Jump to content
snkman

Group Link - X - ( Test / W.I.P. )

Zeus vs Eden 3D Editor  

95 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you prefere using Zeus or Eden 3D Editor?

    • Zeus
      29
    • Eden 3D Editor
      66


Recommended Posts

@vafana

Do you have any additional info about this error?

Do you remember what happend when it appears?

 

Did you by any chance change something in UserConfig > GLX > GLX_AI.sqf?

 

Right now only thing i could think of would be a very rare situation which would need to happen within less than a second...

If you kill all enemy A.I. and right at the moment where GLX is about to delete the logic of the reinforcement request cycle another A.I. group detects you get added to the reinforcement request cycle and directly after that GLX delets the logic.

All this would need to happen within < 1 second so very hard to rebuild for me to see if thats the case...

 

@ZeekPlayzYT

Thanks! :icon5:

 

To your suggestions:

 

1.) Do you mean the vanilla A.I. convoy driving?

2.) I already changed this to make A.I. search for cover right after they get attacked however i think the way of how A.I. behave ( prone / crouche ) pretty much is what i expect them to do. In some situations you may need a few sec. to check the area see who and from where you are getting attacked in this case getting a lower profile would be the first thing to.

4.) Static MGs / Grenade Launchers will be available to be used by A.I. in the next version.

5.) This pretty much is how it works right now. A.I. will be able to only request other A.I. which is not involved in any combat situation ( without enemy ). However if you like to have A.I. request specific other A.I. groups only ( like in a completely different town ) you can do this by using the Location A.I. group type ( By synchronizing specific A.I. units of specific A.I. groups with each other ).

6.) This also already is available in GLX A.I. which was requested as reinforcement and without enemy contact will look for empty nearby vehicles to use and to get to their target position faster.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, snkman said:

@vafana

Do you have any additional info about this error?

Do you remember what happend when it appears?

 

Did you by any chance change something in UserConfig > GLX > GLX_AI.sqf?

 

Yes, I made some changes in GLX_AI.sqf

Quote

// ==============================================================
  // G.L.X A.I. Reinforcement Request: ( Knowledge )
  // ==============================================================
  // Choose knowledge A.I. group(s) need to have about their enemy(s) to requesting reinforcement(s).
  // Note: If this value was set to 4 A.I. group(s) are not able to request reinforcement(s).
  // 0 - 4.00, default is > 1
     GLX_AI set [0, 1];
    
  // ==============================================================
  // G.L.X A.I. Reinforcement Request Courage: ( Rating )
  // ==============================================================
  // Choose A.I. group(s) courage rating factor.
  // Note: The lower this value the faster A.I. group(s) will be rated overpowered and request reinforcement(s).
  // Example: By default A.I. group(s) with 4 A.I. unit(s) vs 1 enemy unit will not request reinforcement(s) but A.I. group(s) with 4 A.I. unit(s) vs 2 enemy unit(s) will request reinforcement(s).  
  // 0.01 - 1.00, default is 0.15
    GLX_AI set [1, 0.90];
    
  // ==============================================================
  // G.L.X A.I. Reinforcement Request: ( Limit )
  // ==============================================================
  // Choose how many A.I. group(s) can be requested as reinforcement(s).
  // 0 - 30, default is 3
    GLX_AI set [2, 1];
    
  // ==============================================================
  // G.L.X A.I. Reinforcement: ( Cancel )
  // ==============================================================
  // Choose time of how long A.I. group(s) should search for their enemy(s) after loosing all knowledge about their enemy(s).
  // 30 - 500, default is 170 seconds
    GLX_AI set [3, 200];

I was engaging a group of enemies that were in a vehicle, at the same time another group spotted me from another direction (4 enemies), I managed to eliminate the group from the vehicle, then 3 from the second group, and one of them surrendered, when fight ended, the error appeared on the screen and did not disappear. Mission Pilgrimage Livonia https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/208892-pilgrimage-ported/?do=findComment&amp;comment=3363345

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... Okay thanks for the infos! :thumbs-up:

I will check if there is something else i was not aware of.

 

Your setting changes look fine!

 

Edit: Did this error appeared more often to you or once only?

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, only once, I use GLX from the beginning, but since then it has not appeared again.

Maybe is not really a problem, maybe I'm just "lucky".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Looking forward to try your mod. A few quest questions before I get started:

 

1) is the mod compatible with Dynamic Recon Ops missions?

 

2) Does GCL have any impact on my AI squad members? They are not set to “playable” but all synced to my group?

 

3) Is it possible to exclude certain AI units from GCL?

 

Many thanks

rainbow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, vafana said:

Maybe is not really a problem, maybe I'm just "lucky".

Yes maybe! :icon2:

Well if there is a syntax / script error it defenetly means something did not work as it should.

But as said befor guess ( if i'm right ) this is something happen very very rarely.

So i will put this to my notes and wait if someone else get this error too.

 

@rainbow47

Hi! :icon5:

 

1.) Idk

2.) GCL? :headscratch: GLX? No A.I. from a group lead by player will never be affected by GLX player leaders should always have full freedom to do with their A.I. units what ever they like at least from my personal point of view.

3.) Not specific / individual A.I. units of an A.I. group but A.I. groups in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 3:04 PM, snkman said:

Well if there is a syntax / script error it defenetly means something did not work as it should.

But as said befor guess ( if i'm right ) this is something happen very very rarely.

 

It happened to me again, the same conditions, an AAF group calls reinforcement, a Spetsnaz group responds, I manage to eliminate everyone, only one unit Spetsnaz AT surrenders, regardless of whether I release or eliminate it, the error immediately appears and no longer disappears from the screen. I noticed that the AT unit takes command and calls for reinforcement again, while surrendering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... Intresting! :icon1:

 

Surrenders? Whitch other mods do you use? GLX does not have a surrender feature?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks vafana! :thumbs-up:

 

I will check and see what exactly trigger this error.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, russian spy said:

After TCL this feels great. I actually feel scared after setting AI House Search to 100. Thank you snkman!

Thanks russian spy! :icon5:

 

Yes i really think it's the right way i'm moving with this mod so far.

Good to hear you are test different settings! :thumbs-up:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can you make such a function so that AI exit \ do not exit it when vehicles is damaged (in settings)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does this worked on Zeus placed units and how do i know if it's actually working? And does everyone need it for it to work in MP?

Never mind...i completely skipped that system features section when reading the Read me...🤦‍♂️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Unleashthepain said:

does this worked on Zeus placed units and how do i know if it's actually working? 

 

Yes, as per page 1 of the ReadMe. Presumably you could enable debug via Userconfig but I'm overly sure of which variable might demonstrate Zeus units are using GLX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello Snk, long time no see hope you are working on something  = )

anyway, is it possible to stop the Ai from using smoke grenades during night time, somehow the ai looks very weird never using the advantages of night time like stealth behaviors and such... they are always exposing themselves with smoke grenades or running in the field :3

and where can i find the GLX change log to keep my eyes around : p 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 2:05 AM, AirShark said:

anyway, is it possible to stop the Ai from using smoke grenades during night time

 

I haven't moved from TCL to GLX yet, but if they're anything alike, you could try changing in Userconfig/GLX_Feature the chance of smoke to 0% for that mission. Although I note the wording states "smoke at daytime", so unsure if it applies. I understand that you wouldn't want to keep changing this setting between night and day however. Remember to use -filepatching to enable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, anfo said:

 

I haven't moved from TCL to GLX yet, but if they're anything alike, you could try changing in Userconfig/GLX_Feature the chance of smoke to 0% for that mission. Although I note the wording states "smoke at daytime", so unsure if it applies. I understand that you wouldn't want to keep changing this setting between night and day however. Remember to use -filepatching to enable.

i set it to 0 and the Ai are still using smoke even in day time, i think thats part of lambs Danger.fsm mod i have to tweak them i guess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AirShark said:

i set it to 0 and the Ai are still using smoke even in day time

 

Are there other settings you know are working following value modification in Userconfig?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AirShark said:

i set it to 0 and the Ai are still using smoke even in day time, i think thats part of lambs Danger.fsm mod i have to tweak them i guess...

 

Do you find using both ai mods are conflicting?  Or are both different enough that they work together? Sometimes I wish all ai mod creators just join forces and use combined forces to make ultimate ai mod.  I guess I can dream. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jandrews said:

 

Do you find using both ai mods are conflicting?  Or are both different enough that they work together? Sometimes I wish all ai mod creators just join forces and use combined forces to make ultimate ai mod.  I guess I can dream. 

probably because some common features are in both mods like house searching/CQB/garession/artillery request and many more thankfully GLX have some customisation on the userconfig some tweaking may be a necessity besides even Ai mods now are conflicting with the vanilla Ai it self because of hard coded stuff, Ai makers they do share some codes/intel and stuff with each other but each one of them have his own project and purpose 

 

2 hours ago, anfo said:

 

Are there other settings you know are working following value modification in Userconfig?

you mean working with the value 0, not sure i will test them later...

btw it wasnt Lambs Danger.fsm mod as i thought, after many tests i disabled that mod the Ai still throwing smokes when suppressed it is definitely GLX 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AirShark said:

you mean working with the value 0

 

I meant any setting to any value. I was just checking whether any Userconfig changes were working for you at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jandrews said:

Do you find using both ai mods are conflicting?

 

I'd have thought it would be too much work juggling the settings of two AI behaviour mods, apart from where they would conflict and cause problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 12:57 PM, AirShark said:

probably because some common features are in both mods like house searching/CQB/garession/artillery request and many more thankfully GLX have some customisation on the userconfig some tweaking may be a necessity besides even Ai mods now are conflicting with the vanilla Ai it self because of hard coded stuff, Ai makers they do share some codes/intel and stuff with each other but each one of them have his own project and purpose 

 

you mean working with the value 0, not sure i will test them later...

btw it wasnt Lambs Danger.fsm mod as i thought, after many tests i disabled that mod the Ai still throwing smokes when suppressed it is definitely GLX 

 

 

 

I am interested in hearing your results.

 

20 hours ago, anfo said:

 

I'd have thought it would be too much work juggling the settings of two AI behaviour mods, apart from where they would conflict and cause problems.

 

Yea. I would presume the same.  But unless we test, well never know.  I am working on using eos as spawner and running these two separate and together and see how badly I get rolled.  If I get it up like I'd like may be I will run a mission on my older server.  But b/t now and then I have to do some arma work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jandrews said:

But unless we test, well never know.

 

Agreed. I've used Jebus with TCL and had success, but again not two AI behaviour scripts in tandem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×