7 hours ago, domokun said:

Does anyone know if, by default,  this is compatible with East Wind campaign?

Or if it requires some specific configuration

I believe it will be. I'll test it myself when it's completed.

4 hours ago, Bukain said:

Hello 🐆 leopard, I'm new here. 

Would you suggest me to run this mod alone without any other addon, or can i run it with big mod like rhs, cup, bw, Spain mod, China mod? I read it work with Ace3 in comments earlier which is a very good news for me as i use ace no medical. I haven't play this add-on yet . I want to know does it make many improvements to the AI too? If so, is that means it will not work with Vcomai right? I've using vcom ai and PIR for some time, what should i do?

Thank you very much.

Hi.

You can run it alongside all mods (AFAIK). 

At the moment it doesn't add any improvements to the AI itself (it simply allows you to command your AI units). So I think it's fully compatible with VCom and other AI mods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, first, you are doing a great work, BI should hire you, because you have done a better job already that they haven´t. Im not much of a singleplayer guy, how possible is it that this is implemented in multiplayer?

2 hours ago, Synchronized said:

Hi, first, you are doing a great work, BI should hire you, because you have done a better job already that they haven´t. Im not much of a singleplayer guy, how possible is it that this is implemented in multiplayer?

Thanks.

It's too early to judge. We have yet to see if it's better or not! 😉

I plan to add MP support as well.

At the moment it doesn't add any improvements to the AI itself (it simply allows you to command your AI units). So I think it's fully compatible with VCom and other AI mods.

....and as I read through this thread I found the answer I was looking for, however I was sitting straight up in my chair hoping that the AI (enemy) would be improved with your mod. It would be a huge improvement to see AI stepping over fences, rolling and all the other great features you have improved. I play SP but never with my own AI units.

Will you be able to address the AI enemy functions in the future?

Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

At the moment it doesn't add any improvements to the AI itself

I meant the AIO Command Menu.

4 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

Will you be able to address the AI enemy functions in the future? 

That's what I'm working on in my Super AI mod.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That's what I'm working on in my Super AI mod.

...even after almost 7 years, it's still so much fun thanks to modders like yourself!!!    :respekt:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

Hi, any update on the delayed Christmas present? 😁

Hi,

I was taking a break during the holidays. So it will be delayed even further.

I'm gonna finish what I was working on before and show you what's done so far. Hopefully (if I find enough time) by the next week.

Anyway, (a late) happy new year guys!

• Like 5

the ace medical rewrite cause incompatibility with your autoheal/medic features any update for that ?

1 hour ago, AirShark said:

the ace medical rewrite cause incompatibility with your autoheal/medic features any update for that ?

I'm aware of that. I still haven't had time to look into it. I'm not 100% sure if it's fixable especially because they've complicated things by kind of "mixing" the Basic and Advanced medical functions together.

If not, ACE medical compatibility will be removed.

6 hours ago, RazdachaKonchi said:

Hello, when you plan to release a test version of smart bots, do you have plans for the first quarter of 2020?

Hi,

I don't know.

I have 3 milestones to reach before a test release:
1. Implementing the basics, such as movement, aiming, etc. This is what I showed you in the first video.

2. Improving the basics + performance optimizations + implementing my own path generation systems + adding "individual brain" functions + a few new additions (e.g. UI). This step is currently in progress (nearly complete).
3. Implementing the squad leader concept + adding the "teamwork brain" functions + some other group related additions This step basically makes sure that non-player groups work too (which they currently don't)

Of course, the development won't stop there. There are some other "bonus" additions but I guess it would be best to add them after making sure the basics work fine.

To everyone: I'm sorry that the development is taking too long. I know you guys are excited about this mod. Trust me, I'm even more excited! But since I'm a MSc student, I have a ton of work to do already. I try my best to set aside some free time to work on this but most of my time is already taken by working on my thesis.
Another thing that you should note is that this mod, unlike 99% of other mods, is mostly based on undocumented stuff. By undocumented stuff, I mean that either there's no information on them in the Wiki, or they simply don't exist at all, which means I have to create them myself. Because of this, I have to spend most of my time just testing and verifying my work under different circumstances (of course, creating them is a whole different story!)
Plus, sometimes I might come up with better ideas to do something, which means I have to redo what I did from the scratch. In fact, you'd be surprised to know that some parts of my mod have already had 3-4 rewrites!

Anyway, rest assured the development is ongoing. It's just gotten a bit slower than before because there's more work to do. That's all.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

My personal, very biased ARMA 3 AI/AI commanding overhaul fantasy is to:

Spoiler

Get from This

Ps4AVh9.png

To This

gEvdmVA.png

Hopefully within 30s of simulation time.

Well, I haven't find out a way to do it yet, not without unit switch and individually, sequentially hand place each one, to pose for the photo. Some of the challenges are, IMHO:

They won't get there! My camera don't have a view on the position I want my them to go, I'm 200m and a hill away.

They still won't get there! There are only a few stupid predefined building positions with poor sightline or high exposure. Or I order him to move to hug close to that tree trunk for the best cover, but he will only stand 2m away from it.

Great, you're in the building, now will you move a little faster than walking pace? We're getting shot at.

Can I interest you to use the adjust left stance to switch shoulder, so you don't expose the entire torso holding a left hand corner? No? M'kay...

Cover your sector will you? I know someone else spotted something on the opposite of the building but it doesn't concern you, yet.

Hold your rocket launcher out because the mission maker said I'm suppose to see an APC passing through, yes I know you haven't seen one yet.

We finally did it, it only took 7 minutes in 1:1 real time simulation!

And Ideally they'd be able to alter between a "duck" state that's fully behind cover, and "poke" firing state, somehow...

I can't speak for other people, but you can't blame me for being excited when your "SuperAI" seem to address almost each of those, albeit as of yet without allowing player make more detailed command input into those extra actions.

As a side note, on rewatching your video, AI does not appear to be too good at determining whether the weapon muzzle is cleared of close obstacles(back then at least).

7 hours ago, mmm said:

My personal, very biased ARMA 3 AI/AI commanding overhaul fantasy is to:

Reveal hidden contents

Get from This

Ps4AVh9.png

To This

gEvdmVA.png

Hopefully within 30s of simulation time.

Well, I haven't find out a way to do it yet, not without unit switch and individually, sequentially hand place each one, to pose for the photo. Some of the challenges are, IMHO:

They won't get there! My camera don't have a view on the position I want my them to go, I'm 200m and a hill away.

They still won't get there! There are only a few stupid predefined building positions with poor sightline or high exposure. Or I order him to move to hug close to that tree trunk for the best cover, but he will only stand 2m away from it.

Great, you're in the building, now will you move a little faster than walking pace? We're getting shot at.

Can I interest you to use the adjust left stance to switch shoulder, so you don't expose the entire torso holding a left hand corner? No? M'kay...

Cover your sector will you? I know someone else spotted something on the opposite of the building but it doesn't concern you, yet.

Hold your rocket launcher out because the mission maker said I'm suppose to see an APC passing through, yes I know you haven't seen one yet.

We finally did it, it only took 7 minutes in 1:1 real time simulation!

Piece of cake for Super AI! I just tested this building; <2 seconds to mesh, and nearly instand path generation to anywhere you want! Less than 10 seconds for taking all positions inside the building! 😉

Switching to launcher works already.

Window positions have some false positives atm, I hope I can fix it soon.

7 hours ago, mmm said:

As a side note, on rewatching your video, AI does not appear to be too good at determining whether the weapon muzzle is cleared of close obstacles(back then at least).

That's because you can't find the position of the muzzle in Arma directly (access to weapon selections/animations are locked, so you can't, e.g. deploy the bipod). There's no direct command that gives you the unit's weapon object either.

That's not the only problem. You can't manually make a unit aim up or down either (presumably to prevent people from making aimbots) so I have to temporarily give controls back to vanilla AI so they can aim for me. This temporary switch has its own set of problems.

Like I said, what I'm doing is not as easy as it may seem!

BTW, I use the unit's right middle finger (plus some adjustments) as the "muzzle"! 

In my tests they fire accurately 99.9% of the time.

• Like 2

Hope your "satellite feed" revamp is also moving along well, as the vanilla command will definitely be insufficient for your AI.

Hmm, do you mean when AI's firing it's using vanilla AI controlling the unit? But in your Demo the AI was strafing while shooting, something they never do? Is it correct for me to interpret that this is the kind of problem that could be handled a lot more easily say if you were a BI dev, but now you have to resort to workarounds and gimmicks?

8 hours ago, mmm said:

Hope your "satellite feed" revamp is also moving along well, as the vanilla command will definitely be insufficient for your AI.

Hmm, do you mean when AI's firing it's using vanilla AI controlling the unit? But in your Demo the AI was strafing while shooting, something they never do? Is it correct for me to interpret that this is the kind of problem that could be handled a lot more easily say if you were a BI dev, but now you have to resort to workarounds and gimmicks?

I said aiming up/down, because upper body animations (head, weapons, etc.) cannot be controlled by scripts. Strafing = moving to the sides + fixing the "azimuth" (left/right angle), so it doesn't have any problems.

One of the downsides with lack of upper body anims is that the super ai act like robots. E.g. when you walk in front of them they don't look at you like the vanilla AI do. They don't have idle animations either! (shuffling feet, playing around with weapon, wiping sweat, etc.)

Also, super AI cannot peek around corners like you do with Q/E buttons. Instead they use the left/right stance adjustment (Ctrl+A/D). Its downside is that it exposes a bigger portion of your body.

These issues are minor compared to their improved combat abilities and overall responsiveness though. But I figured it'd be worth mentioning so you'd realize that super AI are not perfect.

I still don't get... Doesn't any kind shooting involves pointing at a specific azimuth/elevation, what's happening with your AI at 8:52 in your video, that's AI shooting right? Clearly with the strafing ability and kind of firing discipline and accuracy not present in vanilla?

The loss of idle animation that has no real function doesn't bother me a bit, I don't even consider it any sacrifice for the kind of result you produced. As for stance adjustment, right lean is more or less functionally interchangeable with right adjust when used independently. Left lean on the other hand is fairly pointless without combining with a left adjust, which is in actuality a shoulder swap. You substituting left lean with left adjust can really improve AI cover taking even used on its own, especially on those walls with slanted cut on the left side.

2 hours ago, mmm said:

I still don't get... Doesn't any kind shooting involves pointing at a specific azimuth/elevation, what's happening with your AI at 8:52 in your video, that's AI shooting right? Clearly with the strafing ability and kind of firing discipline and accuracy not present in vanilla?

Normally it would but because of the restrictions I mentioned earlier that's not possible. So I just "grab" the bullet and "launch" it at the target's location (with drag and other factors accounted for). I don't control the bullet during flight so it's not 100% accurate at long ranges (>1000 m) except for faster bullets (>900 m/s init speed). In other words, first I fire the weapon, then I use an event handler to find when bullet is fired. After that I adjust the bullet's initial angle so it lands where I want it to. Thus, aiming is irrelevant (they can shoot at a target even if it's behind them). So I make do with a semi accurate aiming to make it look realistic enough from an outsider's point of view. 

Hi. I tried your command menu mod with Liberation Tobruk and they are made for one another. Playing as commander the mission is integrated into Zeus so HC units can be built so the mod is essential in order to transfer units to HC or nab units off HC units in the field. The vanilla menu's have always been a pain buts its surprising how quickly I can issue a command once I know them. But in the heat of battle I've got confused with every menu item looking the same. The best thing about the mod is the menu icons ! Great ! :supercool: ... So, I had a unit stuck in a building but unstick did not move the soldier far enough to unstick him, but I just switched to him. Problem solved. Really glad to see a mod unleashing the full potential of the AI like this :yay:.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MichaelZFreeman said:

Hi. I tried your command menu mod with Liberation Tobruk and they are made for one another. Playing as commander the mission is integrated into Zeus so HC units can be built so the mod is essential in order to transfer units to HC or nab units off HC units in the field. The vanilla menu's have always been a pain buts its surprising how quickly I can issue a command once I know them. But in the heat of battle I've got confused with every menu item looking the same. The best thing about the mod is the menu icons ! Great ! :supercool: ... So, I had a unit stuck in a building but unstick did not move the soldier far enough to unstick him, but I just switched to him. Problem solved. Really glad to see a mod unleashing the full potential of the AI like this :yay:.

Glad it was helpful!

Speaking of commanding menus, I plan to add another set of custom commanding menus that are the same as the vanilla ones except with icons (and maybe the same font as the one in the current custom menus). It would be better for those who are used to the vanilla menus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lukaner15 said:

Hey, is the estimated 2020 Q1 release for the SuperAI still up-to-date?

More or less, yes. I might be able to finish it by the end of March/April. 

I still can't say anything for sure. Because 1. My free time isn't predictable at all. 2. I don't have a set picture for this mod so my ideas are always changing as I progress. New features might require a rewrite of the older features as well (has happened several times already).

Anyway, all updates will be posted on this topic, YouTube, Tweeter and Reddit so you won't miss it.

• Thanks 2

On 2/23/2020 at 10:01 AM, xander080212 said:

I can't wait to have this amazing mod. Btw thank you in advance for creating this. Keep it up sir👏👏👏

Same!