XerXesCZ

Question about DLC content scripting

Good day,

I have this one maybe dumb question: I am making a campaign and I want to use some DLC content in it. However, because I want to make it as much accessible as possible, I know that even if I own all the DLCs for Arma 3, others may have not. I am know that I can't use DLC paid terrains such as Tanoa and Livonia, but I know that in some missions I've played there were for example jets from Jets DLC placed on the carrier, but the mission had no dependency on Jets DLC (there were just sitting there, you were not piloting them). Or - there were weapons from Marksmen DLC spawning on enemies even when I didn't have the DLC purchased at that time. 

How can I achieve this? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

15 hours ago, XerXesCZ said:

How can I achieve this?

You don't need to do anything. Most DLC content is free just with some limitations.
For example DLC vehicles you can't drive if you don't own it, DLC items you can't pick up (but you can add them to people via Arsenal and let them spawn with it) and they will show a "buy this dlc" indicator when you have them in inventory.

Okay, thanks for this, didn't knew it's that simple.

Quick Edit: Is there any way to determine which content is paid and which is free to use? I know most of the Contact props are free, but can I for example place the radar station, which is part of Livonia terrain, on Altis?

Or - is there any way to simulate what will see the player who doesn't own - for example - any of the DLCs when playing?

28 minutes ago, XerXesCZ said:

Quick Edit: Is there any way to determine which content is paid and which is free to use? I know most of the Contact props are free, but can I for example place the radar station, which is part of Livonia terrain, on Altis?

Or - is there any way to simulate what will see the player who doesn't own - for example - any of the DLCs when playing?

Every props that aren't vehicles, weapons nor equipments, do have no restrictions AT ALL even if the prop has an DLC icon. On the other words, when you want to use vehicles, weapons, equipments or even terrain, is the only time to think about restrictions.

Also don't forget - some of vehicles and weapons do have no restrictions/different restrictions than the icon.

• Like 2