iGotNothingJPEG

Mouse and Keyboard support?

I've read in an article that Vigor will be one of the games that will get mouse and keyboard support on xbox, is that true?

If so, I hope the keyboards / mouse will be on separate servers, as this would not be fair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really hope they don't do this. It's not fair to those of us using controllers to have to fight people who point and shoot with a mouse.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 8:46 PM, L3thal Euskal said:

If so, I hope the keyboards / mouse will be on separate servers, as this would not be fair

if they do separate servers they won't have enough players

yeah i have to say that if they do enable mouse + keyboard although keyboard is ok then i won't play anymore unless they have their own servers the advantages are just too great for mouse user. This is imo something that should never be considered for a console exclusive game the playing field should be fair the only way i would be ok with it is if they were on different server to controller and i don't think this is likely as i doubt the player base could support it and also mouse + keyboard would have few players compared to controller. 

I noticed nobody had a definite answer so I talked to support and keyboard and mouse support is broken right now. they are aware of the problem and will get to it when they can...... hopefully that will be soon.

I'll give you a definite answer.

This is my view. Mnk is cheating and anyone who uses it knows why. It gives you an advantage!

If BI allow it they will alienate a large proportion of their player base and totally change the Dynamics of the game.

My PoV. Agree or not.

I'll 2nd & 3rd Oldninjas opinion.

Tbh I assumed Vigor already allowed m&k, simply because of the insane accuracy that some gifted players seem to have any combat situation.

I seem to be blessed with the skill of bullet catcher instead of the one firing them doh lol.

Hi All,

I'm a new (addicted) player, playing since a couple of week .

Could you please tell me if some players are playing with mouse and keyboard in Vigor today? And if they are mixed in the game with gamepad users?

Basically, do I play versus mnk players?

Reading all the comments I've found, the answer is not clear to me.

Thanks for enlighten me ^^ 

As far as I know, you can't currently use MnK on this game. Somebody tell me if I'm wrong?

Please no, no Mouse and Keyboard. This creates an unbalanced and unfair play if both controller and MnK are in the same lobby. It's evident that MnK is superior when it comes to aiming and control movement, please no. 

It was announced that vigor will support mnk in the future, and thats why i got into playing vigor in first place. I am currently not playing, only collecting my resouces every other day because i am waiting for mnk support. I am coming from PC gaming and never got used to playing a shooter with controller and propably never will, so i think that long term controller players have an advantage over me. If they separate lobbies between mnk and controller users, i am fine with that. But i don't think it is "cheating" to use mnk. If you think mnk users have an advantage go ahead and get youself a mouse and a keyboard. Its only 30 or 40 bucks for a wireless mnk set that will do the job, i bet that's only a fraction of what many of us alredy threw at vigor. At this time everyone can possibly use mnk for vigor altough it is not implemented yet, you simply need an adapter and i am sure some people are using mnk in vigor. In other games your account can get banned if the game detects an mnk adapter, but that won't happen in vigor since the devs don't even care about solo teaming, which i, opposed to playing mnk, consider cheating. Again, mnk support was announced for vigor, and if they don't implement it, it's another slap in the face of the players that put tons of cash into that game.

Hi Sebhilton,

For me the clip you posted clearly demonstrates the advantage you get with MnK.

I may be getting a little slow as time creeps on, but I simply can't line up targets that quickly. I think all outlanders know when they've been taken out by an MnK user. In fact it happened to me only yesterday.

A good MnK user knows they have that split second advantage, even if you have a field of fire setup.

I think, like teaming in solo mode, it's down to player integrity.

• Like 1

MY question is WHY pc gamers want to play XBOX ( it's basicaly a controler oriented stuff ) with keyboard and mouse. 

Personnaly, i dont play pc game just because keyboard and mouse are not for me...  from nitendo 8 bits to xbox one, learning to play with controler was first not easy with a few game.  But, it's part of the game !

Then , I can say that the big majority of players on XBOX are here for the game play with controler.  If game like VIGOR let a mix of controler and keyboard in the same lobby, they will put their profit $$ at risk in my opinion. At the end, players will leave...  and pc gamers will stay !

If mnk becomes a think I'll b done with the game for good I agree with someone else who stayed how people just seem to have a bit like skills and mnk would definitely have a big advantage over everyone I've literally shot a dude 6times just to have it 180 me n the head off a lucky spray kinda pisses u off

I use XIM apex. I die way more than I kill. Aim acceleration kills mouse use. It’s really bad. Even the xim apex company has said the aim acceleration in this game is weird. 

I really hate when people say theres an advantage to using mouse and keyboard when most pc players who play fps use controller and body everyone who uses mnk. its literally like using another controller just only true advantage is inventory management. If youre aiming down sights and fire a semi youre more likely to miss because of the mouse moving with either click which is more to compensate for the only reason you people deal with "godlike" players is because of external ports like the chronusmax which is undetectable even under human observation. It compensates for recoil, adds rapid fire to any gun; adds autofire; its essentially aimbot you can can humanize to the point its useless or bot to the point youre just watching the game play itself

21 minutes ago, HosephHoestar said:

I really hate when people say theres an advantage to using mouse and keyboard when most pc players who play fps use controller and body everyone who uses mnk. its literally like using another controller just only true advantage is inventory management. If youre aiming down sights and fire a semi youre more likely to miss because of the mouse moving with either click which is more to compensate for the only reason you people deal with "godlike" players is because of external ports like the chronusmax which is undetectable even under human observation. It compensates for recoil, adds rapid fire to any gun; adds autofire; its essentially aimbot you can can humanize to the point its useless or bot to the point youre just watching the game play itself

As someone who came from PC and moved from ball mice to laser mice and even remember when PC had dedicated Counter Strike dial up servers 😂

Mnk give an advantage that thumbsticks never will.

Pin point accuracy with less movement of the mouse than a thumbstick.

I agree mnk gives you more advantage with inventory control but a game like this doesn't demand a great deal of time to worrying about that and it's made easier with the "take all" option.

The addition of mnk would be a game killer for me, you simply can't compete with that accuracy.

Your spot on Dig4tal,

There are quite a few MnK users playing the game. For me it's clear and obvious, and not just because I'm annoyed about getting ended, but the fact that they know they have a split second advantage even in situations where you think you have the drop on them.

Going to have to agree with Oldninja here.  I am seeing a lot more guys instant 180 and start firing in the last couple weeks as well as a lot more of the forward/back or circle repetition movement that is the hallmark of PC shooter behavior.  I know because I play PC shooters as well.  I'll be done with the game if it continues to increase.  I can't say they kill me often, but they definitely do more often than controller players do.  

TOS clearly state that the use of unauthorised third party software is not allowed. As long as BI does not inplement MnK, it is a cheat. 

There are some other games out there that do allow cross-platform as an option. I have yet to experience any disadvantage against MnK players. If you fine-tune your settings well enough you can react just as fast as MnK players. 

I watched this video and this guy must've recorder hours-'n-hours of gameplay before het made this montage, the moment he is waiting for the second opponent inside the house wielding that tommygun, he slowly finetunes his aim to headshots height instead of using his awesome super accurate MnK instant aim. This is 100% a controller move, if you watch the movie closely he makes more moves that are not normal for MnK players.