iGotNothingJPEG

Mouse and Keyboard support?

Hi Merc,

I'm interested to learn more about your comment re fine tuning the settings. I've tried numerous combinations, but have not managed to find a combination that works noticeably better than the default settings.

Are you prepared to share your settings. Fully understand if you don't feel it's appropriate.

I have no problem sharing my settings, the problem is that there will be a possibility you will have to unlearn the way you aim right now and create a complete new way of aiming using a controller. Setting also depend on the size of your screen. A smaller screen requires less joystick movement to turn then a large screen. A large screen is easier to get precision aim on target.

Turn acceleration messes with the brain when suddenly changed, a lot of players think faster is always better but they just swipe over targets without even noticing them. A 180 turn then a nice killshot seems amazing, but even for MnK users it's in their settings and when no fine aim is requires.

In conclusion, I might be able to help, but there is a good chance other people won't be able to het used to different settings when they already tought themself how to play trough the default settings.

Again as someone who plays both PC and console games.....you will never set a thumbstick controller to the level of MnK.  The ability to have ZERO thumbstick acceleration on MnK means that aiming is super fluid and pinpoint accurate.  I can also change the DPI on my mouse instantly so that actions like ADS or scoped aiming is incredibly easy.  There is ALWAYS a dead zone on all controller thumb sticks. That means true back and forth aiming always has a slower response rate than keyboard movement.  You can also instantly change your perspective direction.  This means instant 180 degree direction changes that take almost a 1/5th of a  second for most controller users. 

You can fine tune your settings, but there is a reason that computers us MnK as a user interface and not a controller apparatus.  

This is not the first time a topic ended into the whole MnK is better conversation. 

Mouse also had a sensitivity setting.

I can set my controller exactly how I want it. Thumbsticks are pressure sensitive sinse like 2 console generations ago. I dont even have to change anything to make scoped aiming super easy. The fact that some people just slam their controller around to move doesn't make it sub-par to a MnK.

Acceleration of the thumbstick movement of a controller can be changed.

Dead zone on thumbsticks can be changed.

Thumbsticks make it so much easier to stay on target then a mouse does.

These days PC players aren't the only ones with fancy mouse and keyboards that change how it reacts with a press of a button..

I have to admit that I also always felt MnK was superior to a controller.

However in reality this is a thing we kept telling each other and believed it after we said it often enough.

I have been playing on my PC with controller and now that we have the cross play option it is proven that both MnK and controller play have their own advantages. It's all about the user. 

(Lets also be clear that the first thing I do when I play a new shooter on a console is fine tuning my settings and turn off aim-assist.)

The reason pc uses a MnK and not a controller is because it is designed for it from the start.. Have to say this last bit is the most ingnorant weapon I have seen being used in this ancient battle.

The only reason I dislike cross-play or the idea of playing Vigor with MnK is because the PC players feel superior up to toxic levels. No need to be part of this circle jerk.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MercWarlord said:

This is not the first time a topic ended into the whole MnK is better conversation. 

Mouse also had a sensitivity setting.

I can set my controller exactly how I want it. Thumbsticks are pressure sensitive sinse like 2 console generations ago. I dont even have to change anything to make scoped aiming super easy. The fact that some people just slam their controller around to move doesn't make it sub-par to a MnK.

Acceleration of the thumbstick movement of a controller can be changed.

Dead zone on thumbsticks can be changed.

Thumbsticks make it so much easier to stay on target then a mouse does.

These days PC players aren't the only ones with fancy mouse and keyboards that change how it reacts with a press of a button..

I have to admit that I also always felt MnK was superior to a controller.

However in reality this is a thing we kept telling each other and believed it after we said it often enough.

I have been playing on my PC with controller and now that we have the cross play option it is proven that both MnK and controller play have their own advantages. It's all about the user. 

(Lets also be clear that the first thing I do when I play a new shooter on a console is fine tuning my settings and turn off aim-assist.)

The reason pc uses a MnK and not a controller is because it is designed for it from the start.. Have to say this last bit is the most ingnorant weapon I have seen being used in this ancient battle.

The only reason I dislike cross-play or the idea of playing Vigor with MnK is because the PC players feel superior up to toxic levels. No need to be part of this circle jerk.

You are wrong.  It's an advantage.  You are using your whole arm and shoulder to pin point something.  So the cursor is basically an extension of your arm.  Now don't get me wrong there are some good thumbstick dudes, but it's an advantage to aim with a controller.  Bottom line.

On 8/22/2019 at 2:04 PM, iGotNothingJPEG said:

I've read in an article that Vigor will be one of the games that will get mouse and keyboard support on xbox, is that true?

Yes, it's true but will take time. I hope it's soon. Personally, I need to switch between controller and M&KB for pain management. If I use a controller for more then a hour, my hands start to hurt. I'm not sure why people are so scared. I normally destroy PC dudes. They only have a slight advantage and this is a fact. Xbox did a study on it with professional players. I guess most people are ignorant....