[qip] BFT is born out of the idea to rewrite a BFT script into a Mod and ending up writing it almost completely from scratch.

Thankfully there is an open and helping community which made that possible.

BFT (Blufor Tracking or Blue Force Tracking) shows friendly units on a map. In this case this would be the map, GPS or any

other device which can display local markers. It's up to you what you want to track, almost everything is configurable.

Features:

• completely configurable with CBA settings
  • group tracking for own faction, friendly factions and civilians
  • dynamic diplomacy updates, show units based on the friend state
  • group details on group icon hover
  • unit tracking for own Group
  • unit life state for several medical mods/scripts and vanilla
  • unit assigned team color

Dependencies:

• CBA_A3
  • ACE3 (optional)

Screenshots:

overview.jpg own_group.jpg

own_group_with_teamcolors.jpg injured_unconscious.jpg

Links:

And for all of you developers out there PR's are welcome.

It is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

thank you!

would suggest to link some images and a demo video though to make it easier to grasp for those not familiar with BFT

7 hours ago, .kju said:

thank you!

would suggest to link some images and a demo video though to make it easier to grasp for those not familiar with BFT

Screenshots were definitely planned and should be ready over the weekend, I have to see if I have time for a video ^^

• Thanks 1

Added screenshots hopefully they are helpful.
Currently I am working on adding the tao folding map to the mod Issue #1

• Thanks 1

G'day Mate,

Just stumbled across this as I was looking for a more customizable BFT to use for my community. I'd like to ask some questions about the mod if you are still around?

Cheers

16 hours ago, LJFox said:

G'day Mate,

Just stumbled across this as I was looking for a more customizable BFT to use for my community. I'd like to ask some questions about the mod if you are still around?

Cheers

still alive and kickin, shoot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome to see you are still around,

The first question that sort of leads into everything else is:

• How are you detecting what icons are used for different units? (e.g. Infantry, Helicopter, Motorized, etc.)

The remainder are requests based off the answer you give for above:

• Is it a bug or intentional for the marker to no be on the group leaders position but off to the side?
  • Would it be possible to change those icons to another whilst playing, similar to the same system that ACE uses for Team Management in the Self Interaction Menu?
  • Would it be possible to change the colour of the icons to another whilst playing, similar to the same system that ACE uses for Team Management in the Self Interaction Menu?

Cheers Mate

On 4/19/2020 at 10:20 AM, LJFox said:

Awesome to see you are still around,

The first question that sort of leads into everything else is:

• How are you detecting what icons are used for different units? (e.g. Infantry, Helicopter, Motorized, etc.)

The remainder are requests based off the answer you give for above:

• Is it a bug or intentional for the marker to no be on the group leaders position but off to the side?
  • Would it be possible to change those icons to another whilst playing, similar to the same system that ACE uses for Team Management in the Self Interaction Menu?
  • Would it be possible to change the colour of the icons to another whilst playing, similar to the same system that ACE uses for Team Management in the Self Interaction Menu?

Cheers Mate

Currently the colors are hardcoded but I try to change the ace colors to use the ace variables (ace_nametags_nametagColor*) so they will be affected by a change too.

If you have wishes that can easily added I will try my best.

Cheers

Thanks mate for the explaination, I was looking over your code, can't believe I missed those 2.

Would it be possible to change the Group Icon as well as give it a new colour to something else via ACE self interact?

It should be possible to change the color but there are two limitations to that, one you can only use https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgMarkerColors 

(or CfgMarkerColors from Mods) and second since they represent by default the faction colors in my opinion it should have an addon option to be disabled by the

server or mission maker. So to make it useful, we would need to have the colors to choose from defined somewhere like in

https://github.com/quies-in-proelium/qipBFT/blob/master/addons/bft/CfgMarkerColors.hpp

Changing the Icon is almost the same problematic we would have to define a list of the the icons to choose from that are needed.

Oh and all markers are local markers so the change would only apply to the client that changed it.

I am not a programmer so there might be other better ways.

Hmmm, I didn't even think about locality, it's probably one of the reasond why my simple attempts in the past have failed.

Much appreciated for everything mate