How can i make my AI teammates use IR-Lasers on their weapons? Command from menu doesn't work for me now... As well as turn NVG on\off.

Was watching your AI video again

and the thing that I really dig about it is the way you've made the AI stay oriented on his threat. Like when in the long distance battle at 8:30 -that AI comes across as really responding with urgent attention to his primary threat at hand - cant emphasize enough how lacking that is in Vanilla. In vanilla, he would have just dropped prone, stand up wheel around at insanely slow speed lock on target shoot, kneel, wheel around...ad nauseum.

What would be really great is if BI added a few more combat movement animations such as taking small adjustment steps instead of wheeling, and something other than how they walk pull up their sights and angle away from threat which is just insane in a CQB firefight. Speaking of which, the point blank combat at 9:14 again the AI stays totally oriented (focused) on his threat -  thats amazing but curious what happens if he discovers a threat from either flank?

23 hours ago, LAVIE123 said:

someone can tell me how edit all units invincible?

Do you mean you want to make units invincible? If you have access to the debug console in the mission (or console mods, such as FHQ debug), you can execute this code to make your entire squad invincible:

{
_x allowDamage false
} forEach units group player

@Disgusting_Man

19 hours ago, Disgusting_Man said:

How can i make my AI teammates use IR-Lasers on their weapons? Command from menu doesn't work for me now... As well as turn NVG on\off.

These two features depend on time of day and combat mode. Also, some mods can modify them on their own. Plus, I think right now the NVG (and maybe the IR Laser too) is handled by the vanilla AI's new NVG feature. Anyway, I'll investigate the issue.

@froggyluv

5 hours ago, froggyluv said:

What would be really great is if BI added a few more combat movement animations such as taking small adjustment steps instead of wheeling, and something other than how they walk pull up their sights and angle away from threat which is just insane in a CQB firefight.

Agreed.

5 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Speaking of which, the point blank combat at 9:14 again the AI stays totally oriented (focused) on his threat -  thats amazing but curious what happens if he discovers a threat from either flank? 

At the moment, I use a target prioritization algorithm where targets that are closer and have "endangered" the AI shorter than a few seconds ago (_AI targetKnowledge _target select 3) are targeted first. Targets that are closer than 50m have even higher priority. I believe the vanilla AI have something similar (based on my observations, at least).

In addition, their aiming is much faster than vanilla AI now so they have a higher chance of eliminating all targets (especially vanilla targets) before getting killed.
There will be a class based accuracy feature when I complete the mod (e.g. Special Forces, Trained Soldiers, Guerilla Fighters, etc. as well as type of unit such as sniper) , so this still depends on their accuracy as well. Right now they all have the same accuracy level, so they can kill the target with their first few shots (still depends on other factors too).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LAVIE123 said:

Is this code can make new units join group invincible?

No. You would have to run the code again if your having new units join group Player -or create a loop which constantly checks. Or you could simply use a mod like SP Cheat mod which gives you a one click option to make all units group player invincible. 

Why are you asking this in this thread as it has nothing to do with this mod? 

15 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

There will be a class based accuracy feature when I complete the mod (e.g. Special Forces, Trained Soldiers, Guerilla Fighters, etc. as well as type of unit such as sniper) , so this still depends on their accuracy as well. Right now they all have the same accuracy level, so they can kill the target with their first few shots (still depends on other factors too).

Great to hear the class specific accuracy. One thing I play with is if player aims at a spec ops level enemy ai  ( if within 10m) they quickly do one of those Evasive side step animations and I temporarily raise their aimPrecision to 1 so that they're really challenging to fight up close. I think class based skills/behaviour/animations is sure way to up the overall combat immersion and strategy 

• Like 2

I don't see many problems with vanilla AI accuracy in general or at least I don't have in mind a better place than it is today, it's obviously circumstantial depending on weaponconfig, units skill, difficulty aim skill etc, but I feel they can easily match human accuracy and in some ways far exceed by a wide margin, like say against moving targets, while being reasonably scalable for different "needs". There were some very informative tests done by @nkenny  on AI accuracy, despite title it actually informs a lot on AI accuracy in general, especially with the most common assault rifle weapon class. Doesn't mean i want AI to get significantly less accurate overall as exemplified here, which I believe needs addressing as well(but probably won't be).

The real problem I see is how AI handles re-detection after having initially spotted a target once, and their detection at closer distance regardless of other factors that affects human spotting, especially combined with their close range precision at way beyond human level.

Also as far as I can tell, after a few quick turns and sprint, it appears player take some half a minute to recover the from extra weapon sway even with some of the most lightweight weapons, supposedly due to the weapon inertia. To this day I'm not sure if it is intended to be THAT long, but if you don't have the terrain to go prone on or deploy your bipod to quickly eliminate the sway, that's the time until you can deliver effective fire beyond point blank after coming out of movement, which is a deadly amount. AI don't appear to have that, or at least as bad as human players'.

Also by:

On 3/4/2020 at 1:47 AM, Leopard20 said:

There will be a class based accuracy feature when I complete the mod (e.g. Special Forces, Trained Soldiers, Guerilla Fighters, etc. as well as type of unit such as sniper) , so this still depends on their accuracy as well.

Can you elaborate a bit? do you mean you externalized the accuracy settings fully without the vanilla accuracy related setting having any effect? What happens to weapons configuration for AI, as you may know not all weapons are created equally for AI?

On 3/5/2020 at 12:53 PM, mmm said:

Can you elaborate a bit? do you mean you externalized the accuracy settings fully without the vanilla accuracy related setting having any effect? What happens to weapons configuration for AI, as you may know not all weapons are created equally for AI?

As I said before, I don't use the AI shooting system anymore, due to the aiming problem (which I almost fixed last week, but still doesn't work the way I wanted). So I have created an "aimbot" with nearly 100% accuracy (as in that video). It doesn't depend on the type of the weapon but rather the type of projectile (ammo). So yes, vanilla aiming and accuracy is completely irrelevant now. I mean they can't even pull the trigger now, so I must decide when they should fire and do the firing myself. This also enabled me to fixe the problem with their rate of fire (e.g. they hardly ever go full burst at long distances, but now they can do it to suppress the enemy)

To lower the accuracy, I add an error depending on several parameters, such as fatigue, speed, suppression, optics (fnc of distance), etc. Next, I multiply the result (or should I say, divide it) by a number corresponding to the unit's skill. Skill is variable per faction and type of unit.

Hey ! Felt in love with your mod, it's a great alternative for C2 without to much keyshorcut template and staying with vanilla vibe.

But I must ask for something : how to use Crusing & Loiter mode? Is it better to use only AIO stuff (cause I actualy use vanilla menu too, and I couldn't say if sometimes it may broke some ordres. Sometimes when I'm on a vehicule with Ai driving and I click somewhere on the map (on the waypoint menu you've done) it give ordre to move simply.

Canno't wait see Super AI & the surprise one

4 hours ago, Totem974 said:

Hey ! Felt in love with your mod, it's a great alternative for C2 without to much keyshorcut template and staying with vanilla vibe.

But I must ask for something : how to use Crusing & Loiter mode? Is it better to use only AIO stuff (cause I actualy use vanilla menu too, and I couldn't say if sometimes it may broke some ordres. Sometimes when I'm on a vehicule with Ai driving and I click somewhere on the map (on the waypoint menu you've done) it give ordre to move simply.

Canno't wait see Super AI & the surprise one

Thanks.

To use the cruise and loiter modes you have to switch to Super Pilot Mode first. You can do so by hopping into the gunner seat of a helicopter (with a pilot, of course!) and pressing Ctrl+F, or using the menu option Vehicle Commands > Driver Mode. You can switch to loiter mode both by using the menu and also Ctrl+A/D buttons.

Cruise mod is activated with Ctrl+W/S buttons.
I've explained this in more detail in the Manual (see the first post).

My custom menus and vanilla menus are all the same except the target selection, action and mount menus (which are dynamic menus that cannot be "preprocessed"). Also, if you'd like to use both menus, you can always switch to vanilla ones with Ctrl/Alt + Number buttons (if you use the default keybinding).

I tried my best to make my custom commands match the vanilla counterparts so most of them work just fine without any bugs. Some might have bugs, which can mostly be worked around using the unsticking function. So there shouldn't be much to worry about. If you encounter a bug, you can report it so I take a look at it.

• Like 1

Thank you for your answer. It's need pratice but loitering & crusing is good now 😃

May I ask again  : when I spawn in a vehicule with AI, I go to the Waypointsetting map of your mod, and whenever I click somewhere it give order to move on my click. (like a vanilla "yellow" crew order to move)

55 minutes ago, Totem974 said:

May I ask again  : when I spawn in a vehicule with AI, I go to the Waypointsetting map of your mod, and whenever I click somewhere it give order to move on my click. (like a vanilla "yellow" crew order to move)

Sorry I don't understand. What is you question again?

Sorry, french inside, I'm doing my best., I will try to formulate better.

In some missions, (I did reproduce the scene on the editor and this is what happens when the IA of my group is conductive and I group leader), when I am group leader in an AI group in a vehicle and I click on the map it gives the order to the group to move where clicked. This also happens when I am in "WayPoints" mode. So that even if I do not select any units and that by mistake I click somewhere with the left click of the mouse and well I give the order to the unit to move there. It is very disturbing. I understand it was sometimes integrated into missions, but I'm not sure.
(https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/onMapSingleClick) = Is there a way to deactivate this when the mod is activated or is it on the mission side or else ? (currently we play on The Forgotten Few 2, and it happens when you appear on boats)

edit : I think this is my problem

Edited by Totem974
found something could be my problem

6 hours ago, Totem974 said:

Sorry, french inside, I'm doing my best., I will try to formulate better.

In some missions, (I did reproduce the scene on the editor and this is what happens when the IA of my group is conductive and I group leader), when I am group leader in an AI group in a vehicle and I click on the map it gives the order to the group to move where clicked. This also happens when I am in "WayPoints" mode. So that even if I do not select any units and that by mistake I click somewhere with the left click of the mouse and well I give the order to the unit to move there. It is very disturbing. I understand it was sometimes integrated into missions, but I'm not sure.
(https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/onMapSingleClick) = Is there a way to deactivate this when the mod is activated or is it on the mission side or else ? (currently we play on The Forgotten Few 2, and it happens when you appear on boats)

edit : I think this is my problem

It's a default vanilla feature. I think it can be disabled. I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

It's a default vanilla feature. I think it can be disabled. I'll see what I can do. 

Great !

As I said, we play actually The Forgotten Few 2, and we had a bug sometimes. And I wounder if it because of that mod : / It is so a great mission even for solo players and maybe you know how to fix this issue. We do play in on dedicated server too maybe the multiplayer side is ideal for using AIO ?

During a mission I don't know why yet, the Coyote icon disappear and no 0-0-5 command anymore (the windows didn't show up).

Sounds like for some reason Coyote leader became "null" or not alive. Is this in multiplayer or single player? Could the AIO Command interfere with the group leader status?

4 hours ago, Totem974 said:

Great !

As I said, we play actually The Forgotten Few 2, and we had a bug sometimes. And I wounder if it because of that mod : / It is so a great mission even for solo players and maybe you know how to fix this issue. We do play in on dedicated server too maybe the multiplayer side is ideal for using AIO ?

I never imagined that would cause a problem! Yes I give the commander role to player automatically, so he can manage high command.
I'll make it optional. It'll fix the issue.

• Like 1

Update:
https://github.com/leopard20/All-In-One-Command-Menu/releases/tag/v1.2.0-Beta

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1893300731

# Added:
* Medical : New menu option for using ACE Medical's default healing algorithm. Also supports ACE Medical Advanced. It is slower than my healing system but way more realistic (used by default now).

* Super Pilot: New keybinds (default: C ) for using countermeasures in Super Pilot Mode and also switching countermeasure mode (default: Ctrl+C ). For some reason, in some helicopters the AI cannot use flares anymore. You can now do it manually.

* Cheats: New cheat for recreating (debugging) units. Only use if the unit is completely stuck and cannot move anymore (happens in some missions, e.g. DRO). The following properties will be preserved: Name, Face, Voice, Loadout.

* Tasking: New option for switching tasking mode environment to Unscheduled (used by default now). If you run heavily scripted missions often and you only have a few men in your squad (less than 10~15), it is absolutely recommended because it can make the code run much better. If you experience any issues, you can switch back to Scheduled environment from settings (takes effect immediately, no need for restart).

* Zeus: Added a new option to fully unlock zeus and all sides/factions.

# Improved:
* Zeus: No need to refresh zeus every time anymore.

* Menu: High Command menu is now added to the main menu. It replaces the old option "Commanding Menus" which wasn't really needed. Because if you use the default keybinding, you can still use vanilla menus using Ctrl/Shift/Alt + Number keys.

* Tasking: Tasking animation is now performed per frame to fix the problem with units acting weird at low FPS or in heavily scripted missions.

* Custom Menus: They should be opening faster now in heavily scripted missions (hopefully)

# Fixed:
* Medical: Fixed some compatibility issues with ACE that spammed RPT errors.

* Medical: Fixed conflicts with ACE Medical AI, where it would give direct Move orders of its own to AI.

* Waypoint UI: Clicking on map when in vehicles would give a move order to units.

* Menu: Player no longer becomes the high command leader by default. It would break some missions (e.g. Forgotton Few 2). This is now an optional feature which you can turn on in settings.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 3/4/2020 at 5:47 PM, Leopard20 said:

In addition, their aiming is much faster than vanilla AI now so they have a higher chance of eliminating all targets (especially vanilla targets) before getting killed.

Hi Leopard,

Awesome stuff. just wondering if the repo is available for the "super AI". Keen to contribute, i am looking at it from an Enemy AI pov. With the class based settings it might be best to have a very well documented system to allow mods that have created units to integrate and / or independent people like myself to make compatibility mods for things like CUP / RHS so the values of the AI can be fine tuned by others easily to suit the experience they are after, or at least be able to easily overwrite sane defaults 🙂.

10 hours ago, Zanven said:

Hi Leopard,

Awesome stuff. just wondering if the repo is available for the "super AI". Keen to contribute, i am looking at it from an Enemy AI pov. With the class based settings it might be best to have a very well documented system to allow mods that have created units to integrate and / or independent people like myself to make compatibility mods for things like CUP / RHS so the values of the AI can be fine tuned by others easily to suit the experience they are after, or at least be able to easily overwrite sane defaults 🙂.

Hi.

No, it's completely closed source atm. 

There's still a lot of work to be done before focusing on that part! I'm gonna implement it at the end, when everything else works properly.

• Like 1

Great job! This mod makes working with AI a lot better!

I have a bug to report though:

EDIT: this occurs in the mission Forgotten Few only.

something is not working with the commands that require a location (*) eg. the plant explosives action. The AI either plants the explosive right in front of them, or not anywhere near where the player was pointing when selecting the command. The map selection doesn't seem to work at all: there is a notice "Please selection location on the map..." (something like that) but it never goes away and nothing happens.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:17 AM, Kurtosis said:

Great job! This mod makes working with AI a lot better!

I have a bug to report though:

EDIT: this occurs in the mission Forgotten Few only.

something is not working with the commands that require a location (*) eg. the plant explosives action. The AI either plants the explosive right in front of them, or not anywhere near where the player was pointing when selecting the command. The map selection doesn't seem to work at all: there is a notice "Please selection location on the map..." (something like that) but it never goes away and nothing happens.

I just did a quick test and everything seems to work fine on my end.

I need more info:
1. Is your FPS low (< 30 )? (low FPS typically means lots of scripts are running and the codes don't function properly; Forgotten Few is also a heavily scripted mission so it could be the case)
2. What terrain does this happen on?  Can you do a simple test in Editor (on that terrain) to see if it's actually related to the mission?

3. Where did you try to put the explosive? If you were pointing at an object, it might be related to bad LODs.

4. Do you use any custom maps (or map related mods)?

10 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

I just did a quick test and everything seems to work fine on my end.

I need more info:
1. Is your FPS low (< 30 )? (low FPS typically means lots of scripts are running and the codes don't function properly; Forgotten Few is also a heavily scripted mission so it could be the case)

No, FPS is never below 30.

2. What terrain does this happen on?  Can you do a simple test in Editor (on that terrain) to see if it's actually related to the mission?

Altis, with the (recent) NATO edition of Forgotten Few. I'll run some tests and report back.

3. Where did you try to put the explosive? If you were pointing at an object, it might be related to bad LODs.

In the actual mission I tried to have the AI place explosives near some ammo crates, but not by pointing on the crates themselves, rather the ground near it. However, the issue also occurred in a wide open field.

4. Do you use any custom maps (or map related mods)?

No.

Is this compatible with TPW mods, enhanced movement and incon effects?

Also, this should work with most SP scenarios and SP campaign correct?

4 hours ago, gnosis89 said:

Is this compatible with TPW mods, enhanced movement and incon effects? 

They're not even remotely related to my mod. So yes.

4 hours ago, gnosis89 said:

Also, this should work with most SP scenarios and SP campaign correct?

Yeah. Try not to use it if you're not the squad leader, as it might break the SL's waypoints.