On 10/21/2022 at 7:25 AM, Zyryanoff said:

Hello! Bumped into your beautiful mods and wanna thank you for investing your time and code into them. Using with pleasure.

I've watched some vids from 2019 with your attempts of trying to fix ARMA3's AI.

Also seen your TSF project where you forced bots to move by drawing lines. I guess it's pretty broken for now as disclaimer says.

Any updates about your AI rework project for ARMA 3 or waypoint system is unbeatable for creating a normal bots movement behavior?

Or time has passed and your priorities have changed.

PS I follow Dayz development process for years and it hasn't been really funny to see how Bohemia tried to "fix" zombies in Dayz for years. Finally managed to do it only when they moved to Enfusion.

I never was a big ARMA player but when finally decided to dive into third then was surprised how Bi combined beautiful complex systems with messy bot AI. They say that's for open-landed combat - tell me that after one more tank goes back into water in vain attempts to generate a route)

Hi. I'm currently taking a break from gaming. I'll get back to it in a month or two.
As for the progress, this is what I am (was) doing:

There were some limitations that I couldn't overcome, such as caching object animations which didn't work on wind turbines (and any object with time dependent animations), but they were relatively minor (the turbine, for example, would only cause problems for air vehicles)
The new async path finding algorithm is also partly done. But that's just about it. So the development of the new "AI engine" is still far from complete.
Unfortunately most of the features I needed were ignored by the devs, and from the looks of it they may never add it. So the project will never look as good/complete as I wanted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 10/26/2022 at 4:18 PM, Leopard20 said:

There were some limitations that I couldn't overcome, such as caching object animations which didn't work on wind turbines (and any object with time dependent animations), but they were relatively minor (the turbine, for example, would only cause problems for air vehicles)
The new async path finding algorithm is also partly done. But that's just about it. So the development of the new "AI engine" is still far from complete.
Unfortunately most of the features I needed were ignored by the devs, and from the looks of it they may never add it. So the project will never look as good/complete as I wanted.

Yeah, thanks. I've read that one.

And I can imagine that attempts of synchronizing external calculations and internal game processes are complex.

ARMA 3 is slowly going to history but such things like your AI rework can possibly breath in fresh air into it.

Allied AI pathfinding is the reason why a lot of my friends gave up with singleplayer.

34 minutes ago, aDRI-37458bb81ef6ec57 said:

Is this project dead?

literally a couple of posts above yours:

On 10/26/2022 at 2:18 PM, Leopard20 said:

Hi. I'm currently taking a break from gaming. I'll get back to it in a month or two.
As for the progress, this is what I am (was) doing:

Version 1.5.0

# Added:
* Ability to edit all friendly sides in Zeus
* Ability to edit enemies in Zeus (you must check the option "Allow editing non-friendly units")

# Improved:
* Zeus interface can now open slightly faster in bigger maps
* Future proof method for detecting medical items (except for ACE and other mods with non-vanilla medical features)

# Fixed:
* Medical items from GM and SOG were not detected.
* Minor fixes to misc medical features

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1893300731

https://github.com/Leopard20/All-In-One-Command-Menu/releases/latest

Please note that the Zeus and Medical features might behave differently. Leave a feedback if you notice anything unusual!

• Like 3

I've been using C2.  Recently, somebody mentioned this mod in a C2 thread, so I decided to investigate.  I installed the mod and disabled C2 to compare the two.

Question:  The vanilla Medic AI is horrible.  I'll tell a Medic to heal an injured soldier and he doesn't.  He just stands there looking stupid.  Does All-In-One fix that?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rick E said:

I've been using C2.  Recently, somebody mentioned this mod in a C2 thread, so I decided to investigate.  I installed the mod and disabled C2 to compare the two.

Question:  The vanilla Medic AI is horrible.  I'll tell a Medic to heal an injured soldier and he doesn't.  He just stands there looking stupid.  Does All-In-One fix that?

I use automedic:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1344167676&searchtext=automedic

On 7/22/2023 at 6:53 PM, Rick E said:

I wouldn't say it "fixes it" but it's better. There's also an auto-medic feature but I don't recommend it. Just tell the AI to heal you manually.

• Like 2

Hi, after ACE3's latest update, there are some rpt errors regard AIO Command Menu when I order AIs to heal themselves(press Y  to open AIO Command Menu, then press 1 infantry commands ---> 1 heal up!):

Spoiler

20:17:09 Error in expression <index", "_amount", "_percentage"];
if ((_amount * _percentage) > 0) exitWith { _>
20:17:09   Error position: <_amount * _percentage) > 0) exitWith { _>
20:17:09   Error 未定义的变量表达(meaning "Undefined variable representation" I think):_amount
20:17:09 File AIO_AIMENU\functions\unitCommands\medical\fn_heal_ace.sqf..., line 49
20:17:09 Error in expression <index", "_amount", "_percentage"];
20:17:09   Error position: <_amount * _percentage) > 0) exitWith { _>
20:17:09   Error 未定义的变量表达:_amount
20:17:09 File AIO_AIMENU\functions\unitCommands\medical\fn_heal_ace.sqf..., line 49
20:17:12 Error in expression <index", "_amount", "_percentage"];
20:17:12   Error position: <_amount * _percentage) > 0) exitWith { _>
20:17:12   Error 未定义的变量表达:_amount
20:17:12 File AIO_AIMENU\functions\unitCommands\medical\fn_heal_ace.sqf..., line 49
20:17:12 Error in expression <index", "_amount", "_percentage"];

I also enabled these 2 newly introduced settings:

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/9362

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/9458

So by default, AIs will heal themselves by actually using/consuming ACE bandages, but when using your mod's ‘1 infantry commands ---> 1 heal up!’ command, AIs will play heal animation, but their wounds will stay untreated(and not consume ACE bandages).

Could you please have a look, thanks!

Edited by HBAOplus