3 hours ago, HBAOplus said:

Hi, does the Enabling/disabling fatigue feature in the cheat menu also compatible with ACE3 advanced fatigue?

Hi. I never tried it but I guess it should be. It depends how it works.

• Like 1

Question regarding Superior Intelligence. Do you plan to  add suppressing AI fire at long distances with support of any addons weapons?  

I noticed that it is impossible to make a firefight at a distance of more than 900m  (for example 1200m) if AI don`t have  optics and long barrels they don`t shoot even with scripts. 

I understand that the fire will not be aimed, but I would like to spread more or less towards the player. In reality, this is how any military conflict works, and 90% of the bullets fly simply to suppress the enemy at long distances. 

Spoiler

It all depends strictly on the weapon itself. Each weapon in CfgWeapons has min / mid / maxRange parameters. 

1 hour ago, sammael said:

Question regarding Superior Intelligence. Do you plan to  add suppressing AI fire at long distances with support of any addons weapons?  

I noticed that it is impossible to make a firefight at a distance of more than 900m  (for example 1200m) if AI don`t have  optics and long barrels they don`t shoot even with scripts. 

I understand that the fire will not be aimed, but I would like to spread more or less towards the player. In reality, this is how any military conflict works, and 90% of the bullets fly simply to suppress the enemy at long distances. 

Hide contents

It all depends strictly on the weapon itself. Each weapon in CfgWeapons has min / mid / maxRange parameters. 

I don't use those. I approximate those values based on the bullet properties. So the Super AI can fire up to however far their bullets can go.
But they don't always use the maximum range. That depends on how "certain" a shot is.
For example, if all they have is an MX rifle, they never fire at a target 1 km away (even if it has a scope) unless the target is also shooting at them, in which case they simply fire back for suppression, as you mentioned.
This is because the maximum muzzle speed of a typical MX rifle round is slow, around ~750 m/s iirc, and the bullet takes ~2 seconds to get there.
They might however do this with a Lynx rifle, which has faster bullets with less drag (~1150 m/s iirc)

Thank you very much for putting your effort and time and using your talent for something meaningful as this. 

I have a high expectation on your super AI. Please make it to the release. You can do it!

• Like 1

Update v1.3.4:

# Fixed:
* Medical: Units would sometimes get stuck in revive state (for example, when healed by another mod or the cheat)

# Improved:
* Minor performance optimizations

• Like 6

Hotfix:

# Fixed:
* Removed some commands that would throw errors on the stable branch of the game.

They fixed some other bugs but I forgot they only exist in the dev branch. I'll re-add them when v2.02 of the game comes out.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/unitCombatMode
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setUnitCombatMode

Sorry about the inconvenience.

• Like 5

Hotfix:
# Fixed:
* CBA Settings were not being applied since the last update.

• Like 3

Thanks for the update. It’s my favourite mod. 

One thing I realised that my squad is still sometimes dying although I added revivability via cheat. Any idea what is causing this? Any workaround?

48 minutes ago, rainbow47 said:

Thanks for the update. It’s my favourite mod. 

One thing I realised that my squad is still sometimes dying although I added revivability via cheat. Any idea what is causing this? Any workaround?

They die if killed within 60 seconds since their last death (except for the player). It's like a "cool down" feature. I figured it'd be too "cheaty" if they just became immortal, so I added the cool down.

44 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

They die if killed within 60 seconds since their last death (except for the player). It's like a "cool down" feature. I figured it'd be too "cheaty" if they just became immortal, so I added the cool down.

Never notes, but I like that! ....and if it was for me, I'll add a severe speed/sway/aim/load penalty in those 60 seconds to simulate some sort of "recovery" features. That will teach a team leader to move wisely his units or pretty soon he's gonna lead a team of zombies.

Hey man super keen for SuperAI ive got a bunch of mates that play on a dedicated server.

would be super keen to try this out when you release it for multiplayer. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Is SuperAI still being developed? If yes, do you plan beta tests?

Thanks

yes&yes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Update:

# Fixed:
* Support units could not be created since the last update

• Like 3

I have not tested with today's update, but looking for confirmation from others...  When I set the ROE for a specific unit in my group, or I set ROE for the whole group, and then I fire, they're no longer opening fire when the ROE is "Fire on my lead."  They're still staying in the Hold Fire state.  This is a new issue, as I never had the problem before one of the last couple of updates.  Sorry, not sure which one changed it.

3 minutes ago, gatordev said:

I have not tested with today's update, but looking for confirmation from others...  When I set the ROE for a specific unit in my group, or I set ROE for the whole group, and then I fire, they're no longer opening fire when the ROE is "Fire on my lead."  They're still staying in the Hold Fire state.  This is a new issue, as I never had the problem before one of the last couple of updates.  Sorry, not sure which one changed it.

thanks for the feedback. I'll look into it

@gatordev
Yeah it's related to this update:

I had batch replaced a lot of old methods for switching the combat mode with the new engine method.
But I didn't notice it was only available in the DEV build.
I forgot to change back all of them
will fix ASAP

Cool, thanks for looking!  I'm on DEV, if that matters, but I understand you were with holding some of those fixes until it went released.

Update:
# Fixed:
* Fire on my lead was broken since a few versions ago.

# Improved:
* Fire on my lead now works from inside vehicles.

• Like 1

By the way, somebody reported that they couldn't get the mod updates and they had to unsubscribe and subscribe for the mod to be updated
Can anyone else confirm? For example, did you receive the latest update (without it fire on my lead should not work)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Update was smooth and Fire on my Lead works. 

thanks for the update!

Ah, ok, thanks for letting me know.

Apologies because you have heard the question probably already a million times but how far are we away from a Super AI beta test?

On 1/26/2021 at 3:10 PM, rainbow47 said:

Update was smooth and Fire on my Lead works. 

thanks for the update!

Worked for me, as well.

I am still having issues with having a unit in my group who is flying a helicopter land and stay on the ground long enough for me to get in.  The pilot is always eager to go flying again and not wait for the player (leader).  I seem to have the best luck with Combat Landings, but even then...  Is there a preferred state the pilot should be in?  Like Aware versus Combat?

Even with this issue, I'm still finding AIO to be a necessity.  It allows the player to fix little Arma engine bugs on the fly and not having to reload a whole mission from the last saved point.  Thanks for continuing to keep this alive!