3 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

It's related to some bug in the vanilla game. I'm still not sure how it happens, but I guess when you use enableAI and disableAI in the same frame the AI feature gets bugged and stays on/off no matter what you do. The only fix is to recreate the unit.

I've made some tweaks in today's update. Hopefully it does fix the issue (I didn't have time to verify it)

It doesn't matter whether you select units after or before opening the menu. 

If you can't it's a bug, and I'm gonna need more details.

Alright, I just tested and you are absolutely correct, it does not matter if we select units before or after. Thing is that as soon as we select a unit in our squad, the standard vanilla menu appears (Move, Regroup and so on commands). But press Y regardless and your menu shows up. All is good

• Like 1

In c2 there's an ability to "reset" ? units that often helped me to resolve such issues.

Is there an ability to order a team member to throw grenades (at specific point), and/or launch them as well?

Also, I'm trying to use the all in on command menu (Y) with articulate (a voice command) and it's fine, I just can't revert the main menus to vanilla menus. There's the option in the configure addons page for All in one, but enabling that so as to revert to the original vanilla root menus doesn't work). If I could revert those menus to vanilla it'd work fine. Any idea why that option is not working? (I've tried starting a new mission and still doesn't work, plus overwriting etc..)

Final question (this round), I've yet to see anyone carrying or dragging anyone even when they;re wounded. What triggers this, as you'd mentioned it should happen automatically.

9 minutes ago, gnosis89 said:

In c2 there's an ability to "reset" ? units that often helped me to resolve such issues

The Unstick and Recreate units in my mod are for the same purpose.

10 minutes ago, gnosis89 said:

Is there an ability to order a team member to throw grenades (at specific point), and/or launch them as well?

no

What about the ability to return base menus to vanilla? Is that currently bugged (explained what I tried in previous post) This way I could use a voice command with your mod. And they compliment eachother very well. More complex commands (and additional commands) I'd use the all in one

Also, "I've yet to see anyone carrying or dragging anyone even when they;re wounded. What triggers this, as you'd mentioned it should happen automatically."

1 hour ago, gnosis89 said:

What about the ability to return base menus to vanilla? Is that currently bugged (explained what I tried in previous post) This way I could use a voice command with your mod. And they compliment eachother very well. More complex commands (and additional commands) I'd use the all in one

Also, "I've yet to see anyone carrying or dragging anyone even when they;re wounded. What triggers this, as you'd mentioned it should happen automatically."

Again, you should read the manual. I've explained how to disable custom menus in Note 6.

They're not bugged AFAIK. It's just the order of menu items are different so you might not be able to use them with voice command.

The medics can drag patients only if:
1. The unit is unconscious (ACE unconscious might not work because it constantly messes with unit animations)
2. He's killed by an enemy or they see enemy nearby

3. They can find a safe position to drag the unit to

25 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

Again, you should read the manual. I've explained how to disable custom menus in Note 6.

They're not bugged AFAIK. It's just the order of menu items are different so you might not be able to use them with voice command.

1. The unit is unconscious (ACE unconscious might not work because it constantly messes with unit animations)

edit:

Changed the number options and it's working great now, awesome. Thanks mate.

Regarding  medics and dragging, I'm not using ACE. I still have never seen them drag anyone, much less so if they're dead....Does this apply to all AI, or just AI in my squad? (same for healing?)

Is there any easy way to move things between player inventory and AI inventory? (To have access to both, like when you yourself click inventory action button on a dead body for example)

Also, does the complete rearming you talked about on page one take place automatically, because I have some issue with trying to get them to rearm manually and it's quite cumbersome....

I can get them to "open up pack" via Y menu, but it just shows me their load out. I have no way of quickly putting things I have for them in their settup.

Again, many many thanks Leopard for all this amazing work and especially for answering all my questions (even if some of them are rather ignorant, so another thanks for being patient).

24 minutes ago, gnosis89 said:

I still have never seen them drag anyone, much less so if they're dead....Does this apply to all AI, or just AI in my squad?

How can they drag the dead (or even why)?!
Are you sure the conditions I mentioned all apply? Try my revive cheat, see if it works.

It only applies to your own squad. And you must manually tell them to heal up. As explained in the Workshop page, my mod doesn't modify the AI so you should do everything manually.

30 minutes ago, gnosis89 said:

Is there any easy way to move things between player inventory and AI inventory

Not available right now. I'll add it.
You can have two AI open their inventories the way you said if you select 2 of them when you use the Inventory option. I guess there was a reason I didn't add it for the player though (I don't remember what it was!)

32 minutes ago, gnosis89 said:

Also, does the complete rearming you talked about on page one take place automatically,

No. Again my mod doesn't issue commands automatically.
What do you mean by cumbersome?! All you have to do is select Rearm from the Actions menu. Then select automatic rearming. Easy-peasy.

47 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

I responded in response to 2.

Would using TPW mods interfere with this? (possibly bleedout??) I wouldn't think so...

Yeah, the rearm is pretty easy in that regard.

I'm still sometimes having difficulty with my own medics coming to heal me, and other men. Is there a way to manually call them to heal me when injured and/or tell them to heal any other possibly injured men(or specify)?

I'd appreciate that addition, so far as inventory goes. Also, any plans on adding in the ability to tell AI to throw grenades at location/launchers?

3 minutes ago, gnosis89 said:

I responded in response to 2.

By killed I meant unconscious! Poor phrasing on my part.

4 minutes ago, gnosis89 said:

I'm still sometimes having difficulty with my own medics coming to heal me, and other men.

It might be caused by some other medical related mod, including TPW (due to its auto-medic feature).

When you issue the Heal Up command, check the Waypoint UI. If you don't see any medic icon, it means something is interfering.

The medics always prioritize the player.

I do see when I'm injured that the medic icon comes up, it's just that sometimes they won't come to me, they'll just dally around doing other things.

I'll look into disabling some TPW settings to see if that makes a difference. In most firefights with quite a few men, do you usually see the dragging/carrying taking place?

2 hours ago, gnosis89 said:

I do see when I'm injured that the medic icon comes up, it's just that sometimes they won't come to me, they'll just dally around doing other things.

I'll look into disabling some TPW settings to see if that makes a difference. In most firefights with quite a few men, do you usually see the dragging/carrying taking place?

Well it should. It's not randomized or anything so if the conditions are met, it will definitely happen. Obviously it is more likely to happen in urban/forest areas than a barren wasteland.

Update:

https://github.com/leopard20/All-In-One-Command-Menu/releases/tag/v1.2.2-Beta

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1893300731

# Added:
* Expanded the Inventory command with more options

# Improved:
* Medics with more items are preferred over those with fewer items
* Targets menu now shows all targets.

# Fixed:
* Added some placeholder icons for the new tasking commands.
* Targets menu didn't work with numpad keys.

• Like 4

Just updated the mod with a quick hotfix. If you don't use SW, plz redownload.
Sorry about the inconvenience.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Just updated the mod with a quick hotfix. If you don't use SW, plz redownload.
Sorry about the inconvenience.

Awesome, thanks mate.

I heard of someone using C2 with this and TPW and ACE well. So I may give that a try later. For now I'm just running CBA3, TPW, Incon effects, enhanced movement, enhanced movement rework, AiO and I've never seen the dragging/carrying. Could it possible be Incon effects? I know it changes the ragdolls...Can't see how it'd be enhanced movement/rework.

May try disabling TPW and incon and seeing how it goes. May as well try disabling all but CBA3 and see just to make sure.

EDIT:

Tried disabling all other mods expect the CBA3 base and still in any environment don't see anyone dragging/carrying.

lol i never knew that was a feature of this mod but i remember last time playing Arma 3, got shot and injured in a heavy cqb firefight and after calling out "Injured~!~", an AI medic came around shot a few rounds off and then dragged me behind a wall and healed me - i was shocked! Didnt know what mod had caused it -guess it was this one 😄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

lol i never knew that was a feature of this mod but i remember last time playing Arma 3, got shot and injured in a heavy cqb firefight and after calling out "Injured~!~", an AI medic came around shot a few rounds off and then dragged me behind a wall and healed me - i was shocked! Didnt know what mod had caused it -guess it was this one 😄

How long have you played with this before noticing that though?

54 minutes ago, gnosis89 said:

How long have you played with this before noticing that though?

Cant say as i rarely if ever play Arma 3 anymore

4 hours ago, gnosis89 said:

Awesome, thanks mate.

I heard of someone using C2 with this and TPW and ACE well. So I may give that a try later. For now I'm just running CBA3, TPW, Incon effects, enhanced movement, enhanced movement rework, AiO and I've never seen the dragging/carrying. Could it possible be Incon effects? I know it changes the ragdolls...Can't see how it'd be enhanced movement/rework.

May try disabling TPW and incon and seeing how it goes. May as well try disabling all but CBA3 and see just to make sure.

EDIT:

Tried disabling all other mods expect the CBA3 base and still in any environment don't see anyone dragging/carrying.

Did you try using my mod's revive cheat?

19 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Did you try using my mod's revive cheat?

I have tried that, multiple times.

On another note, I noticed that going in and out of combat stance can prohibit units from flanking and advancing, and makes regroup work somewhat oddly (they don't regroup nearly as well). Using just vanilla I don't have this issue. I have to tell them to take stance aware in order for them to start following such orders well again...which is unfortunate, given that they are most useful when in combat. I just thought they were supposed to move with weapons raised and more slowly in combat stance...

EDIT:

Just today I saw it happen. One of my squad members started dragging me and it was amazing...then it bugged out as we were both shot. I ended up in a standing position unable to move (frozen) and unable to die....

Update:
https://github.com/leopard20/All-In-One-Command-Menu/releases/latest

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1893300731

# Fixed:
* Mount: Units would sometimes stick out of vehicles with door animations (CUP/RHS/IFA3,GM,etc. vehicles mostly)
* Support: Before adding Artillery groups to player, a delay is added to make sure the vehicle is mounted. Otherwise the group wouldn't appear in the supports menu.
* General: Added time limit to some infinite loops to make sure they can terminate. This avoids unnecessary load on the scheduler.
* Tasking: Added a more rigorous method for changing the units' "currentCommand" into "STOP" (required for tasking)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, BurnerTactical said:

@Leopard20 Any updates for the Superior Intelligence AI? Thanks for all the hard work!

I've been putting more time into it lately due to having nothing else to do (because of the coronavirus outbreak, of course). So there has been some good progress.

For the record, I have set 3 milestones for the mod:

1. Proof of concept: making sure it's possible to make a new AI by implementing some of the basic functions.

This was what I showed you in the first video.

2. Completing (sometimes rewriting) and optimizing all functions required for individual AI, to make sure each one can do what they have to do. This includes movement, formation, targeting, shooting, path generation, cover system, suppression system, etc. In other words, all fundamental functions for an AI.

This is what I'm doing right now. I can't move on until I make sure all of them work properly. This is an interconnected system, so even a simple error in one part can lead to several problems in the others.

Recently, I've decided to do something about the vehicle AI. Don't get your hopes up though, as I can't manipulate vehicles like the infantry units. There's simply not enough commands available. But I believe something can be done.

I will post a video to show you the results when this step is complete.

3. Completing all functions required for AI groups; this makes them work as a team (right now there's no cohesion between them). This is similar to what most other AI mods do. I have more plans, of course.

• Like 8

Since you are looking at vehicles for your super AI,  I would like to share two issues with vanilla and every AI mod out there. Don't know if there is anything you can do about this in the scope of your mod...

1 - Armed vehicles don't stay far enough to be effective, they always dive into the action and of course are readily neutralised. The other problem with this is that in mixed dismounted and vehicle groups, vehicles always arrive first at their target without any cover. I don't know if this is possible to solve without messing with waypoints, though.

2 - Crews don't disembark properly. In the case of unarmored vehicles they should disembark far enough to keep their vehicle and driver at safe range. In the case of APC's they can approach to directly assault a position but then rapidly disembark and cover, like these guys do: https://streamable.com/e7mzfv

Thanks!

1 hour ago, b3lx said:

2 - Crews don't disembark properly. In the case of unarmored vehicles they should disembark far enough to keep their vehicle and driver at safe range. In the case of APC's they can approach to directly assault a position but then rapidly disembark and cover, like these guys do: https://streamable.com/e7mzfv

What is this  -its almost like these soldiers disembark, and all orient at one single threat direction?! What kind of AI does this?? Wheres the wheeling around, kneeling, wheeling the opposite direction etc...? Not believable!

• Haha 1