snkman

Group Link - X - ( Test / W.I.P. )

Zeus vs Eden 3D Editor  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefere using Zeus or Eden 3D Editor?

• Zeus
    • Eden 3D Editor

Hi Snkman, great mod first off - our group has been enjoying it immensely over the past 2 months or so. I need to report a fairly severe issue with GLX in that very occasionally a fatal error occurs within the internal scripting and it causes all of the AI to freeze on the spot and no longer appear to be valid objects on the server. They will no longer register bullet hits, respond to commands and you cannot delete them as zeus (the bounding box will disappear but the unit 3d object stays there running on the spot).

This is run from a dedicated box with quite a few mods, but just to preempt questions: -file patching is enabled, user config has not been edited other than to allow debug info, GLX is run as a 'servermod' and I've done numerous test runs stripping all mods out, running with and without GLX, and only using specific factions in each run.

The errors I'm going to list only show up when GLX is loaded into the modset, and as far as I can tell (I'm not very knowledgeable about scripting/coding) it has something to do with certain units becoming 'non-objects' within the server and in rare occasions this causes an issue when that unit is deleted. The server continues to run, but its as if all simulation has ceased to be calculated and the server + HC instances have to be 'end process' through task manager for them to be properly closed. I've only started to notice it since the 1.96 update, but its such a rare problem I can't say for sure whether its a new problem that came in with the patch or we just didn't experience it beforehand.

Here are the errors that are popping up within the RPT's, please note these only occur when using GLX:

Error in expression <n
{
private _unit = (_units select 0);

_unit assignAsGunner _vehicle;

_units d>
  Error position: <_unit assignAsGunner _vehicle;

_units d>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit
File GLX_System\GLX\GLX_Extension_F.sqf..., line 111
Error in expression <roup getVariable "GLX_Disable");

if ( (_string isEqualTo "GLX_Move") || (vehicl>
  Error position: <_string isEqualTo "GLX_Move") || (vehicl>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _string
File GLX_System\GLX\GLX_Reinforcement_F\GLX_Logic_F.sqf..., line 97
Ref to nonnetwork object 2860e098fe0# 1680923: <no shape>
Error: Object(6 : 532) not found
"DEBUG: Start of AI script. Currently assigned target: <NULL-object>"

I can successfully recreate the fatal error when using a certain faction, so if you want video evidence of the AI freeze in action then I'm happy to provide it. My best guess is that something in the way GLX creates unit variables to allow for their being so dynamic occasionally causes this problem, and certain faction configs increase the chance of it happening somehow.

I have a bunch more testing data and if you'd like to discuss further in chat feel free to add me on steam. 

>BE WARNED: If you are looking for an A.I. mod with lot of different A.I. features this is the wrong place!

GLX mainly has been created to get a new main / base A.I. system used to build up the mod with.

Would this mean it would be compatible with other AI mods such as Vcom AI or Stealthghillie?

When a firefight is over the game freezes, in three of the various firefights I simulated, it happened as soon as one AI started healing himself or someone else. After 3 or so minutes the game unfreezes but freezes again after a few seconds and continues to do this.

My mod order is:

- CBA_A3

- VET_Unflipping

- HCC - High Command Converter 1.5.5

- No More Aircraft Bouncing

- CTRG Faction

- Arma 3 menu

- GLX

I haven't successfully initialized GLX in a mission when using as a mod activated through either shortcut or launcher. The mod is shown as active in the startup screen, but no message displays on mission start and the AI aren't affected.

TCL still seems to be the go to as of 04 2020.

I can't find a better mod. I logged in to post that I hope you come back to this project. 

GLX works, seems like TCL was more finished and GLX is an unfinished rewrite. 

Hello in the description i can read this "Headless Client ( H.C. ) Initialize..."

What does that mean exactly ? There already a feature to transfert AI in to HC ?

1 hour ago, Fire_in_the_hole said:

snkman 

My game with this mod hangs. What to do?

I don't think this mod or TCL are being developed anymore as the author hasn't been on the forums in months.