snkman

Group Link - X - ( Test / W.I.P. )

Zeus vs Eden 3D Editor  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefere using Zeus or Eden 3D Editor?

• Zeus
    • Eden 3D Editor

Group Link - X - ( Test / W.I.P. ) v.1.0.09

Description:

This A.I. modification is very early stage and mainly focus on A.I. combat behaviour improvement(s).

Main goal is to get back the "Get ready to feel hunted..." A.I. behaviour.

GLX use a new high dynamically and random A.I. movement algorithm which allow A.I. to use very aggressive but still tactical movement.

System Features:

Headless Client ( H.C. ) Initialize

Location A.I. ( Synchronized A.I. )

Spawned A.I. Initialize SP / MP ( Including Zeus A.I. )

A.I. Features:

A.I. use Cover

A.I. use Smoke ( At Day )

A.I. use Flares ( At Night )

A.I. Request Reinforcement

A.I. use Cover to Cover movement

A.I. mount / unmount empty vehicle

A.I. use high dynamically movement

A.I. use Flanking and Tactical Movement

A.I. Helicopter Insertion / Extraction ( Paradrop )

There we go! :icon5:

New A.I. system with lot of new and optimized code.

Main change of GLX is the new A.I. movement system.

I choosed to use GL ( Group Link ) tag to not confuse users too much.

Many scripts and functions have been simplified by removing lot of not too important code and conditions.

Also UserConfig settings have been pretty much limited down to use some of the most important settings only.

This version of GLX use fully randomized A.I. movement algorithm but still testing and playing around with some of the A.I. movement system values.

Please make sure to test GLX at least a few times standalone ( without any other A.I. modification combined ) to see what and how GLX is doing.

BE WARNED: If you are looking for an A.I. mod with lot of different A.I. features this is the wrong place!

GLX mainly has been created to get a new main / base A.I. system used to build up the mod with.

Please make sure to read the Group Link - X.pdf some of your questions may will be already answered there if not please feel free to ask them in this thread.

As always bugs / something you like / dislike general thoughts and feelings about it please post them here...

Group Link - X v.1.0.09 

Download: ( drive.google.com )

Group Link - X v.1.0.07

Group Link - X v.1.0.03

Enjoy! :icon_cool:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Thanks snkman for your release. However it is not clear to me, what is the difference in regards to TCL?

Is this a step down version with code optimisation or a completly new development?

• Like 1

It is a new A.I. developement project ( kind of ) with all my ARMA 3 A.I. modding experience in mind.

Initialize and A.I. system has been written from scratch but it already use some of the A.I. features i'm using and working on since like forever.

• Like 5

@snkmanmany thanks for your response. Really appreciate your projects. I'd like to know if you could share your development on a git page like github. I would be interested in taking a deeper look into your project and do some support.

Snkman, thanks a lot for continuing on your AI improvement project!

Just gave it a shot, love the movement once again. Not maybe as aggressive as first TCL versions, but definitely better than in the latest TCL. But for me this version seemed like a good balance of tactical advancement and speed, there's some guys supporting as others' advance and you can really see when the movement scripts kick in. 

The flare thing for me has been an issue, but I find it great if one squad engages another in pitch black. Apparently each squad fires a flare when engaged in dark (don't know how dark is the limit, in some TCL versions just when the sun was about to go out and you could still see very well they shot the flares anyways), so if you have multiple fire teams the end result looks a bit silly. But it's fantastic if you have just full squad against another.

Thanks glad to hear you like it! :icon5:

Its true first versions of T.C.L. were coded to have very aggressive A.I. ( push and stop ) movement but somehow i don't really know why :headscratch: i turned it completly the other side around which really was kind of a stupid idea...

As you may noticed right now A.I. use a lot of flanking movement.

They don't move straight to their target position or by a 50% chance only but most of the time they try to avoid moving straight into their enemy(s).

I could add a tweak setting to allow changing this 50% chance so users can choose if A.I. should move more aggressive or like it is now.

2 hours ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

The flare thing for me has been an issue, but I find it great if one squad engages another in pitch black. Apparently each squad fires a flare when engaged in dark (don't know how dark is the limit, in some TCL versions just when the sun was about to go out and you could still see very well they shot the flares anyways), so if you have multiple fire teams the end result looks a bit silly. But it's fantastic if you have just full squad against another.

Thanks will have another look at it to be honest so far i did not do too much to the flare feature.

You coult try lower the A.I. flare usage chance:

UserConfig > GLX > GLX_Feature.sqf

Simpli make this:

// ==============================================================
  // G.L.X A.I. Flare: ( Chance )
  // 0 - 100, default is 50%
    // GLX_Feature set [2, 50];

look like this:

GLX_Feature set [2, 15];

Remove "//" and change the value from 50 to 15 this will lower the A.I. flare usage change from 50% to 15% if you change it to 0 A.I. will never use flares.

• Like 1

i can't believe that TCL was the one who gaved me all that Lag and micro stutter all the time, good job on this one the only difference i've noticed is the performance so far carry on 👍

3 hours ago, snkman said:

Remove "//" and change the value from 50 to 15 this will lower the A.I. flare usage change from 50% to 15% if you change it to 0 A.I. will never use flares.

They were still using flares even when I set it to 0. They spammed them like crazy.

Here is how I changed it in the config in case I made a mistake.

Spoiler

GLX_Feature set [2, 0];

I also noticed some strange behavior concerning ai pilots. They landed their gunship in close proximity to the enemy, disembarked, and started attacking on foot. I may have seen it with other vehicles as well, but don't quote me on that.

Anyway, the infantry combat is awesome. The best I've seen in Arma so far.

17 hours ago, AirShark said:

i can't believe that TCL was the one who gaved me all that Lag and micro stutter all the time, good job on this one the only difference i've noticed is the performance so far carry on 👍

Well as far as i can tell T.C.L. did not impact on FPS / Performance too much...

The tests i did with 200+ spawned A.I. fighting each other gave me 5 - 10 FPS drop which should be okay for this amount of A.I. units.

Can't really tell may there was / is something i did not test? Maybe some other A.I. mod combination which made it laggy?

Anyway good to here you are fine with GLX so far. :icon2:

16 hours ago, Lothear said:

They were still using flares even when I set it to 0. They spammed them like crazy.

Here is how I changed it in the config in case I made a mistake.

Reveal hidden contents

GLX_Feature set [2, 0];

I also noticed some strange behavior concerning ai pilots. They landed their gunship in close proximity to the enemy, disembarked, and started attacking on foot. I may have seen it with other vehicles as well, but don't quote me on that.

True flare feature still use NVG check to force A.I. to spawn flares if any unit of the A.I. group don't have NVG available.

Well i will check and put some work in it today. :icon5:

So far i did not really include / test water and air vehicles.

Mainly focused on infantry and land vehicles + some helicopter stuff which still need some more work.

But good to heare infantry combat feels good to you! :thumbs-up: This pretty much was my main goal in this first release.

Edit:

The flare setting you changed is correct but i have to change the condition to make it work properly.

THANKS for your feedback guys! Much appreciated! :thumbs-up:

22 hours ago, Lothear said:

Encountered similar issues with UAVs, any UAV I spawned and sent up ended up landing back at the airfield. Otherwise, love the way the AI move and react to player.

Pretty cool i like how they can rapidly advance towards player/enemy but its hard to tell what their doing in the example mission as its just kinda open space with 2 different factions. Was better seen in more of a builtup urban area as they usually advance very slowly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MK84 said:

Encountered similar issues with UAVs, any UAV I spawned and sent up ended up landing back at the airfield. Otherwise, love the way the AI move and react to player.

Thanks. :icon5:

Already included the "Air" vehicle condition to stop A.I. behave like what you described.

So could be seen as kind of fixed.

15 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Pretty cool i like how they can rapidly advance towards player/enemy but its hard to tell what their doing in the example mission as its just kinda open space with 2 different factions. Was better seen in more of a builtup urban area as they usually advance very slowly.

Thanks. :icon5:

Well the mission i included is my current developement mission only.

It mainly is to show how to use the <this setVariable ["GLX_Disable", "GLX_XXX"];> stuff and how it will affect A.I. behaviour.

There is no deeper meaning to it... :icon1:

If you like feel free to create what ever you feel good for an example mission and i will be happy to include it. :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

Cool, cool, will try this out again. Is this server sided?

edit: I guess this is still somewhat compatible with MCC and ASR?

Thanks for your work!

Yes so far it is pure A.I. modification ( server side ) only.

Guess if it worked with T.C.L. it will work with GLX at least the same.

You're welcome! :icon5:

• Thanks 1

Impressive work here ! IA really push and hunt you down, Much more aggressive than TCL ! Wait to see more !

Is it already server-side ready to test it on a dedicated server ?

Thanks! :icon5: Yes hunting A.I. finally is back!

So far GLX is pure 100% A.I. mod only.

Did not test MP very much but from what i can tell it works as it should.

Also @GLX ( -filePatching if you like to change something in UserConfig > GLX folder ) is required on Server / Dedicated only.

Clients are totally free from any kind of requirements.

Let me hear how it worked for you.

Group Link - X - ( W.I.P. ) v.1.0.07

Next version of GLX.

No new features but some general script and system improvements.

Download / ChangeLog

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

How to remove the message in the upper right corner so that it does not appear every time the game loads.

20 hours ago, Adam Noble said:

How to remove the message in the upper right corner so that it does not appear every time the game loads.

Sorry right now there is no way to disable it... :icon1:

Next release will have a switch to enable / disable it and set to False by default.

Till than try to ignor it. :icon2:

Ho men im so happy to be able to play again with the group link AI, this is the best AI mod ever made on the Arma series, you make my day :)

There will be also a script version avaible ?

5 minutes ago, damsous said:

There will be also a script version avaible ?

Download the files and check out the ReadMe folder inside @GLX.

GLX Install: ( Script )
DePbo the “ GLX_System.pbo ”.
Copy the dePboed “ GLX_System ” folder into the mission you like to use GLX with.
Create a Init.sqf and use:
GLX_Path = "GLX_System\";
execVM (GLX_Path+"GLX_Initialize.sqf");

• Thanks 1

Hi snkman, thanks for this release! Been using TCL and am now going to try GLX.

I want to share a thought on something that bothers me in Arma. It's something that happens in every game I've played with vanilla or different AI mods and seems very unrealistic: infantry and vehicles move too close to the enemy. I think especially unarmoured vehicles like technicals should move to suitable places where they can provide some support fire without getting killed by some dude 10 meters away. Transport vehicles even worse, reinforcements become pretty useless as often everybody dies disembarking a truck. The great majority of real combat footage I've seen portrays long range engagements and everybody ducks as soon as bullets strike near. In Arma the AI treats bullets as if they were a minor inconvenience.

Do you have any plans to improve this?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, b3lx said:

Hi snkman, thanks for this release! Been using TCL and am now going to try GLX.

I want to share a thought on something that bothers me in Arma. It's something that happens in every game I've played with vanilla or different AI mods and seems very unrealistic: infantry and vehicles move too close to the enemy. I think especially unarmoured vehicles like technicals should move to suitable places where they can provide some support fire without getting killed by some dude 10 meters away. Transport vehicles even worse, reinforcements become pretty useless as often everybody dies disembarking a truck. The great majority of real combat footage I've seen portrays long range engagements and everybody ducks as soon as bullets strike near. In Arma the AI treats bullets as if they were a minor inconvenience.

Do you have any plans to improve this?

Hi, exactly this happens in every game. But I think its not possible to change. AI goes by waypoints and you will need to kill those. I have a script running in my mission somewhere where a ai pilot checks if there is shooting before land to drop out soldiers. If there is shooting he will drop soldiers in air and get back to base. But he still followed his waypoint just a change in the behaviour. So it would need a break from waypoint and a radiochat to the leader (cant get there). Then observe wp go slow status red and so on. This would fit maybe in some situations but not handy for all gamemodes or every situation. Also maybe a heavy load to script/fix/improve... 

I guess its a BI Job. 😉

I really liked this mod, the game has become much more interesting.  I believe that he should be bearable, I have become more careful and very vigilant, even a two-unit operation is going on against two units.  Now I can’t play without this mod, it showed me a completely different level of the game, I consider it the best AI mod