PatrickB

Why I have low fps(my spec)

I have 13-20 fps my specification of pc is AMD Phenom II x4 840 4x3.20Ghz (no cache) GPU-GeForce 1050 Ti 2 gb Ram-8Gb Hard Disk-SSD. I don't know why I have only 13-20 fps, Can you answer me that question? 

21 hours ago, PatrickB said:

I have 13-20 fps my specification of pc is AMD Phenom II x4 840 4x3.20Ghz (no cache) GPU-GeForce 1050 Ti 2 gb Ram-8Gb Hard Disk-SSD. I don't know why I have only 13-20 fps, Can you answer me that question? 

That's a 7+ years old CPU and a budget GPU.

Why are you surprised with the fps you're getting from the components you mentioned?

Also consider posting in the already existing hardware thread.

Cheers

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PatrickB said:

Ram-8Gb Hard Disk-SSD.

Welcome to BIS forums btw!

8 gb of ram is fairly low for something imo requires no less then 16gb, what is your ram's frequency?

Also is arma3 and any mods on the SSD or your operating system too?

On 8/17/2019 at 1:09 PM, PatrickB said:

(no cache)

What do you mean with no cache? Arma is very memory access heavy, it really needs cache to not be abominable.
Also that CPU has cache on it.

Your hardware about matches your FPS.

In the Arma3 graphics config screen, select "Autodetect' to let the program select which settings it likes best and see if that helps.

The single biggest performance gain I saw was with the 64-bit version. Otherwise, lots of fast RAM and SSD. Never underestimate ArmA's CPU requirements. A black-label i7  embedded in a glacier is a pretty good place to start.

I have this installed on a second PC, a laptop with no dedicated GPU, configured to run just fine. It's not great, mind you, but you can play SP without getting a headache. The reason it works is because of the 64-bit and SSD.

Have fun!

• Like 1