Sign in to follow this  
Airforce987

Grontheim Parkour

Just downloaded Vigor on Xbox today and have been having a lot of fun so far! Having said that, one of my early encounter matches had me playing on Grontheim, in which I managed to get a few kills and a backpack full of loot. I hear the warning for radiation and decide to get out. So I take a look at the map for the nearest exit and see theres one pretty close to me, and I head for it. It's some ladders up a cliff, no big deal! I'll be totally exposed to anyone heading this way too, but I don't really have any other options because there aren't any alternative exits nearby. I get up to the top and see theres a bit of the bridge missing. Ok, so parkour it is. Get a running start and make it over. I'm in the clear! Nope. Theres a second jump. Alright, you made the first one, now just do it again, right? WRONG. I clip the rockface and fall down to the bottom, taking a big chunk of my health with it. Dammit. Ok let's try that again. Repeat process. Fail on same jump again. Ow, cannot mess up this time. Repeat. Fail for a third time and die, lose all my loot. 

The hitbox on the 2nd jump is too damn wide. 

Anyone else have issues with that spot or is it just me being a noob/scrub?

Hi Airforce,

Agree, it can be frustrating and risky. I have used encounters just to practise getting out from that exit. I think it adds a little more risk and anxiety to the game. As you say, it can be risky climbing, but I've only been taken out once on the first ladder and never on the second in many months of play.