If following the Greek Voiced Campaign Defying the Odds and are worried about even minor spoilers please read no further. Thanks!

Spoiler

Can somebody please tell me how to show three different camera footages in the three screens from the Multi Screen Computer object?

If it is one screen via the forums @Grumpy Old Man I have got this:

tv setObjectTexture [0, "#(argb,512,512,1)r2t(piprendertg,1)"];

_pipcam = "camera" camCreate [0,0,0];
_pipcam setVectorDirAndUp [[0,0.66,-0.33],[0,0.33,0.66]];
_pipcam cameraEffect ["Internal", "Back", "piprendertg"];
_pipcam camSetFov 0.4;

_campos = getposatl car;
_campos set [2,3];
_pipcam setpos _campos;

it works nicely with the TV and PC screen but when it comes to the Multi Screen Computer object from the Contact DLC it does not work.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Does the object have multiple texture layers? You're setting object texture "0". What about "1"? I don't have the contact DLC yet so I can't test that specific object.

Multi Screen Computer object from the Contact DLC it does not work.

It won't display anything you send to it? Does the object have editable texture fields in EDEN?

• Like 2

@wogz187 

Spoiler

Thanks for the reply. No need for the contact DLC to test it. All those assets have and cause no dependency. Hmm... yes it does have 3 layers. Nice thought I will try it but when I use the above what exactly happens is that the whole texture of the object changes. It becomes like a pixel texture for the whole object and then the video footage is shown at the back of the three screens. There must be some sort of command so as to show different videos on the different screens but I have no idea which one it is 😕

• Like 1

@JohnKalo

Spoiler

"It becomes like a pixel texture for the whole object"

The different texture fields affect different texture pieces and layers. The most important thing is: Does the object have editable texture fields in EDEN? May I see a screenshot of the object attributes?

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 2:46 PM, JohnKalo said:

If following the Greek Voiced Campaign Defying the Odds and are worried about even minor spoilers please read no further. Thanks!

Reveal hidden contents

Can somebody please tell me how to show three different camera footages in the three screens from the Multi Screen Computer object?

If it is one screen via the forums @Grumpy Old Man I have got this:

tv setObjectTexture [0, "#(argb,512,512,1)r2t(piprendertg,1)"];

_pipcam = "camera" camCreate [0,0,0];
_pipcam setVectorDirAndUp [[0,0.66,-0.33],[0,0.33,0.66]];
_pipcam cameraEffect ["Internal", "Back", "piprendertg"];
_pipcam camSetFov 0.4;

_campos = getposatl car;
_campos set [2,3];
_pipcam setpos _campos;

it works nicely with the TV and PC screen but when it comes to the Multi Screen Computer object from the Contact DLC it does not work.

Spoiler

I think wogz187 is right in his first reply.

The 0 texture is for the model, the textures for the screens are 1,2,3.

So try,

tv setObjectTexture [1, "#(argb,512,512,1)r2t(piprendertg,1)"];

tv setObjectTexture [2, "#(argb,512,512,1)r2t(piprendertg,1)"];

tv setObjectTexture [3, "#(argb,512,512,1)r2t(piprendertg,1)"];

• Like 2

@wogz187

@stburr91

Spoiler

Yep it does have editable textures for all three screens. Will post a screenshot if the solution with the 1,2,3 does not work. Will try it out asap and post the results. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, JohnKalo said:

@wogz187

@stburr91

Reveal hidden contents

Yep it does have editable textures for all three screens. Will post a screenshot if the solution with the 1,2,3 does not work. Will try it out asap and post the results. Thanks!

Spoiler

I just tested it, and it works with using texture 1,2,3.  Texture 1 is the far left screen, 2 is the middle screen, and 3 is the far right screen. 

I'm not sure how to set up multiple cameras at once, so I didn't test three different cameras at once.   

• Thanks 1

@JohnKalo,

Spoiler

I'm not sure how to set up multiple cameras at once, so I didn't test three different cameras at once.  

We got you covered!
All in a mission.sqm
example multi camera output

Wait? Did I get confused with all the spoilers? Who said that? 😛

• Like 2

@GUYS !!!  :wave:

Spoiler

What is this spoiler stuff that you are using in every post ?!!!:rofl:

• Like 2

Not an answer to your question, but as a side note you can animate the multiscreen computer to open/ close with:

_object animateSource ["open_source",1]; //to close it
_object animateSource ["open_source",0]; //to open it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@wogz187

@stburr91

Spoiler

No swimming pool for today so I tried it and it worked! As stburr91 said. First tried it out and then saw your post.

Oh officially no swimming for today in the program. Unofficially I got wrecked yesterday so it was not an option. 

@GUYS !!!  

If you connect this thread to the previous one of mine you can pretty much understand the concept of one of the Campaign missions. Hence I mentioned minor spoilers at the start but it is also really cool to write like this so ... :thumbsup: Or maybe the Campaign creation is taking too much effort and I am becoming overprotective. Spooky ... lol

Not an answer to your question, but as a side note you can animate the multiscreen computer to open/ close with:

Thank you very much for that. It can indeed help with the mission creation. It greatly aligns with how the story continues at that point.

And thanks for the mission too. Had found another way too but your way is more simple and better explained so I will use yours instead. Thanks guys! Back to editing!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, rodrigoleandromattos said:

_object animateSource ["open_source",1]; 

=objeto animateSource ["open_source",0];  //  should be "_objeto" instead of "=objeto"

<this code is in error, i cant put in init trigger to open multi screen... could you help me please?>

You have copied the code incorrectly.

_object animateSource ["open_source",1]; //to close it
_object animateSource ["open_source",0]; //to open it

To CLOSE the screen, use the first line. To OPEN the screen, use the second line.

If you are placing this code in the init field of the multiscreen computer, you need to change "_object" to "this":

this animateSource ["open_source",0];

• Like 1