John Price57

how can i make my helicopter shoot with tedho's unitcapture

Hi, i'm currently trying to make a machinima in arma 3 and i would like to do a AH-6 low pass firing like we can see in movies like black hawk down. But when i record my movements with tedho's unitcapture script, the helicopter will do all the movements i've done but it will not shoot

Can anyone help me ?

thanks for the reply

i already tried that but i don't know how to proceed with this command i tried something like (with my data this is just an example) :   "gunner blackfoot forceWeaponFire ["gatling_20mm", "close"]; " but it nevers fire i don't get it. (i tried that command with the blackfoot and it doesn't work either)

i saw a lot of videos with ppl using A10 or an Apache firing while doing a fly by so i figured they were using tedho's unitcapture.

SOLVED i found a solution for this problem : first you need to create the path you want with the chopper with the capture unit.

then you need to create another script called for example "fire.sqf" and put this line in :

[]spawn {
    while {true} do {
        vehicle pawnee fire "
M134_minigun";
        sleep 0.01;
    };
};

and whenever you want you can call the script fire.sqf to match with script path.sqf

On 8/22/2019 at 5:41 PM, John Price57 said:

SOLVED i found a solution for this problem : first you need to create the path you want with the chopper with the capture unit.

then you need to create another script called for example "fire.sqf" and put this line in :

[]spawn {
    while {true} do {
        vehicle pawnee fire "
M134_minigun";
        sleep 0.01;
    };
};

and whenever you want you can call the script fire.sqf to match with script path.sqf

Hi John, don't know if you're still active on the forum but I wanna THANK YOU for this. 

I've encountered the problem just with SOG Prairie Fire DLC where both helicopters and airplanes just wont shoot when using unitplayfiring.

I think there's something wrong with the coding of some mods/dlcs.

I wanted to ask you if in these years you've found any other working way of making firing data actually working.

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Hi, i just got back on this forum to help one of my viewer on my youtube channel on how to shoot while doing cinematics.

I'm happy that my post could have helped someone, it took me forever to figure out how to do it so i'm glad it helped you.

Regards

John Price

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 1:54 PM, John Price57 said:

Hi, i just got back on this forum to help one of my viewer on my youtube channel on how to shoot while doing cinematics.

I'm happy that my post could have helped someone, it took me forever to figure out how to do it so i'm glad it helped you.

Regards

John Price

Yo John! 

Actually I did find the solution! 😄

The KEY is to make the gunner shoot when you replay the flight not the pilot.

The pilot just won't shoot during replay, the gunner will.

So just open unit init and assign guns control to copilot/gunner 😄

Obv this works just if there are pilot + gunner.

If you want to replay a flight+shooting of a single seat heli or plane there is no need to change anything.

And THESE are the codes needed

REC trigger : [helo1, 600, 30, true, 0] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitCapture

PLAY trigger : helo1 engineOn true; 
[]execVM "flying1.sqf"; 

and then place in the mission folder a .sqf file with THESE lines : 

_helo1movedata = ;
_helo1pewdata = ; 
_helo1dothings = [helo1, _helo1movedata] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitPlay;
[helo1, _helo1pewdata] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitPlayFiring;

NOTE : Every name (variable) can be changed as one likes, just makes sure that when the script gets executed all the names are correct.

THIS is the tutorial I followed : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAx9HvFXXwc&t=261s

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 12:03 AM, BlackFalco said:

Yo John! 

Actually I did find the solution! 😄

The KEY is to make the gunner shoot when you replay the flight not the pilot.

The pilot just won't shoot during replay, the gunner will.

So just open unit init and assign guns control to copilot/gunner 😄

Obv this works just if there are pilot + gunner.

If you want to replay a flight+shooting of a single seat heli or plane there is no need to change anything.

And THESE are the codes needed

REC trigger : [helo1, 600, 30, true, 0] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitCapture

PLAY trigger : helo1 engineOn true; 
[]execVM "flying1.sqf"; 

and then place in the mission folder a .sqf file with THESE lines : 

_helo1movedata = ;
_helo1pewdata = ; 
_helo1dothings = [helo1, _helo1movedata] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitPlay;
[helo1, _helo1pewdata] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitPlayFiring;

NOTE : Every name (variable) can be changed as one likes, just makes sure that when the script gets executed all the names are correct.

THIS is the tutorial I followed : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAx9HvFXXwc&t=261s

what did you meant by assign guns control to copilot/gunner? and how to do it?