Are you guys using any AI mods (eg. VCOM, etc) alongside AIO or is it interfering  too much with the control of your own AI units in your squad?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Are you guys using any AI mods (eg. VCOM, etc) alongside AIO or is it interfering  too much with the control of your own AI units in your squad?

The problem, in my view, is that the graphic which carries the various command, sometimes doesn't die when it should, especially when loading AI in vehicles.

Hello! I would like to report some bugs.

I don't see any difference in the interface when I enable Use Vanilla Menus. If it's supposed to do what I think it's supposed to do something is not working. An unfortunate bug for me, because the vanilla Scan The Horizon command is a nice option to have. So is the Heal That Soldier command that normally appears in Arma on number key 6 when you select the medic and have wounded soldiers in your squad. I can use the AIO Heal Up command instead but..

When I use the AIO Medical system, either auto-medic or by pressing Y -> Infantry Commands -> Heal Up, sometimes the healed units don't resume what they were doing and stay in formation. Tested ordering the medic to heal wounded soldiers with and without AIO, and with vanilla healing they always resume moving to the previously given waypoint. It would be really nice if the vanilla healing option was accessible.

And another bug, although it might be just visual, is when units being healed run away from the medic before he finishes healing them. Haven't seen it happen in vanilla as well. I don't know if this affects the quality of healing but it's weird seeing them healing the air.

2 hours ago, hieronymus said:

Hello! I would like to report some bugs.

I don't see any difference in the interface when I enable Use Vanilla Menus. If it's supposed to do what I think it's supposed to do something is not working. An unfortunate bug for me, because the vanilla Scan The Horizon command is a nice option to have. So is the Heal That Soldier command that normally appears in Arma on number key 6 when you select the medic and have wounded soldiers in your squad. I can use the AIO Heal Up command instead but..

When I use the AIO Medical system, either auto-medic or by pressing Y -> Infantry Commands -> Heal Up, sometimes the healed units don't resume what they were doing and stay in formation. Tested ordering the medic to heal wounded soldiers with and without AIO, and with vanilla healing they always resume moving to the previously given waypoint. It would be really nice if the vanilla healing option was accessible.

And another bug, although it might be just visual, is when units being healed run away from the medic before he finishes healing them. Haven't seen it happen in vanilla as well. I don't know if this affects the quality of healing but it's weird seeing them healing the air.

Just a heads up; you can use shift+key for the vanilla menus.  I agree with your assessment otherwise, especially the need to scan horizon or scan a specific direction.   

don't see any difference in the interface when I enable Use Vanilla Menus.

It's for another thing.
As mentioned in the Notes/FAQ, you can disable the custom commanding menus by unbinding their keys (mod controls, not vanilla controls)

Alternatively, using shift/alt/ctrl+numbers allow you to access vanilla commanding menus without any unbinding.

19 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

sometimes the healed units don't resume what they were doing and stay in formation.

Yes. Some commands are not compatible. They only resume simple commands like move, stay in formation, and stop.

when units being healed run away from the medic before he finishes healing them

They're already healed. The medic animation may take forever to finish, so they just move away. My mod uses procedural healing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leopard20 said:

It's for another thing.
As mentioned in the Notes/FAQ, you can disable the custom commanding menus by unbinding their keys (mod controls, not vanilla controls)

Alternatively, using shift/alt/ctrl+numbers allow you to access vanilla commanding menus without any unbinding.

Yes. Some commands are not compatible. They only resume simple commands like move, stay in formation, and stop.

Thanks. I disabled it by unbinding.

The problem is even a simple move command isn't resumed. Just tested it again, spawned an assault squad on Stratis, shot the nearest team member in the leg twice, ordered the squad to move 400 m down the airstrip, waited a few seconds to confirm that all of them were moving toward it, then selected the wounded soldier and pressed Y, 1, Heal up. The soldier stopped, the medic run up to him, healed him and the soldier just returned to formation. The medic returned too. Happened three times in a row. Did the same thing using vanilla healing and the soldier resumed moving toward the waypoint.

16 hours ago, hieronymus said:

The problem is even a simple move command isn't resumed.

Ok, I'll test it this weekend and publish a fix if I can reproduce the issue.

6 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Ok, I'll test it this weekend and publish a fix if I can reproduce the issue.

This seems to affect vanilla waypoints (when you select units and click on the map, then use AiO Y/1/Heal Up command) more frequently than AiO waypoints. But it happens to AiO waypoints too, although the units tend to just stop rather then return to formation.

When I assign vanilla waypoints and use vanilla healing they seem to always resume moving to the waypoint.  

15 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

How do I use the Trigger codes in the waypoint menu please?

They don't work 😓

In the AIO Command Menu you can disable fatigue (or sometimes already is disabled when the mission maker did that via init too). I noticed that even with disabled fatigue the character is still being affected by the actual fatigue state. You can see this when aiming through the scope and hold breath. When the character would be fatigued (while that setting is enabled) you can only hold breath for a second. If you now disable fatigue, he can run and sprint again, but is still not able to hold breath for more than a second. Is there any way to circumvent this?

19 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

In the AIO Command Menu you can disable fatigue (or sometimes already is disabled when the mission maker did that via init too). I noticed that even with disabled fatigue the character is still being affected by the actual fatigue state. You can see this when aiming through the scope and hold breath. When the character would be fatigued (while that setting is enabled) you can only hold breath for a second. If you now disable fatigue, he can run and sprint again, but is still not able to hold breath for more than a second. Is there any way to circumvent this?

I don't think so. At least not via scripting.

1 hour ago, Leopard20 said:

I don't think so. At least not via scripting.

That actually brought me to an idea. I believe that the engine still calculates the stamina state, also when fatigue is disabled. Disabling it just prevents its effects. When we'd use a very light script that dynamically or via a light loop kinda fills the stamina level, so it would never (or at least only for short moment) be depleted. Of course this would require the ability to control stamina levels via sqf, what I'm not sure about.

8 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

That actually brought me to an idea. I believe that the engine still calculates the stamina state, also when fatigue is disabled. Disabling it just prevents its effects. When we'd use a very light script that dynamically or via a light loop kinda fills the stamina level, so it would never (or at least only for short moment) be depleted. Of course this would require the ability to control stamina levels via sqf, what I'm not sure about.

No. Disabling it is the correct way to do it. When you disable it, it sets your stamina to the maximum value possible.
Running out of breath when aiming has nothing to do with stamina, and it cannot be controlled via scripting.

1 hour ago, rainbow47 said:

Is it dead or still WIP?

Leopard is still hard at work in favor of the Arma community but now a lot closer to the actual Arma 3 devs and so he has been able to contribute tremendously helping with bug fixing and the addition of many new features and tools that will not only favor his work but the work of all modders and mission makers while the players benefit from a more stable and less buggy game.

I am sure he still has many cool ideas regarding this and other projects of his but I can assure you he is now contributing like very few other community members have.

The other semi dev doing such amazing work being R3VO.

I really hope those kind souls get rewarded by BI with at least a free Arma 4 for all their incredible contributions over the years.

• Like 7

On 7/9/2021 at 6:01 PM, rainbow47 said:

Is it dead or still WIP?

Well I want to say neither (?!)
The core features of the mod have been almost done for a long time. It's the performance issues that have slowed things down. In a test, I could barely use my whole squad (9 AI) without my FPS starting to dip. That's just way below my design goal.

I wanted the mod to have no dependency on other mods, preferably even entirely script based so you could just drag and drop it into the mission. The script-only idea was completely scrapped due to some issues with the anim collision geometries which I had to solve by recreating almost the entire Arma animations (and even adding new ones for other problems).

The performance problems however, could not be solved in any reasonable way (even though I rewrote many things many times from the scratch over and over just to eke out a little more performance), because SQF is simply not fast enough for that. So I just completely gave up on scripting.

I'm currently porting the scripts to C++, using Intercept, and sometimes still rewriting things because of new abilities that C++ gives me. There still will be some SQF involved so it won't be as fast as native code, but at least the code is now compiled, so at least I won't be wasting any performance for loops, control structures, vector operations, geometric calculations, etc. Also there's a lot more room for manual memory and CPU management, caching, and even some multithreading, so it'll be much better.

Just to give you some rough numbers, some features are now 5-10x faster, which is insane! (and impossible to achieve with scripts)

The only downside, of course, is that the mod will be available in a dll format (there will be PBO stuff too, but only for the anim stuff I mentioned), and will probably require Intercept and CBA (because Intercept requires CBA)

The core features still need some work, but that part is out of my hands, due to lack of some SQF commands (which I hope that the devs will add at some point, so I'm just using place holders for now)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Small update:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1893300731

# Added
* New action for launching flares. Note: it's similar to the "assemble" action. i.e, you point the cursor to where you want the AI to be, and your direction will determine the launch direction. Alternatively you can use the map (open the map before selecting which round to fire, i.e when you see the * sign in the menu item, again similar to the "assemble" action)
* New option for disabling the High Command menu.

# Fixed
* Error when refreshing group
* Occasional error when opening the waypoint UI when unit had no valid rank, or was dead.

Note: I'll probably not update this mod anymore (except for critical bug fixes) until the release of the Super AI mod. This is because vanilla AI is a really annoying to work with compared to my Super AI.
Once that mod is released, I'll rewrite this mod using my own custom UI (instead of vanilla command menus) to be more user friendly and responsive.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

On 11/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, Leopard20 said:

Small update:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1893300731

# Added
* New action for launching flares. Note: it's similar to the "assemble" action. i.e, you point the cursor to where you want the AI to be, and your direction will determine the launch direction. Alternatively you can use the map (open the map before selecting which round to fire, i.e when you see the * sign in the menu item, again similar to the "assemble" action)
* New option for disabling the High Command menu.

# Fixed
* Error when refreshing group
* Occasional error when opening the waypoint UI when unit had no valid rank, or was dead.

Note: I'll probably not update this mod anymore (except for critical bug fixes) until the release of the Super AI mod. This is because vanilla AI is a really annoying to work with compared to my Super AI.
Once that mod is released, I'll rewrite this mod using my own custom UI (instead of vanilla command menus) to be more user friendly and responsive.

Hey Leopard been keeping track of the Super AI mod since you posted the video. Quick question. Will Super AI only be effective and made for Squad AI for your team. Or is this something that will affect enemy AI ( And all AI ) ingame?

1 hour ago, PattyPN said:

Hey Leopard been keeping track of the Super AI mod since you posted the video. Quick question. Will Super AI only be effective and made for Squad AI for your team. Or is this something that will affect enemy AI ( And all AI ) ingame?

It's mostly for player's squad. But it's possible to activate it for more squads (friendly or enemy) as well. But you probably won't be able to activate it for more than 2-3 squads at once before performance degrades, due to more CPU usage than vanilla AI. I'm still not done with the C++ port, so not sure about the exact performance.

On 11/22/2021 at 9:29 PM, Leopard20 said:

It's mostly for player's squad. But it's possible to activate it for more squads (friendly or enemy) as well. But you probably won't be able to activate it for more than 2-3 squads at once before performance degrades, due to more CPU usage than vanilla AI. I'm still not done with the C++ port, so not sure about the exact performance.

wow. I was hoping to make epic zeus coop mission, sad.

Feature request then: give Zeus ability to turn on/off Super AI for any AI unit/squad.

so Zeus can choose where and when Super AI can be used on the battlefield

p.s.: any development videos soon?

Good day !

If possible, can you please make a separate mod that only affects the AI pathfinding (For better performance) ? It will be great if the AI can use Enhanced Movement and won't get stuck at the sight of simple obstacles or when crossing bridges.

In my opinion, the terrible AI pathfinding is the main and biggest issue of the Arma 3, this makes it impossible to play with AI on most maps. On the Weferlingen map, the AI cannot cross bridges, the same is on the Cam Lao Nam map, even on the new deserted map from the last DLС Sefrou-Ramal AI manages to get stuck. 

Thank you so much for your work !

13 hours ago, Alith Evo said:

Good day !

If possible, can you please make a separate mod that only affects the AI pathfinding (For better performance) ? It will be great if the AI can use Enhanced Movement and won't get stuck at the sight of simple obstacles or when crossing bridges.

In my opinion, the terrible AI pathfinding is the main and biggest issue of the Arma 3, this makes it impossible to play with AI on most maps. On the Weferlingen map, the AI cannot cross bridges, the same is on the Cam Lao Nam map, even on the new deserted map from the last DLС Sefrou-Ramal AI manages to get stuck. 

Thank you so much for your work !

Sadly it's not possible. There's no way to change the vanilla AI path.
I might make a lite version of Super AI, if possible.

• Like 1

Update:
* Added SQF bytecode to almost all functions, which improves performance (faster game launch + faster code execution)
* Fixed an infinite loop that caused some functions, like Become Leader On Team Switch, to never work. This bug has been there since I made the mod and I'm surprised no one ever reported it until yesterday...

• Like 3

Update:
*  Fixed: Units disappearing from vehicles after save (due to a game bug, which didn't save those units into the file for some reason)

• Like 3