

we've updated the CH-46 with another development build. We added three basic skins, that will hopefully be improved upon subsequent releases: navy used, navy rescue and nam. Next the upper rear hatch was added and is operable. The AFM authover was fixed, the helo is no longer drifting. Unfortunately it still has a forward movement when taking off in AFM, we hope to fix that too. A readme spreadsheet was added and is in the docs directory as well as in the addons to be found. Support for the interaction framework which is still in close beta has been added as well. Thanks to londo on the hard work on the helicopter and Rugama for the AFM autohover fix.

Enjoy,
TeTeT

Mirrors:

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=35434

Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1843698

Edited by TeTeT
armaholic mirror updated
  • Like 4

TeTeT,In one of the last versions you guys had the sound class entries from the UH-80.If you look thru the Huron config,in the sound class entries there is a sound/setup for the ramp.Just thought I should. mention it in case it got overlooked.

Thanks guys.

7E6443E223076050B933807B60935BE539464B52Hello all, I m back and I m working on a base texture for the CH46D together with some improvements to the 3d model. This mod has taken some crazy turns and this is just another one. 😄

Edited by odyseus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

first basic texture for the intake filter

65902DD0ACB88ADBC6D5DBA8E97D223EC49143F0

One more update as far as textures. Here it is hope u guys like this is an initial texture for the exhaust something basic. Will start working on a basic normal map and material tonight. I hope to have something by the end of this month. Have a great day!

CE015D5B45F653870D7770CE97BF401701C69151

Already looking like a Phrog 😄

78E8A4B3D27F0437F2CCA486F2BC0EA4939FFE68

• Like 4

Thanks to GetTrippy, Cpt Zimecki and Superfastblast for sharing the hoist script. These are first tests with it on the CH-46. Enjoy.

• Like 8

the airframe and cockpit of the helo looks like it has some damage texture applied, is that intentional? good job on the script tho!

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 2:41 PM, Chairborne said:

the airframe and cockpit of the helo looks like it has some damage texture applied, is that intentional? good job on the script tho!

The textures are very basic and the damaged look should resemble a used look ... so it's very much unintentional.

• Like 2

Hello,

we just pushed out the update for the CH-46 adding the hoist, winch and rescuebasket system. We hope you enjoy this addition:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1843698134

Add hoist and winch system

- hoist script initially created by Get Trippy, Cpt Zimecki, Superfastblast
- use deploy basket from pilot/co-pilot/left and right door gunner position

• Like 3

Many thanks for this. It's clear a  lot of time and work has been put into this mod. 

Had a quick look at this in the editor. Just a thought for single player mostly but I do realize this would be way too complicated, yet would be nice to have though, is an option similar to  'Advanced Pickup Rope' by Dash, where if you are a unit below the helicopter you can request a rope, the helicopter will then proceed to pick you up, and then you can give the helicopter waypoints this is with using 'Advanced AI Command' by Duda, very useful for  'air - sea rescue' scenarios. 

One other point, again for single player mostly and using 'Advanced AI command', unfortunately when you are the pilot this time and deploy - lower the basket, you are unable to assign units to get in the basket as the basket does not appear as a vehicle in the map. Of course these points are just 'nice-to-haves'. 

Again, many thanks for creating this awesome helicopter to use in Arma.

A module to make the helicopter go and pick up a player at a position and lower basket and RTB?  Thank you.

Great to see the SAR paint job, is there a way to get it in the editor without editing the mission.sqm with                 textures="ttt_ch46_rescue";

On 3/26/2020 at 3:54 AM, vengeance1 said:

Great to see the SAR paint job, is there a way to get it in the editor without editing the mission.sqm with                 textures="ttt_ch46_rescue";

Should be possible via 'Edit vehicle appearance' from Eden. That's how I did it for the SAR missions.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 9:27 AM, TeTeT said:

Another mission, two SAR tasks wait for you on Tanoa. Use the basket to rescue people at sea:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2023199139

This requires downloading a massive sound file mod.

Is there any chance that you would do a rescue mission that doesn't require downloading the sound file mod?

10 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

This requires downloading a massive sound file mod.

Is there any chance that you would do a rescue mission that doesn't require downloading the sound file mod?

Sure, the sound mod was intended to be optional, gonna fix the mission for Tanoa soon.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2030960722 is the very same mission from the USS Freedom on Altis, no sound mods required.

• Like 2

Thank you, are there any plans to make the SAR and Vietnam separate class names? I ask this because if you want to use ALiVE Transport Support Module you can only enter a Class Name for the vehicle leaving no way to get the SAR paint job that I can figure out.  However the Alive Transport Module does have a "Code" line but I have no idea how to use it for textures.

Thanks,

2 hours ago, vengeance1 said:

Thank you, are there any plans to make the SAR and Vietnam separate class names? I ask this because if you want to use ALiVE Transport Support Module you can only enter a Class Name for the vehicle leaving no way to get the SAR paint job that I can figure out.  However the Alive Transport Module does have a "Code" line but I have no idea how to use it for textures.

Thanks,

Sure, we can add the vietnam and sar variants as hidden classes to the mod, should be no biggie.

• Like 1

Hello,

I've updated the CH-46 with the following minor changes:

- Add hidden SAR and Nam classes
- Shadow lod of basket fixed by Jamo

The added class names are:

• ttt_ch46d_sar - Search and Rescue textures
  • ttt_ch46d_nam - Vietnam textures

Enjoy!

TeTeT

• Like 3

Works Great! as ALiVE Transport Rescue on Nimtz!

Thanks,

Vengeance

With today's (2020-04-26) update the rescue basket got improved textures by David (https://steamcommunity.com/id/DavidsteamNL/).

Further the rescue basket passenger is now in cargo and no longer driver, so ACE and other systems can load injured into the basket.

Lastly an option to enter the basket from the helo has been added.

Enjoy,
TeTeT

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2