Bobby Saville

Health needs to be lowered

This game is supposed to be realistic and have realistic gunplay, therefore you shouldn't be able to withstand 4-5 rifle shots, right? With how difficult the aiming is in Vigor, less shots are hit in gunfights, this is why the Silver Pigeon dominates (Takes no skill to aim). Because of this, all other guns are pretty much useless to the shotgun as they can just rush people with higher tier weapons, dodging and weaving, and then kill them from up close. My point is, is that the weapons are too hard to aim to have that high health, gunfights just take too long and both players just end up running out of ammo (If they dont have a silver pigeon) because they cant hit enough shots to kill people because health is too high and aiming is too hard. All this results in pretty clunky gunplay, am I right? Sorry if im rambling its just the only way I can get my point across, reply if you agree!

Hi Bobby, I'm afraid I disagree. Let me explain.

Most gunfights start with one outlander having an advantage. By this I mean that one outlander may see another looting or simply traversing the map. That outlander is then likely to get the first rounds off before the target can even respond. 

On one occasion on the Grontheim map I had a full inventory and was caught off guard by an outlander with a pigeon. Two hits left me with minimal health but I managed to outrun him. Unfortunately I died by making an unnecessary jump which took the rest of my health.

My point is that I don't want to be killed too easily in this situation, and I want the opportunity to either run or locate the attacking outlander and return fire. You don't have to engage in time and ammo consuming shoot outs with other outlanders if you don't want to. In every encounter with other outlanders I personally assess the likelihood of winning the shootout, and if I feel I don't have the advantage I try to get away and fight another day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to add. I didn't mention the aiming mechanics because aiming shouldn't be easy under gunfight conditions.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 8:21 AM, Oldninja said:

Just to add. I didn't mention the aiming mechanics because aiming shouldn't be easy under gunfight conditions.

all this adds to clunky unrealistic gunplay

The health is fine. I lose half my health sometimes just falling off rocks and what not wandering around. Most of the better rifles will kill a full health player in 2-3 shots to center mass. If you're dying to the shotguns that much it means you're getting to close to people. Try being sneaky or keeping your distance. Also almost all of the automatic weapons are more effective on semi.

Health is perfectly fine as it is. As others mentioned above, you get hurt on the smallest of ledges and really hurt on medium ones trying to get away from someone. The shotguns are absolute garbage outside of 10ft or more. If your getting owned by them you're not being mindful of your engagement distances.

• Like 2