kronovan

Throttle Quadrant - Axis automatically mapped with (+) and (-) Axis?

I have a 3 axis throttle quadrant that I've mapped to various ArmA 3 vehicle, helo and fixed-wing  controls; features like thrust, slow forward and speed brake. Every time I map one of the axis though, ArmA 3 always assigns them both a (+) & (-) axis mapping, which means I have to set the slider to mid point to have it in the zero position. It's annoying, because the (-) axis mapping doesn't do anything and it decreases the effective control range for the (+) axis; i.e. I only get to use 50% of the total range. I believe it's specific to my throttle quadrant, because I have vehicle fast forward and reverse mapped to my left & right rudder pedals and they don't map that way and work fine. That said, I haven't ever encountered this in any other game.

It doesn't appear to be possible through the mapping interface under control setup to omit the (-) axis. However, there's that Configure Controllers tab which supposedly allows you to customize a controller, but I've never been able to understand it as it doesn't label anything (clicking [show] just displays sensitivity numbers) and it isn't documented anywhere?

So...I'm hoping someone here knows of a way to have ArmA 3 map those axis without automatically assigning a (-) axis?

And if anyone can explain the Configure Controllers > Customization feature or point me to a reference, that would be much appreciated too.

I map the Thrust (Analog) +/- but make sure you remove the other thrust mappings for your joystick